imatams

Air Canada Project XM, Why The Delay?

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:57 pm

According to AC's Horizons website the first 320 to get the interior makeover was supposed to have been completed on may 9th, about 2 weeks after it went in. however AFAIK it still hasn't left the hangar. Does anyone have any idea what caused such a huge delay, and will it affect the whole program, if it takes so much longer to do, or is it just startup problems?

IM

krisyyz

RE: Air Canada Project XM, Why The Delay?

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:35 pm

Apparently some of the new seats which were stored outside the hanger got wet in the rain . I guess AC is waiting for the new seats from the supplier. Also the first B767 for the international interior upgrades should be ready soon.

KrisYYZ

imatams

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:18 pm

Quoting KrisYYZ (Reply 1):
I guess AC is waiting for the new seats from the supplier

Wow, 5 weeks delay because of wet seats... sounds like a bit of poor planning to me..

IM

flyyul

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:32 pm

"Apparently some of the new seats which were stored outside the hanger got wet in the rain "

-Please dont speculate. With any new project, there are many small unforeseen issues at first.

UTA_flyinghigh

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:35 pm

Did those fools think it never rains in Montreal?

UTA  checkeredflag 
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

accargo

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:00 pm

Quoting KrisYYZ (Reply 1):
Apparently some of the new seats which were stored outside the hanger got wet in the rain . I guess AC is waiting for the new seats from the supplier. Also the first B767 for the international interior upgrades should be ready soon.

Care to share where you got this information from?

The delays are related to the IFE system and ensuring that the installation and procedures match 100% with the schematics provided by Thales and Inflight Canada. Apparantly Inflight Canada (which handles IFE systems for AC) was not ready and failed to notify AC until the job had been started. This info came from a AME working on the acft. Interiors are now being installed, wiring is checked and okay to go.

The first 767-300 will not be ready soon, unless soon means next month.