cx750

Kuwait Onboard Services

Tue May 30, 2006 11:10 am

Does anyone know if alcohol is served on flights to KWI? Do they serve on return trips from KWI? Anything specific that airlines do for KWI flights? thanks.

ChiGB1973

RE: Kuwait Onboard Services

Tue May 30, 2006 11:48 am

No, there is no alcohol served or available.

SR 103

Tue May 30, 2006 1:43 pm

Are you specifically asking about Kuwait Airways or International Airlines flying into Kuwait?

Kuwait Airways - No alcohol is served onboard the airline at all on any route in the system.

International Airlines - I have done my fair share of flights on KLM and Emirates into and out of Kuwait and they all have serve alcohol. Nothing special that I have noticed on any of the airlines. I have had family members fly Lufthansa and British Airways as well and no one has noticed anything special in terms of alcohol service. However an announcement is normally made about the laws on the subject before landing into Kuwait.

SR 103

sleak76

Wed May 31, 2006 8:20 pm

Foreign airlines serving to/from KWI do serve alcohol - if alcohol is part of their inflight service. The country's law regarding alcohol is not enforced upon the foreign airlines in this respect as the foreign airlines do not fall under the Kuwaiti jurisdiction (when it comes to alcohol).

Hence you can expect to be served liquor/beer when flying on BA, KL, LH, etc.
'Place your ad here'. Only $9.95 per post made.

ChiGB1973

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:01 am

I guess there are some exceptions.

When flying for TZ, we were not allowed to serve alcohol in or out of Middle Eastern countries. We could not break the seal on the liquor kits until our diversion airport was somewhere besides the Middle East. I guess the scheduled carriers have some agreements or maybe looking the other way.

I don't know what the punishment would be for public drunk. Not to say you want to get drunk, but the flight to KWI might as well be the start of your ride on the bandwagon.

M

TurkishWings

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:09 am

TK also serves KWI frequently. It was one of my night flights. We do serve alcohol too and we did not have to seal everything like we did on flights to Saudi Arabia as far as I remember... Nothing out of the ordinary on these flights except once our technician on board fainted and I had to make my first doctor announcement Big grin
Coffee - Tea or Me?

tundra767

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:33 am

Quoting ChiGB1973 (Reply 4):
When flying for TZ, we were not allowed to serve alcohol in or out of Middle Eastern countries. We could not break the seal on the liquor kits until our diversion airport was somewhere besides the Middle East. I guess the scheduled carriers have some agreements or maybe looking the other way.

THis was because of the nature of flights TZ was doing into and out of KWI.