rwsea

Finally, Some Pix Of DL"s "refreshed" BizE!

Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:39 am

http://news.delta.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=10267

Looks pretty good IMO, better than I expected. This should suffice for a few years while bigger plans are in the works. The seats in the picture look much better than what is out there right now - much newer and cleaner.

Even though the seat may be slightly outdated, I think the new entertainment systems and food offerings, along with DL's great service, will really enhance the experience for those in Biz E.

JGPH1A

RE: Finally, Some Pix Of DL"s "refreshed" BizE!

Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:44 am

Still got those horrid narrow little seats though. Sorry but any carrier that thinks 2x2x2 business class seating on a 767 is a "premium" offering has to be kidding. It might work on domestic, but it's very sub-par for transatlantic. QF's old intercontinental 1x2x2 was much better.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

1337Delta764

Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:50 am

Quoting RwSEA (Thread starter):
Looks pretty good IMO, better than I expected. This should suffice for a few years while bigger plans are in the works. The seats in the picture look much better than what is out there right now - much newer and cleaner.

Even though the seat may be slightly outdated, I think the new entertainment systems and food offerings, along with DL's great service, will really enhance the experience for those in Biz E.

It says that the new BusinessElite will be on 75 aircraft. According to Delta's fleet page, there are 59 767-300ERs. When you add the 777-200ERs, the total goes up to 67. There are 8 remaining aircraft, and I guess that means that 8 (not 5 as previously posted) 767-400ERs will be converted with BusinessElite.
The Pink Delta 767-400ER - The most beautiful aircraft in the sky

SA7700

Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:55 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 1):
but it's very sub-par for transatlantic. QF's old intercontinental 1x2x2 was much better.

I totally agree with your statement. Lets not forget about AC 767's - they also have the 1x2x2 configuration. I had great trips between SYD-CHC-SYD on AC metal, when they operated trans-Tasman flights on QF's behalf a few years ago.

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

Vasu

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:02 am

Oh Delta... surely you realise that Y-class is far more needy of updating!

H53Epilot

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:03 am

I agree as well. CO will eat their lunch with the 2-1-2 config on their 767s. The seats are a bit wider and much more comfortable.

exusair

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:07 am

I flew one of these planes earlier this month. What a marked improvement!!!! IFE in biz elite is interactive, on demand digital system. The headrest has the biz elite logo monogrammed in. Would have liked to have seen replaceable linen readrest covers in coach.

Refit schedule I guess is 8 -300's in July, 8 in August, 8 -400's in September and the balance of the -300's by year end.

rwsea

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:09 am

Quoting H53Epilot (Reply 5):
I agree as well. CO will eat their lunch with the 2-1-2 config on their 767s. The seats are a bit wider and much more comfortable.

No they won't. CO flys tiny little 757's across the Atlantic now for a large percentage of their flights, including major destinations like LGW and AMS.

DL does just fine with the configuration they have - otherwise they would have changed them now while they're doing the refurbishing.

Quoting Vasu (Reply 4):

I agree that Y needs updates - seats with PTVs and adjustable headrests are needed to bring them up to the level of the competition. Hopefully that will be addressed soon enough.

Type-Rated

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:11 am

The seats DO look skinny and I would hate to be in the first row with those tiny little tray tables. I would probably have my food rolling off on the floor.

The selection of movies seems to be quite old. Apollo 13? Ancient and long! Broke Back Mountain? Does Delta even know what this movie is about given their past reputation? Why not show Queer as Folk too? King Kong as a first run movie? Please, that was a 2003 release.

If they are going to show these old movies, why not go with some real classics, you know the kind people always like to see, but never have the time?
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

1337Delta764

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:18 am

Quoting RwSEA (Reply 9):
I agree that Y needs updates - seats with PTVs and adjustable headrests are needed to bring them up to the level of the competition. Hopefully that will be addressed soon enough.

While adjustable headrests are currently not being installed, PTVs will be installed in Y, starting with 100 aircraft (which includes 757s, 737-800s, and domestic 767-300s), and eventually to all aircraft except the MDs and RJs.

MalpensaSFO

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:22 am

Is this a temporary fix until Delta Airlines can invest more money into a more robust International Business Class product? The seats and the screens arent anything special when compared to other airlines in the Trans-Atlantic market. However, in any case, it is an improvement from the current condition of the BIZE product.
TO FLY IS TO SERVE

srbmod

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:22 am

Quoting Type-rated (Reply 8):
King Kong as a first run movie? Please, that was a 2003 release.

Try last December......

Apollo 13? Ancient and long!

Modern classic.....

phollingsworth

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:24 am

Quoting Exusair (Reply 6):
I flew one of these planes earlier this month. What a marked improvement!!!! IFE in biz elite is interactive, on demand digital system.

Looks like the same basic system that is used on the Song a/c. It is a fairly nice system. Much improved over the in-seat video they currently have on the 772s, and up front in the 763s and 764s. From what it looked like the Song system is a client-server streaming setup. Each of the screens is hooked up to its own computer runing some version of (i386) Red Hat.

incitatus

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:32 am

Still got those horrid narrow little seats though. Sorry but any carrier that thinks 2x2x2 business class seating on a 767 is a "premium" offering has to be kidding. It might work on domestic, but it's very sub-par for transatlantic.

It depends on the pitch. I much rather have 80 in of pitch on 2x2x2 than 60 in of pitch on 2x1x2. Being able to lie down on a long flight is essential.
Stop pop up ads

COfaninBOS

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:33 am

It's an improvement for sure but the seats do appear paper thin. Also, it looks as if there is zero space between the seats from that photo so I can't imagine how tight it must actually be. Talk about bumping elbows...

As for the tiny 757s CO flies, I'd take CO's bizfirst product in a 757 any day over the one pictured above. It's much roomier upfront than most would think. I've flown across the Atlantic 4 times in a 757 and never had a bad experience.

Alitalia744

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:36 am

Broke Back Mountain? Does Delta even know what this movie is about given their past reputation? Why not show Queer as Folk too?

What is your problem with showing Broke Back Mountain?

Delta has long supported the gay community and gay rights and is the official airline of most major city's pride festivals, including the largest in the country here in New York City...
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

rwsea

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:59 am

The selection of movies seems to be quite old. Apollo 13? Ancient and long! Broke Back Mountain? Does Delta even know what this movie is about given their past reputation? Why not show Queer as Folk too? King Kong as a first run movie? Please, that was a 2003 release.

If they are going to show these old movies, why not go with some real classics, you know the kind people always like to see, but never have the time?

Hmm interesting points except for the fact that Firewall and Pink Panther were just released on DVD in the past couple weeks. Apollo 13 and The Fugitive - sometimes people like to watch "classics" from the last decade. On my last flight with UA I watched "Catch Me If You Can" because all the "new releases" were garbage. If Brokeback Mountain is such a problem, why is there a whole shelf of them that are all checked out at my local video store? Give me a break.

1337Delta764

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:36 am

Brokeback Mountain IMO should be replaced by South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut.

BTW are those remotes in the seats? Although I can't see them clearly, the Song system does not have remotes. Can anyone explain this?

DeltaMIA

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:36 am

The seats DO look skinny and I would hate to be in the first row with those tiny little tray tables. I would probably have my food rolling off on the floor.

All tray tables come out of the arm rest in J cabin. The first row provides the same amount of leg room without having the seat in front of you come back in flight. On the 763ER I find it to be the best seat on the plane. On any other product such as Y or F class I can't stand the bulkhead.

Come on I am sure you can find something else to complain about. This is for those travelling in June. It will change every month. Do you really believe this is a permanent selection of films?
It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

MalpensaSFO

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:39 am

The selection of movies seems to be quite old. Apollo 13?

I recall TWA showing Casablanca as the second movie on MXP-JFK in 1996..
TO FLY IS TO SERVE

panamair

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:41 am

Quoting H53Epilot (Reply 5):

CO has been having 2-1-2 on the 767 for as long as DL has had 2-2-2 on th3 763. Do you really think CO has eaten their lunch all this time since 1998? AA, UA, KL, and even BA with their new lie-flat Club World seats, all have a 2-2-2 configuration on their 767s.

Quoting SA7700 (Reply 3):
I totally agree with your statement. Lets not forget about AC 767's - they also have the 1x2x2 configuration. I had great trips between SYD-CHC-SYD on AC metal, when they operated trans-Tasman flights on QF's behalf a few years ago

Still got those horrid narrow little seats though. Sorry but any carrier that thinks 2x2x2 business class seating on a 767 is a "premium" offering has to be kidd

Seriously, are you all such fat as*es that you can't fit into those seats? I thought only us Americans were known around the world for being tubs of lard!

PLEASE! We're talking about the Peter Jackson "King Kong" movie from last Christmas! Get a Grip!

The selection of movies seems to be quite old. Apollo 13? Ancient and long! Broke Back Mountain? Does Delta even know what this movie is about given their past reputation? Why not show Queer as Folk too?

Just in case you didn't know, all airlines with a decent selection of on-demand movies feature various sections such as New Releases, Film Classics, Popular Favorites, etc. Take a look at SQ's selection - they have "Lethal Weapon", "The Truman Show", "Big Daddy", "The Perfect Storm" EEEWW HOW ANCIENT!  Yeah sure. BTW, "Brokeback Mountain" has been/is being shown on VS, QF, BA, etc. as well

Quoting COfaninBOS (Reply 14):
It's an improvement for sure but the seats do appear paper thin. Also, it looks as if there is zero space between the seats from that photo so I can't imagine how tight it must actually be. Talk about bumping elbows...

For God's sake, it is essentially the same seat with the same pitch of 60" as before except with better padding and headrest, that's a whole 5" MORE seat pitch THAN CO's BF seats on the 767s and 757s, not to mention a 160 degree recline, which is more than CO's 150-155.

mikkel777

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:47 am

Quoting RwSEA (Reply 7):
No they won't. CO flys tiny little 757's across the Atlantic now for a large percentage of their flights, including major destinations like LGW and AMS.

The 75 biz-cabin is superior to most, I even prefer it to DL's 777 2-2-2 cabin. The seat in the DL 777 is bigger, but the cabin on the 75 is so much better!

Give me a 75 any day, widebodies are so overrated.

aircanada014

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:07 am

I thought the seating on DLs new bizzelite was 1x2x2? instead of 2x2x2?

not bad for the seats especially leather, more cushion  Smile

Vasu

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:12 am

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Reply 9):
While adjustable headrests are currently not being installed, PTVs will be installed in Y, starting with 100 aircraft (which includes 757s, 737-800s, and domestic 767-300s), and eventually to all aircraft except the MDs and RJs.

Hmm... does anyone else think its strange that they're fitting out the domestic aircraft before the intl ones? Surely PTVs would benefit people far more on intl routes!

B4REAL

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:19 am

Still got those horrid narrow little seats though. Sorry but any carrier that thinks 2x2x2 business class seating on a 767 is a "premium" offering has to be kidding. It might work on domestic, but it's very sub-par for transatlantic. QF's old intercontinental 1x2x2 was much better.

You are right, this is really not much of a change. The mechanics are really the same. Surface materials updates are nice, but not really substantial. It will make a more positive first impression just by being clean and smelling new.

Quoting COfaninBOS (Reply 14):

The BizE seats are only .5" wider than coach. The pitch is superior, however.

Quoting Mikkel777 (Reply 21):
Give me a 75 any day, widebodies are so overrated.

You are right. The 738 is my favorite Delta bird.
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds

H53Epilot

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:56 am

Quoting Panamair (Reply 20):
Do you really think CO has eaten their lunch all this time since 1998?

Ummmm, yes. Who's in better financial shape? Who's BF product is continually ranked as the best in the world? This second point speaks for itself.

panamair

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:02 am

Quoting H53Epilot (Reply 25):
Ummmm, yes. Who's in better financial shape? Who's BF product is continually ranked as the best in the world? This second point speaks for itself.

Yes, CO is profitable but can you prove that it's due to CO's 'better' BF product? BF is ranked best in the world? Compared to SQ, BA, VS? Which surveys are those? They may hold the Best TATL Business cabin in some polls but are certainly not THE best in the world.

By your logic, since DL's BE is inherently better than AA's J cabin, how come AA was/is more profitable than DL??

ASTROJET707

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:09 am

I wish DL would adopt a real premium cabin. Even AF's older version J has DLBE beat. I agree with Mikkel777, DL'sm seat width is uncomfortable compared to CO and AF. But the configuration of the J cabin seems to mirror Y class...number of seats in Y restrict seat pitch, reducing comfort...seat width in J allows 2x2x2. If DL went 2x1x2 or some combination with a 20" seat...they would get my money. Even in a strong economy, I do not see Delta moving from 2x2x2.

JMO,

AJ707

rwsea

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:42 am

Quoting H53Epilot (Reply 25):

CO's BizFirst is certainly not ranked best in the world. And CO may be returning to profitability, but it has gone through bankruptcy twice in the past. Oh, and DL was the most profitable US carrier prior to 9/11.

Quoting ASTROJET707 (Reply 27):
f DL went 2x1x2 or some combination with a 20" seat...they would get my money. Even in a strong economy, I do not see Delta moving from 2x2x2.

The problem with this argument is that they're already getting plenty of other people's money, if not getting yours. Obviously lots and lots of people are willing to pay for DL's BizE service or else they would have changed it by now. DL's business class product must be at least somewhat competitive given that they are the largest carrier across the Atlantic and have high load factors.

DL4EVR

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:45 am

Quoting MalpensaSFO (Reply 10):
Delta Airlines

I'm not directing this one towards you specifically, but I don't know how many times it needs to be said...but it's Delta Air Lines, not Delta Airlines. Please remember that...thank you.
We Love To Fly And It Shows.

Alitalia744

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:49 am

Quoting DL4EVR (Reply 29):
I'm not directing this one towards you specifically, but I don't know how many times it needs to be said...but it's Delta Air Lines, not Delta Airlines. Please remember that...thank you.

Actually kid, if you're gonna get technical, it's

Delta Air Lines, Inc.

B777-700

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:58 am

Still got those horrid narrow little seats though. Sorry but any carrier that thinks 2x2x2 business class seating on a 767 is a "premium" offering has to be kidding.

Quoting SA7700 (Reply 3):
totally agree with your statement.

Horrid?...lol hardly. Nothing about any premium service is horrid. Any airline, any aircraft. If these are the things you have to complain about, your life is too easy.

And yes, it's premium. It's standard for US carriers.

Quoting Vasu (Reply 4):

Oh Vasu... Surely you realize they're updating that too, don't you?

The tray tables come out of the arm rest, and no...your food would not.

This is absolutely no different than any other airline.
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

airzim

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:03 am

Quoting RwSEA (Reply 28):
Co's BizFirst is certainly not ranked best in the world. And CO may be returning to profitability, but it has gone through bankruptcy twice in the past. Oh, and DL was the most profitable US carrier prior to 9/11.

Is this broken record ever going to stop?

Who cares if DL was the most profitable prior to 9/11. Back then they gave sweetheart contracts to the pilots and look where they are now.

Delta fans are really getting pathetic. Getting excited over seat covers and AVOD. It's completely cosmetic.

Have a look at the thread on AA's new product. Its getting a universal thumbs down from everyone including AA fans. But damn if the Delta posse eeks out any criticism of their beloved carrier.

Time to put the Kleenex and hand soap away

Type-Rated

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:11 am

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 11):

Try last December......

Quoting Panamair (Reply 20):
PLEASE! We're talking about the Peter Jackson "King Kong" movie from last Christmas! Get a Grip!

Whoops, I confused that movie with "The Incredible Hulk", I stand corrected. It is obvious that I am not a movie fan.

Quote:
What is your problem with showing Broke Back Mountain?

Delta has long supported the gay community and gay rights and is the official airline of most major city's pride festivals, including the largest in the country here in New York City...

I personally don't have a problem with showing this movie, I even admit to seeing it. Delta wasn't always so gay freindly. Anyone remember the former Pan Am employee hiring scandal at Delta back in the 90's?
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

Alitalia744

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:43 am

Quoting Airzim (Reply 32):
But damn if the Delta posse eeks out any criticism of their beloved carrier.

Time to put the Kleenex and hand soap away

AirZim, I know you've personally hit me on this so here's my true thoughts...

Is it the best Biz class seat out there? HELL NO. Delta needs to completely revamp BIZ-E with a lie flat (not life-flat at an angle) and ideally make the class 2-1-2. The PTVs (while now AVOD and with live TV) could be bigger (They're tiny, as anyone whose flown song will tell you).

Is what we're getting better than what's before? YES. Will it last? NO. Delta will have to, when profitable, re-invest in Biz/E and Y class on international and even domestic routes to remain competitive and have a service edge.

I also have some other beef with Delta and since I'm accused of only drinking the kool-aid, I'll air some of it here:

-No F meals on flights of a certain length (just got off ATL-ZIH-ATL blocked at 4:05 and there was no meal, not even a snack, just the snack basket multiple times)
-757 Y class is the worst cabin in the sky - no room whatsoever and cosmetically putting new lights and leather on the seats doesn't help in any way.
-732s getting old and ratty - these birds need replacing
-CRJ usage sucks at Delta, I'm so sick of getting stuck on a OO CRJ, I now avoid them like the plague
-PowerPorts - stop using the stupid adapter and put in normal 3-prong plugs for customers

There's a ton of other gripes I have...

DeltaRules

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:56 am

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Reply 17):
Although I can't see them clearly, the Song system does not have remotes. Can anyone explain this?

Song's IFE is a touch screen. IIRC, there are buttons in the armrest like you'd see on a plane with normal IFE, but the controls for the TV, including volume & channel, are controlled on screen.

DeltaRules
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

ASTROJET707

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:07 am

f DL went 2x1x2 or some combination with a 20" seat...they would get my money. Even in a strong economy, I do not see Delta moving from 2x2x2.

The problem with this argument is that they're already getting plenty of other people's money, if not getting yours. Obviously lots and lots of people are willing to pay for DL's BizE service or else they would have changed it by now. DL's business class product must be at least somewhat competitive given that they are the largest carrier across the Atlantic and have high load factors.

Does Delta fill the seats because its a great product...NOT
Does Delta fill seats because of FF mileage whores...YES
Mileage loyalty and Product loyalty are two different animals.
Do many people fly it beacuse it it cheaper than most European carriers...YES
Many US companies willing to pay $2500-$3500 for DLBE...YES
Bang for the Buck...DLBE SUCKS!
Seat comfort and catering are poor compared to most other carriers crossing the pond.

Pity the SOB stuck in DLBE to JNB!

Evan767

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:09 am

Quoting Airzim (Reply 32):

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with this guy and Delta? He needs to stop being such a little bi***y pessimist and support DL for improving their product even if it looks like crap (which it doesn't). If Delta wouldn't have done this, he would be posting all his crap all over Delta threads saying BizE is outdated and needs an update. Well here it is, a temporary update.
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

MalpensaSFO

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:11 am

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 34):
No F meals on flights of a certain length (just got off ATL-ZIH-ATL blocked at 4:05 and there was no meal, not even a snack, just the snack basket multiple times)

Unfortunately I had the terrible honor of flying F from ATL-LAX on the 763. The cabin was dated.. Food was..well, not befitting anything in the realm of First Class. Question why do U.S. airlines advertise First Class when the service and seats are more Business Class? At least in Europe on a 55 minute flight in C class you get a hot snack and attentive service. Should I mention the hop in Asia from KUL-SIN in J... Wow!
TO FLY IS TO SERVE

DL4EVR

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:11 am

Quoting DeltaRules (Reply 35):
but the controls for the TV, including volume & channel, are controlled on screen.

While you can control thos on the screen, those are 2 functions that can also be controlled from the armrest.
We Love To Fly And It Shows.

1337Delta764

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:19 am

Quoting DL4EVR (Reply 39):
While you can control thos on the screen, those are 2 functions that can also be controlled from the armrest.

What I meant to ask was why is there a remote in the picture?

rwsea

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:30 am

Quoting ASTROJET707 (Reply 36):
Does Delta fill the seats because its a great product...NOT
Does Delta fill seats because of FF mileage whores...YES
Mileage loyalty and Product loyalty are two different animals.
Do many people fly it beacuse it it cheaper than most European carriers...YES
Many US companies willing to pay $2500-$3500 for DLBE...YES
Bang for the Buck...DLBE SUCKS!
Seat comfort and catering are poor compared to most other carriers crossing the pond.

Once again, given all DL's recent attention to cabin upgrades, they would go to 2-1-2 if either a) they thought it could increase revenues, or b) they aren't doing well with the current offering. Since the configuration remains the same, we can assume it is working for them for the time being. How many times do I have to repeat this?

Pity the SOB stuck in DLBE to JNB!

Hmm, well I see your point about how the JNB service will have 2-2-2 seating. Unfortunately it's on a 777 so your argument doesn't carry any weight. DL's 777 BizE service has more room than CO, UA, or AA in Business Class.

airzim

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:35 am

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 37):
Honestly, what the hell is wrong with this guy and Delta? He needs to stop being such a little bi***y pessimist and support DL for improving their product even if it looks like crap (which it doesn't). If Delta wouldn't have done this, he would be posting all his crap all over Delta threads saying BizE is outdated and needs an update. Well here it is, a temporary update.

...and the whining continues. I'm beginning to sense an inferiority complex, since every time someone challenges DL, the lemmings bring up CO and those dastardly 757's and the 2 bankruptcies from over 10 years ago.

I have nothing against Delta as a company, its against the pathetic post of undying love for the widget. Don't dare criticize their business plan, you may hurt Delta's feelings.

It's like the Conservative commentators saying that criticizing the war hurts morale of the troops and supports the terrorist. Anyone with a third grade education knows that crap. Didn't know saying that the Delta's European expansion is dumb, Song was a forecastable failure, and the BZelite upgrade is window dressing was somehow inappropriate.

Time to grow up.

MalpensaSFO

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:04 am

Quoting Airzim (Reply 42):
I have nothing against Delta as a company, its against the pathetic post of undying love for the widget.

Air Zim, be careful they may get you banned....  wink 
TO FLY IS TO SERVE

DL787932ER

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:17 am

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 37):

checkmark  Welcome to my RU list.

It's amazing seeing how many people here just hate anything regarding DL. You don't seem to see it on AA or UA threads, even though they're bigger airlines by RPMs. A relatively minor interim freshening of a J+ product to spruce things up during a big international expansion should merit maybe 5 or 10 posts saying "looks nice" or "good job" or even "they should have left it like it was before".

Instead, we get people  hissyfit  about 2-2-2 in a 763ER, even though that part is the same as it's been for years and certainly isn't "narrow" for anyone under 300lbs (BTW, ever seen how many J seats BA fits across in a 777?). We get complaints that they should have updated Y instead, which is 1) irrelevant and 2) also being done. Posts whining that the movies are a) too new, b) too old, or c) too gay??? confused  And of course, the inevitable comparison to CO, which as everyone already knows, uses 2-1-2 (with less pitch and less recline) in their 767s. Of course, when anyone responds to those posts, the haters complain that it's unfair to bring up CO.  crazy 

banghead  banghead  banghead 

Well, I guess DL will just continue to struggle on somehow being the #1 airline in the world across the Atlantic, despite being ranked teh w0rzt a1rL1n3 EV4R by the 16-year-old a.net poster demographic.  eyebrow 
F L Y D E L T A J E T S

airzim

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:48 am

Quoting MalpensaSFO (Reply 43):
I have nothing against Delta as a company, its against the pathetic post of undying love for the widget.

Air Zim, be careful they may get you banned....

Don't encourage me!

DL787932ER

...and the ranting continues. See here's the funny thing; have you been able to take a look at yourselves? Acknowledgment is the first step in addiction.

Did it occur to you that the reason there aren't similar criticism threads on AA and UA (which during bankruptcy UA had plenty) is those carriers don't have a bunch of "want-to-be's" posting about their closeted infatuation with a widget?

I mean how many people for other carriers try to organize a meeting at Henri Bendel to see the "Delta in the Summer" or whatever it was called love fest last night.

Good Lord.

Vasu

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:57 pm

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 31):
Oh Vasu... Surely you realize they're updating that too, don't you?

Oh B777-700... I didn't actually... but I do now!  Silly

SAA346

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:37 pm

Smile

Heaven forbid - saw DL's advert on SatTV last night and it looked kinda retro (like BA Club in the 80's!) As for ATL > JNB dead to rights, shame SAA don't do that directly anymore - their Biz offering was (still is) excellent for very long hauls

atlflyer

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:53 pm

Broke Back Mountain? Does Delta even know what this movie is about given their past reputation? Why not show Queer as Folk too?

Brokeback mountain is a great movie...and yes why not show Queer as Folk? If you do not like it, then you do not have to watch it...the great thing about entertainment on demand.

Delta is a huge supporter of the Gay & Lesbian community here in Atlanta--continuing to support most GLBT organizations financially even through bankruptcy, including Atlanta Pride.

panamair

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:04 pm

Even AF's older version J has DLBE beat

So you prefer a J seat with 48 inch pitch and a 135-140 degree recline over one with 60 inch pitch and a 160 degree recline? Not to mention the opportunity to be stuck in a middle seat?