PANAM

Airline Quality

Mon Jun 19, 2000 7:23 am

Concerning the Quality in technic, safety and Pilot's training: what do you think (and perhaps for what reason) is the best Airline in this category?

For me there is: Swissair

Swissair because of a very good precision in maintenance and technic (--Sair Technic), and because of one of the very best Pilots-and Pilot-training.

What airlines you think?

teahan

RE: Airline Quality

Mon Jun 19, 2000 7:26 am

I think it has to be Aer Lingus. They have not had a crash in a long time. I allway thought it was SR antil SR111  !

Jeremiah Teahan
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

Mon Jun 19, 2000 2:55 pm

Right...
Yeah, Up until the end of last year, I would have thought Qantas, but now tables have turned : (
I think Singapore Airlines.. 

trintocan

Mon Jun 19, 2000 3:11 pm

Certainly BWIA West Indies Airways. They have performed all levels of checks on their MD83s and TriStars for over a decade. They have such an impressive reputation that several other carriers send their planes by them for servicing and heavy maintenance.

BWIA has, after all, been serving the Caribbean and the world for 60 years without a fatal accident ever. That reputation alone speaks volumes.

Trintocan.
Hop to it, fly for life!

Mon Jun 19, 2000 3:39 pm

Without a dought Qantas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have not had a single crash or even an emergncy landing at all throughout there history!!!!

P.S. They are also the secound oldest Airline!!!!

I-96

Mon Jun 19, 2000 5:12 pm

Umm....

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © William Curry

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © K W Chui