willyj

DL's New 772 Service JFK-BOM Question

Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:07 am

I know there is another thread concerning this flight, but it's so long and no one answered the question I posted so I thought I'd start a new thread.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I thought that BOM-NYC was out of the 772's range due to having to go around a mountain range, BOM's heat, etc. I thought that was the reason CO decided upon DEL and not BOM. In general isn't BOM higher yielding than DEL? Will DL take little or no cargo westbound? Aside from aircraft availability, why wouldn't CO have started BOM as well? I thought the route was only feasible using the 772LR. Thanks

jaysit

RE: DL's New 772 Service JFK-BOM Question

Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:31 am

I suspect the route will be payload restricted. DL will focus on high yield J class nonstop traffic while restricting loads in Y which tend to be heavily discounted and low yield in any case.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

CALMSP

RE: DL's New 772 Service JFK-BOM Question

Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:35 am

we havent had any problems flying eastbound..............flying westbound has been the biggest problem.........we have made stops in LGW/ARN/YYT/YQX.......it just get so fricken hot.......and the need for so much fuel is limiting the payload..........non-revs out of DEL..........ha yeah right!!