Topic Author

Where To Find New And Upcoming Routes

Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:21 am

I just moved to Austin, TX and am amazed at how many people are from India and Asia (high-tech, etc) that live here. Though Houston and D/FW are not far away, there does seem to be a growing demand for point-to-point service between Austin and Asia. I am interested in finding a website or place that discusses airline planning and possible new routes. Where can I find this info? And, do you think if the demand was there, this would be a 787 route? THANKS!!
I will no longer stress about upgrades!

RE: Where To Find New And Upcoming Routes

Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:34 pm

No way, the population base needed for such service is more on the order of 100,000 plus, reached in TX by Dallas and Houston metropolitan areas. Air India is apparently considering service to one of their hubs, DFW or IAH. Also, a hub enlarges considerably the catchment area. The presence of many immigrants in no way guarantees service, witness the discontinuance of Royal Jordanian from Detroit which has perhaps the largeset Arab community in the US.

RE: Where To Find New And Upcoming Routes

Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:57 pm

Think about it this way: look at how many Mexicans live in AUS. How many non-stop flights are there to MEX? 0

If AI comes to Texas, I'd bet on IAH.
Set Love Free