lincoln

Any Way To Tell Which CO 757-300 Config?

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:53 pm

Hi All,

I'll be flying CLE-LAX to visit my parents in a couple weeks*. The CLE-LAX on 7JUL segment is a 738 (yawn). But the LAX-CLE redeye (CO 634 on 9JUL06) is on a 753 -- first time on this type.

Looking at Seat Guru, the coach config for both the 12F and 24F version on CO appear to be the same -- is there any way to tell what config I'll be on?(Or, more directly, what the odds of clearing the upgrade list as a Silver is?)

Thanks,

Lincoln

*- More precisely, to save my dad's home theater project from going all "Tim Taylor"
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

Mitchell Gant

RE: Any Way To Tell Which CO 757-300 Config?

Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:25 am

Seat Guru is now out of date. All B753's are in the 24/192 seating configuration. Thus, your upgrade chances will be better than they used to be. Enjoy!

lincoln

Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:13 am

Quoting Mitchell Gant (Reply 1):
Seat Guru is now out of date. All B753's are in the 24/192 seating configuration. Thus, your upgrade chances will be better than they used to be. Enjoy!

Great news, thank you!

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

optionscle

Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:10 am

I've nonreved on the Sunday night 634 and was able to get first. My boarding priority was faaaaar below you Elites, though, so if my experience was any indication, you should have no problem getting bumped up! Good luck.

dutchjet

Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:03 am

Yep, all of the CO 753s are flying with 24 F class seats....the completion of this project is a few months late (due to the fact that the intergration of the ex-ATA 753s was slightly more time consuming than expected) but it is finally done. All of the Elite OnePass members can relax, there are now 24 F seats which will make upgrades easier......many OnePass Elite members were avoiding the 753s with 12 F seats since upgrades were hard to come by.

An upgrade for a Silver Elite on a Sunday night redeye - there is a decent chance that it will clear, check some of the online sites that show fare buckets and see how many seats are left in F class....(F/A/D/Z)....use the F code, if it shows 9, there are 9 or more seats remaining upfront, less than 9 will give you the exact number of seats left to sell.....use the F bucket, the others are subsets of the F bucket.

As a Silver, the CO system upgrades you only 24 hours before flight time, if 24 hour before there are not adequate seats to upgrade all of the Silvers and leave a few seats over for last minute sales, the automatic upgrade will not happen......then you will deal with it at the gate.

The big quetion is how many plantinum and gold Elites there are on this flight......start watching the inventory of F class seats decrease about 5 days before the date of the flight.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos