sampa737

Delta Ads In Brasil

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:20 am

As a DL frequent flyer, only flying another airline when I have to, I have to say how disappointed in their latest ad here in Brasil. Commercial opens. It's obviously a full overnight flight. One person gets up and goes to the restroom, a male I think. Then follows a female. You get what they are setting up. Then, another and another making it look like a group mile high time. Finally a flight attendant goes in. In the restroom is a large group of people having a business conference. The leader asks the FA for coffee for everyone.

Dunno, I just feel that DL has crossed the line, trying to be funny but it dissapointments in the airline.

teixeim

RE: Delta Ads In Brasil

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:37 am

Sampa - sure would be cool if you could record and post a clip for us! I'd like to see it. I see that Delta is trying to appeal to Brazilian business people - I don't think they've tried to reach Brazilian tourists much.

Any idea what the economy fare to JFK or ATL is costing now on DL? In Brazil, is it cheaper to buy a ticket on DL directly or with a travel agency. I don't think DL sells tickets online in Brazil on its own sites just yet, correct?

Tchau -
MitchellT

sampa737

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:45 am

You can't buy online from Brasil via delta.com, but I've gotten cheaper via phone. I even think travelocity shows some of the cheapest, although lately AA comes up cheaper.

Just my opinion, knowing sex sells, but I just always believed DL was above this. I don't have a way to record the commercial.

fewsolarge

Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:23 pm

In Jim Whitehurst's words, they're trying to be "edgy." I'm not easily offended, so I kind of like it, but it's certainly a calculated risk.

Here's an idea (mine) for a Delta print ad for Brazil service, to run in the U.S.:

"Delta to Brazil - wax on, wax off."

It reflects the edginess, and the waxing and subsequent waning of the ATL-GRU flights.

ArtieFufkin

Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:46 pm

I'd say with a handle like "Fewsolarge" you might want to give Rio a whirl...LOL

db373

Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:59 pm

Quoting Sampa737 (Thread starter):
Dunno, I just feel that DL has crossed the line, trying to be funny but it dissapointments in the airline.

It bothers me when people get offended with something that is so obviously meant to be a joke. And people ask what's wrong with our society today....
 Embarrassment
Keep Delta My Delta

DL WIDGET HEAD

Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:09 pm

Quoting Db373 (Reply 5):
Quoting Sampa737 (Thread starter):

It bothers me when people get offended with something that is so obviously meant to be a joke.

Especially from a society as easy-going and open-minded as brazil. It's maybe a little "edgy" but certainly not indecent IMO.

[Edited 2006-06-20 06:10:35]

fewsolarge

Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:43 pm

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 4):
I'd say with a handle like "Fewsolarge" you might want to give Rio a whirl...LOL

Great idea ... I'm there!