ATA757
Topic Author

Imagine An Airline...

Sun Jun 18, 2000 1:20 pm

Imagine an airline showing a movie such as Turbulence or other such movies on-board!!!

Althought it's not a funny-matter (in real-life), it would be funny to see some people's reactions when the F/A says "Now we will be start our movie: Turbulence, a movie in which a 747 is hi-jacked"!

RE: Imagine An Airline...

Sun Jun 18, 2000 1:25 pm

The feature movie on my parent's cruise ship was
Titanic.  

Iflewrepublic

Sun Jun 18, 2000 2:12 pm

I think I would rather see "Airport." The movie starred Dean Martin and Jacqueline Bisset as the pilot and lead flight attendant of a TransGlobal Airlines Flight that is bombed in route from Chicago to Rome. The plane involved is a Boeing 707 intercontinental.
Aviation is proof that, given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

Samurai 777

Mon Jun 19, 2000 2:40 am

I don't know if that's such a good idea for airlines to show those movies like Turbulence, as that wouldn't help PR any. There are people who tend to be wary or even fearful of flying. But I remember coming across something interesting. In the movie Rain Man, with Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman. Dustin, as the autistic guy who'd just gotten out an institution, freaks out at an airport and starts spouting out airline crash stats by airline. Vaious US airlines have shown Rain Man as inflight movies, but with the dialogue about the crashes cut out or edited. Qantas was the only airline to show Rain Man with that same dialogue completely unedited. This was out of a travel guide on Australia.

Mon Jun 19, 2000 3:31 am

i once saw Air force one on my flight

ATA757
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2000 11:51 pm

I can't ever seem to stay in-tune with an in-flight movie!!!

fanofjets

Tue Jun 20, 2000 12:22 am

I think "Those Magnificent Men and Their Flying Machines," a 1965 comedy about early attempts to cross the English Channel in every conceivable flying contraption, would be a pretty cool in-flight movie.
The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Tue Jun 20, 2000 12:46 am

A have seen a movie called "Forces of Nature"
staring Sandra Bullock, in which is a scene when
a seagull flies into aircraft's engine on takeoff and
the plane crashes. Later, I was on flight Vienna-Kuala Lumpur with Malaysian B777, and I was very surprised
when I saw the movie with such scene on PTV's. So I
watched and guess what - all that scene was CUTTED !!! ---no comment---

regards!!!,
Matej Sabol