Humberside
Topic Author

Polish Aviation News

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:05 pm

DirectFly have axed all of their international routes. Their website shows they will now only fly:

Gdansk - Krakow/Wroclaw
Wroclaw - Warsaw

CH Aviation report that LOT may start WAW-IAD flights. These would make sense to feed into UA's IAD hub

Centrawlings have axed Dublin-Lodz but started domestic flights between Wroclaw and Warsaw. Will they be competing with their owners LOT on this route or is it just a positioning flight?
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

Thomas_Jaeger

RE: Polish Aviation News

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:26 pm

I think it is a positioning flight with them just selling seats for the sake of it, maybe also to hurt Direct Fly a little bit on the route.
Swiss aviation news junkie living all over the place

adamlaskiewicz

Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:35 am

The new Centralwings WRO-WAW route is indeed a positioning flight and is only flown three times a week so I guess it is better to try and fill up a plane that would otherwise fly empty. Apparently of all the domestic routes in Poland, the WRO-WAW is the only one that makes any profit but it remains to be seen how well this experiment goes for Centrawings. Air Polonia briefly tried out this route and failed after a short time. The B737 is too big for this route and the frequencies are too low. LOT and euroLOT fly smaller planes, mainly a mix of Embraer ERJ-170 / ERJ-145 / ATR72 / ATR42 aircraft on the route, up to 8 times a day and this proves to be a more successful formula.

kubus

Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:38 am

IAD?
Last I heard there talks about Asia flight, maybe PEK or BKK.