Just Pl. No.57 (NRT)

Mon Jun 19, 2000 12:52 am

Great video, I'm only 1/2 way through, haven't had time to watch it all. GREAT t/o and landing shots, the flare manoeuvre is shown to full effect on most wide-body landings, and the t/o's are exhilirating to watch.

Plenty of rarities ie. IB742 (are they still flying out to NRT?; I would have thought they used the A340 for impt. routes such as MAD-NRT? Anyway, a TK A340, UL Tri-Star, (probably replaced by an A330 now) IN 747SP, and a CP 762.

There's a great shot from within the Biz. Cabin of a JAL 744, as it makes its easterly approach over Tokyo Bay (probably inbound from the US then isn't it?), right up until touch-down, complete with JAL's therapeutic in-flight music.

Bought it straight from BuchAir here in the UK, I thereby saved on postage from the US; and why do JP videos charge extra for PAL? Avion Video supply NTSC/PAL for no extra charge!

So, if you were thinking of buying it, I do reccommend it thoroughly, I may be flying to Japan myself in August, courtesy of Austrian, but we'll see.

I'm off to RUH tomorrow, ex-LHR on BA's 777 service, should be quite nice, hope the UK ATC problems will have been ironed out by then; I'll file a "trip report" on Tuesday, since we get into King Khaled @ 22:30 local, I won't be in the mood to face a PC screen at that stage!

Regards,
Alex

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos