TriStar500
Topic Author

Some Questions RE: Air France COI-Flights

Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:40 pm

Hello everyone!

Since my girlfriend and I will be flying Air France to Havanna next spring (DUS-CDG-HAV-CDG-DUS) on a B747-400, I would be thrilled to get to know some more about Air France's "COI" (Carribean and Indian Ocean) routes, e.g.

- Which aircraft (types, registrations) are currently employed on these routes?
- What is their seat configuration?
- Which destinations fall under the COI network?
- In what way is the cabin and ground service different from the regular AF longhaul product for the various service classes?

Thanks fpr any answers or additional information, which might be of value beyond my original questions.  Smile
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

FlySSC

RE: Some Questions RE: Air France COI-Flights

Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:12 pm

Quoting TriStar500 (Thread starter):
Which destinations fall under the COI network?

PTP, FDF, SXM, SDQ, HAV, PUJ, CAY, RUN, MRU, TNR.

Which aircraft (types, registrations) are currently employed on these routes?

B743 for PTP & FDF. They will be retired and replaced by brand new B773ER before the end of this summer 2006.
B773ER - Two are already in service (F-GSQN, QO) to PTP and FDF.(config : 14C / 36S / 422M)
A343 for SXM, TNR ( CAY in winter)
B744 for all the rest.
B744 config : 17c / 57S "Alizée Class" / 400 M "Tempo vacances".The B744 in this configuration are : F-GITA, TB, TC, TD, TF.

Except on CDG-MRU, where the B744 used has config. with 40C / 57S / 336M

In what way is the cabin and ground service different from the regular AF longhaul product for the various service classes?

The inflight service is quite different, especially in M.
"S" is "Alizée Class", a sort of Premium Economy, more or less equivalent to the regular long-haul AF Economy Class

"C" is Business clas, quite similar to the regular "J" Class with only minor differences.
"M" is "Tempo Vacances" :
No Menu.
No Free Champagne. No Alcoholic drinks.
No seperate "aperitif" before the main meal. A small bottle of "Tropical "Punch" is on the main tray, as well as a bottle of wine.
No choice for the hot main course.

F-GITA or F-GITF are the ones used most of the time on CDG-HAV-CDG

TriStar500
Topic Author

RE: Some Questions RE: Air France COI-Flights

Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:32 am

Thanks for your answer, FlySSC! I knew I could count on you in this question.  Smile
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!