northwestair

NW ESE TA Vote Completed 07Jun

Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:40 am

Well the ESE's for NW should have completed their Vote for if they chose to accept the TA from NWA. I believe the final day of voting took place 07JUN. Does anybody have any insight on how the vote went? I know that the IAM said that if the ESE go on strike then the rest of the IAM groups will have to honor the strike.
I don't care who you fly just as long as you fly

gift4tbone

RE: NW ESE TA Vote Completed 07Jun

Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:20 am

I read an article last nite while I was at work, (can't find the link now, and no other news on it, anywhere!), that said they voted it down. BUT, from the 6 people who work the ramp here in PVD for NW, I've heard that pretty much all of them voted Yes, and they also told me the union representative who collected the votes, thought it was going to pass. Hopefully it passes and they don't strike, becuase I know that NW has a back-up plan, at least at their out-stations, like PVD.

-Tony@PVD
Top 3 airports: PVD 23.9%(138 flights), PHL 14.7%(85 flights), PHX 10.2%(59 flights)

northwestair

RE: NW ESE TA Vote Completed 07Jun

Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:41 am

Here in OKC we're all getting outsourced. We're all CSA's that are cross utilized. We work both the tkt ctr and the ramp. As of yesterday we have 18 employee's total on payroll. If the ESE's do pass the vote then it's only because of the serverance package and that's it, cause the rest of the contract is horrible, just like ours.
I don't care who you fly just as long as you fly