slappy

Travelling Within Brazil

Sat Jun 17, 2000 11:24 pm

At the end of the year I'll be travelling from Sao Paulo to Foz do Iguacu. Just wondering what experience people have with Brazil's carriers, and which one they recommend. The last time I was there in 1997 I was on an AFS exchange, so I didn't have any choice with the airline. I flew with RioSul which I enjoyed, but was just wondering about the other airlines. Thanks!

turbulence

RE: Travelling Within Brazil

Sun Jun 18, 2000 12:18 am

Do not worry and fly whatever takes you there. I would get scared only in minor lines in jungle areas on board crappy props or so. But São Paulo and Iguaçu are served by all the major companies hundreds of frequencies every day.
If I could advice you on wich company to avoid, it would be Viação Aérea Rio Grande, that's to say, VARIG, for two reasons: 1.-they are the most expensive and 2.-some of their employees consider themselves the top of the world and thus "exhaust" some kind of "cold superiority" feeling "against" the passengers

Enjoy your trip and...

Best turbulences

dellatorre

RE: Travelling Within Brazil

Sun Jun 18, 2000 12:49 am

I would say that he´s a little wrong. From Sao Paulo to Foz do Iguazu(don´t miss the Iguazu Falls) there are some flights(not hundreds) like turbulence said. Fell fre to fly Varig, TAM, TransBrasil, VAsp and others. Aviation in Brazil its pretty safe.