ETStar
Topic Author

Fly For Free On Ghana International Airlines

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:18 pm

Came across the article below, and am baffled at the report which states that those who booked online for Ghana International's flights were never charged for their flights! Of course, I was sampling a bucket load of salt while reading the article, but it does make references to both existing and ousted GIA officials' statements supporting this fact along with other allegations.

I bring this up to ask if anyone here has purchased at ticket from GIA's website, and can attest to this report? Soups?

Oh, and the article sounds very soap-opera'ish, complete with "next time on daily express ..."

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePag.../NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=105368

etfokker50

RE: Fly For Free On Ghana International Airlines

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:43 pm

I thought some airlines had bad service, but this is just plain stupid! If I'd have known, I'd have gone out of my way to get a free flight!

soups

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:33 pm

Quoting ETStar (Thread starter):
I bring this up to ask if anyone here has purchased at ticket from GIA's website, and can attest to this report? Soups?

I was their first customer via the www, i used my dad credit card for that flight not sure if they took the money or not. Was a free flight for me anyway (Paid by parents)
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

GLAGAZ

Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:22 am

Quote:
deceit and incompetence which has resulted in the airline loosing millions of dollars.

Quote:
costing the airline to lose in excess of $450,000.

:S

Gaz
Neutrality means that u don't really care cos the struggle goes on even when ur not there, blind and unaware

bennett123

Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:24 pm

If they are giving out free tickets, then I do not see them lasting long.

BBJII

Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:43 pm

Quoting ETStar (Thread starter):
Came across the article below, and am baffled at the report which states that those who booked online for Ghana International's flights were never charged for their flights!

Euromanx had the same issue when they launched there booking engine.

My parents flew LCY-IOM-LCY and were never charged.

They called Reservations and said they'd never been charged. Res said they had.

They booked 4 more returns each, and still hadn't been charged 2 years later!!!

They sent a email to res being honest, but res said they had been charged.

There flights this year were charged.

Last week they got an email from Euromanx to confirm they had NOT been charged for 5 flights each (returns)in 2005. As there error was there's, would they kindly pay for 2 flights each....they did and, as a kindwill gesture, they got a free ticket valid for 6 months!!!

They've now done 7 flights (all return), and paid for 3!!!!

5 x 2005 paid for 2
2 x 2006 paid for 1 1 free..

wave 
Remember: The Bird Hit You, You Didn't Hit The Bird.....