GoBlue
Topic Author

Top NY Destination From YYZ

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:59 pm

I noticed that Air Canada flies into LGA and EWR, and code shares on service to JFK, Why on earth would they do this, and not consolidate all there flights to one NY area airport. I understand JFK offers some connections to Africa and Europe that are not available via YYZ. But could they not just operate a "Shuttle" Type of service to one of the other two airports?

cheers!

san747

RE: Top NY Destination From YYZ

Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:44 pm

AC does fly to JFK, but only from YVR and YYC. Their other services, especially to LGA, I think take up the slack.

Increasing service to JFK for connection oppurtunities would be advantageous if there was a Star Alliance carrier that had a hub presence at the airport... I don't believe there is one AFAIK.
Scotty doesn't know...

airbusfanyyz

RE: Top NY Destination From YYZ

Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:57 am

Quoting GoBlue (Thread starter):
I noticed that Air Canada flies into LGA and EWR, and code shares on service to JFK, Why on earth would they do this, and not consolidate all there flights to one NY area airport

AC flies their own metal into LGA, EWR, JFK, and HPN.
They do this for the same reason KL, LH, AI, SQ etc etc. fly to both EWR and JFK that being NYC is a huge city with an even larger catchment area. There is more than enough demand to warrant service.
This gives the customer the opportuntiy to choose which airport is best suited for them.

Cheers,
Kaz