moman

Widebody At STL Today

Tue May 30, 2006 2:57 pm

I flew on AA 1763 today STL-ORD, scheduled as a 757, and imagine my surprise when I checked in and saw a 767 substituted. I was full of glee for finally flying on a widebody out of STL and the jet was pretty packed. We left from C-24, but due to weather in Chicago, we had to divert to Detriot for more fuel then we returned to ORD 3 hours later than our scheduled arrival. The AA 767 was a very nice aircraft and I'm thankful to get a chance to fly on it. Any ideas why the sub happened? The F/As didn't know.

I have some pics I will post when I'm home again....got a real good pic at the gate and one of the seat map on the check in terminal.
AA Platinum Member - American Airlines Forever

stl1326

RE: Widebody At STL Today

Wed May 31, 2006 12:39 am

Lucky surprise, to bad we don't get to see these birds on a daily basis. Can't wait to see the pics.

no1racer

RE: Widebody At STL Today

Wed May 31, 2006 12:53 am

Hey,
This was the second time that the flight has had a 767-300 substituted. The other time was on May 14th, so consider yourself fortunate. This flight usually gets an MD 82 substitute.

no1racer

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos