Leskova
Topic Author

LH Cargo To Market And Air Madrid's Cargo Space

Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:20 am

Read about it a couple of days ago, now I found a release about it on LH Cargo's website:

http://www.lufthansa-cargo.de/GB/con...sp?path=0,19130,45048,45049,80364#

LH Cargo is taking over the marketing fo NM's cargo capacity, thus enlarging it's own network into South America; LH Cargo will be opening 5 new stations as a result of this cooperation.

Somehow this cooperation did surprise me when I first read about it - after reading horror stories about NM's on-time-performance here, I hadn't necessarily seen them as a potential partner for LHC...
Smile - it confuses people!

ORDagent

RE: LH Cargo To Market And Air Madrid's Cargo Space

Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:26 am

I think it will be a net plus for LH in the long haul. NM is getting slowly better and they are a way to keep IB and Oneworld in check. Hoepfully some of that LH punctuality will rub off on NM

LTU932

RE: LH Cargo To Market And Air Madrid's Cargo Space

Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:31 am

Quoting ORDagent (Reply 1):
NM is getting slowly better

Very very slowly at best. They still face a major fleet-route network problem with their widebodies, which means if one of the aircraft goes AOG, it will take a very long time for them to get back on schedule.

Quoting ORDagent (Reply 1):
Hoepfully some of that LH punctuality will rub off on NM

So do I. I'm sure LH Cargo has made that one of their conditions for this agreement with NM.

Quoting Leskova (Thread starter):
Somehow this cooperation did surprise me when I first read about it - after reading horror stories about NM's on-time-performance here, I hadn't necessarily seen them as a potential partner for LHC...

I'm sure it comes to everyone here in Latin America who observe NM as closely as possible (myself included) as a surprise. In the case of LHC at SJO, I would have thought LHC would send their cargo through DE's twice weekly PAX flights on 767s. However I wonder when this new cooperation will start actually. Plus I hope that LH will make sure that NM complies with the terms set for this, especially any part related to dispatch reliability of aircraft and ontime performance.