boeingbus

Dreamliner Is McNerney's First Big Test

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:37 am

I just finished reading a very interesting article on Boeing's CEO McNermy...

There are many tid-bits that I personally found interesting... At the end of the article sums it quite nicely on what leadership should reall be about...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...929570.story?coll=chi-business-hed

The Dreamliner is McNerney's first big test of his management prowess.

"On-time 787 delivery will be one of the most obvious early metrics of McNerney's ability to execute," Morgan Stanley analyst Heidi Wood said in a note to investors last week. "Missing the 787 schedule would be a major and potentially costly and highly public blow."

For McNerney, building the plane on time and on budget comes down to leadership and accountability.

"When you get to the root cause of most failed programs, it's the leadership issue that's at the center of it," he said. "That's why I'm so focused on it here."

There's no room for cockiness even at a time of prosperity.

"The single biggest danger I see," McNerney said, "is that your success becomes the seed of arrogance and then failure."
Airbus or Boeing - it's all good to me!