GoBlue
Topic Author

Air Canada And The Embraers

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:54 pm

Living withing 1 mile of YYZ, i am constantly seeing the new E190 and E175 coming and going from pearson. I know that Air Canada is opening new routes and expanding frequencies with these new jets, which is so nice for Canada. As I understand from a Pilot at AC, these jets are working quite niceley, now that the teething period is over. Would AC be looking to get more E175's to expand into some smaller american markets, they currently have 15, and are working on their deliveries of 45 E190's.

Your thoughts?

Jason

longhauler

RE: Air Canada And The Embraers

Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:38 pm

If any more Embraers are ordered, they would likely be E190s, as they have better range. There are about 30 more 190s left to arrive though, so let's see where they end up flying first.

The E175s are well suited to the off peak, YYZ/YUL-LGA, YYZ/YUL-EWR, YYZ/YUL-ORD, as well as YYZ-DFW/IAH. With all the new domestic and trans-border transcons planned and currently operating, the E190 is working well.

btw, the passengers are raving about the plane. I get the feeling this is definitely NOT a CRJ!
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

GoBlue
Topic Author

RE: Air Canada And The Embraers

Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:16 am

The plane is amazing, feels like a big jet, but offers the airlines the economics of a regional plane. I was stating that the E175 is a great plane for those routes, YYZ-LGA, YYZ-DFW, YYZ-IAH. These are well served routes, and with there being lots of connections at DFW and IAH, AC is not going to be putting A320-B767 on this route, as CO and AA have them well served too and from Canadian destinations.

Is it just me, or is Air Canada starting to step on some toes in the US, with routes like YYZ-SFO, and YVR-SAN coming online, even though united operates one, and YVR is well served as well. US and United are star members, but air canada seems to want to operate some of the same routes.

Your thougths?

Jason

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos