1. WN's load factor at DAL sucks and is currently a huge liability for the airline
as its an underperforming city.
2. DAL is very poorly located for WN to have good yields there even if Wright goes away.
3. By opposing repeal of Wright, AA may be putting themselves in a bad position, because DAL may become so unbearable that WN will be forced to DFW, which is a nightmare for AA.
4. Just because WN says they won't move to DFW doesn't mean jack, after saying they would never serve DEN again.
5. By supporting the protect the children and stop the noise groups against more airport noise, and then adding flights into DAL, AA becomes a bunch of hypocrites and ticks off a lot of people in the metroplex.
6. If WN can't make DAL work in its present state, no one else can, and therefore traffic wouldn't flock to DAL, as others have claimed.
Here is the full article.