FLYACYYZ
Topic Author

AC//Pending Routes

Tue May 30, 2006 6:48 am

Wondering if anybody has information regarding two pending Air Canada routes.

Last year, YYZ-GEO service was announced, and early indications were that the flight would be an extension of YYZ-POS. Hasn't been so much as a peep regarding the status of this route.

Also, the much talked about YYZ-LAX-SYD route, concurrent with the Triple 7 deliveries. Any updates on the confirmation of route authority or start up dates??

Cheers
Above and Beyond

longhauler

RE: AC//Pending Routes

Tue May 30, 2006 9:40 am

With regard to GEO service, normally, we receive route, air regs and airport information about a new destination around 6 months in advance. This give Flight Operations time to assess things. This has happened with all new destinations we have introduced in the last few years. As this has yet to happen, I assume it is not coming any time soon.

With regard to the YYZ-LAX-SYD route, it appears that it will be one of the new routes introduced with the introduction of the B777. We recently had an equipment bid, and it was curious that all B777 assignments were in YYZ. When asked, management advised this was due to the new routes they had in mind first for the B777; YYZ-HKG, YYZ-DEL/BOM, YYZ-3 destinations in China, and YYZ-LAX-SYD.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

6thfreedom

RE: AC//Pending Routes

Tue May 30, 2006 12:05 pm

Quoting LongHauler (Reply 1):
With regard to the YYZ-LAX-SYD route, it appears that it will be one of the new routes introduced with the introduction of the B777

Any prospect of AC resuming MEL ops??