kuhne

Is Aeromexico A Safe Airline? (MD-87)

Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:27 pm

I will be flying from Monterrey Mexico to Mexico City soon, on an aeromexico MD-87.

To all of you this may sound stupid... but I am actualy very nervous, I am a nervous flyer, I know it doesn't make sense, why am I here in this website if I am a nervous flyer.. well my family is into this kind of business and I do like aircrafts, I love the pictures and the conversations but when it comes to me flying... I really get nervous, so to be blantly honest with you guys.. I am afraid.

All these toughts come to mind.. the MD-87 is an old aircraft... Aeromexico being a Mexican airline, what if they don't comply with maintenance the way they should, etc..

It is only a 1 hour 30 minute flight, after that I fly from Mexico City to London on a 747 from British Airways, long 10 hour flight but for some reason I am not that worried about that one.. probably because I haven't goten on the MD-87 yet.. maybe after I arrive at the Mexico City airport (GOD willing) I will start worrying about that.

I have searched for info on the md-87 and looked at pics, etc... even checked airfleets.net and it says aeromexico's md-87's fleet is 17 years old average... but in the end I guess I had to come here and ask you guys to cheer me up or help me out or just flat out say something that makes me stop thinking that I am going to die. It's ok if you are laughing, I honestly am very very nervous.

san747

RE: Is Aeromexico A Safe Airline? (MD-87)

Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:32 pm

They're fine... AM uses the MD-87 on flights to the US, and I'm fairly sure that they have to maintain certain standards of safety on those flights. I believe that's the reason the grounded Aerocalifornia... But I think you have nothing to worry about.
Scotty doesn't know...

moose1226

Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:35 pm

If it helps any:

The MD-87 has been flying for almost 20 years. In that time, there has only been one accident, and that was due to an error by the pilot of a different aircraft. The MD-87 itself has never been the cause of a crash. I hope this helped.

Alitalia744

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:06 pm

I wouldn't worry at all.

Understand your fears about travellling on some of the Mexican airlines, but you don't have to worry with AeroMexico.

I've travelled with them quite a few times (on MD-87/88 aircraft) and find them to be in good condition, well maintained and operated by professional crews.

In reality, I personallly find AM to be one of my Top 5 airlines flown from a service/experience perspective and apart from Mexico City and some of their boarding procedures (or lack off), would recommend them to ANYONE!
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

juventus

Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:05 am

Mexican airlines have very good safety records, don't worry about it. Open the window shade, look outside and enjoy the ride.

airxliban

Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:28 am

Don't worry dude.

1. Aeromexico is an excellent airline - they take care of their aircraft. When have you ever heard of them having dodgy maintenance?

2. McDonnell Douglas aircraft are built to last. Aerocalifornia DC-9s up until recently were still in the air, even with speculation about their shoddy maintenance, so no reason to think anything less of newer aircraft from a much better airline.

Enjoy your trip. The MD-87 is a fairly rare bird out there, and its always a pleasure to fly British Airways.

If you've got a camera, get it out and take some photos. Jot down the details of your trip so that you can write us a trip report afterwards - it'll take your mind of thoughts of imminent death.
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

aeroc

Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:41 am

I flew on AM from CUN-ATL about 1 year ago. I must say that the service I got on AM was far better than any USA carrier. We even got a meal in coach. AM is fine and enjoy the MD-87, its a great aircraft!

zrb2

Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:01 am

Not too sure about Aeromexico?... but my company does maintenance in the USA for some of Mexicana's fleet. If the two companies do business in a similar fashion than their maintenance is very comparable to U.S. airlines.

sccutler

Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:03 am

AeroMexico is a first-rate carrier, employing world-class professional practices. You should fly them (as I do) with complete confidence, and you'll likely enjoy (as I have) excellent service.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

N670UW

Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:23 am

Doesn't Delta do a lot of Aeromexico's heavy maintenance?

archie

Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:36 am

Hi,

I`d take AM any day!

They`re very safe!!! Mexican is not synonym of bad quality man!!!!

Regards,
Arturo.

Mexitli

Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:24 am

Kuhne,

I'll just add my words of agreement with everyone else here. Aeromexico is excellent, provides good service, and has a good safety record. I've flown the MD-87 (MTY-JFK, a few years back) and was impressed with the services. As the others say, enjoy the view.

No te apures.

Gerardo

BA787

Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:32 am

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 3):

And they wouldn't be a member of an alliance if they didn't meet up to stringednt standards set by IATA and the alliance itself. Is it skyteam or star they are a member of. Put it this way i'd rather fly on an old MD-87 of Aeromexico than a 737-800 of FR

Tom

I get nervous as well, especially on an unfamiliar airline or airplane

:D

frequentflyer

Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:34 am

Quoting Mexitli (Reply 11):
. Aeromexico is excellent, provides good service, and has a good safety record

Totally agree. Service is good, friendlier than with most US carriers except B6, Crew dress is always impeccable.
Take off and live

fly727

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:27 am

Do not feel yours was a stupid question. Stupid is the one who is eager to know but is too afraid of asking...

You will be amazed of the number of people uncomfortable about flying. Despite the apparent awakening of Mexican Aviation, affording more and more people air transportation, the topic is still somewhat obscure to the eyes of the general public. Add to that that we, those who work in the industry, sometimes get so self-involved in our duties that tend to forget that the folks filling the airplanes are probably not having the best time of their life and thus we fail to reassure you with confidence.

On the other hand I'm not implying that you do not travel by air that often, but it did happen that -even junior pilots that I trained or flew with- overcame their fears after a little knowledge, understanding and flight time. Shouldn't be different with you. You already took the biggest step and asked questions. Congrats to that!

I look great to your approach to this forum. Perhaps one of the most useful on-line aids. Welcome onboard and enjoy the ride!

RM  Smile
There are no stupid questions... just stupid people!

RAFVC10

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:32 am

Kuhne,

think that M87 aircraft is one of the battlehorses of Iberia fleet and is used in routes as ORY, FCO, VCE, FRA,...

Don't be afraid. I flew two years ago in one AM M87 in route to CUN from MEX, and is a great aircraft.

You will have a nice flight.

Regards,

Gerard
El dia que los gilipollas vuelen, no podremos ver la luz del sol!

RICARIZA

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:39 am

I recommend AM with eyes closed. It is safe, very professional, well maintained, financially robust and excellent service both in flight and on the ground. BTW, they also have one of my favorites liveries..  Wink

I miss ACES, I am proud of AVIANCA & I am loyal to AMERICAN

MD80Nut

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:57 am

As others have said, don't worry. I've flown AeroMexico many times and have full confidence in them. The MD87 has a fine record safetywise as well.

Heck, I'm envious, i've flown on all variants of the MD80 family except the MD87. Big grin

Cheers, Ralph
Fly Douglas Jets DC-8 / DC-9 / DC-10 / MD80 / MD11 / MD90 / 717

oakjam

Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:38 am

I have flown in MD87 in Mexico from PHX-HMO-GDL and had one of the smoothest flights I have ever ridden. Before getting to PHX I flew on America West from OAK and on an A320 and had more turbulence than ever. But AM is very safe, I tend to find that when I fly to Mexico the pilots are the best trained cause I have a very smooth flights. However when I fly on US airline flights I've had rough landings or too much shaking. When I fly in Mexico I always choose Mexicana or Aeromexico because no one can compare to their service in the US. They provide better service than US carriers and even provide you with a meal. By the way I have also flown a MD87 from BCN to MAD on IB and this is a great aircraft to fly.

TACAA320

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:09 am

Quoting Kuhne (Thread starter):
but I am actualy[sic] very nervous,

You are in safe hands with AM.

Don't waste time getting nervous. It's perfectly safe.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

TACAA320

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:46 am

Aeromexico being a Mexican airline, what if they don't comply with maintenance the way they should, etc..

Do you REALLY believe what you said ?
Because I can't believe what I read. Specially coming from a Mexican [Pls. re-read my previous post].
BTW, when was the last time you saw an AM's MD-87 falling from the sky ?
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

TACAA320

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:54 am

BTW welcome to a.net.

OV735

Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:03 am

Aeromexico being a Mexican airline, what if they don't comply with maintenance the way they should, etc..

Airplanes are not cars. They're not maintained in the "I'll fix it when it breaks" way. Each part, component and fragment has its own allowed (and tested) lifespan, after which it has to be replaced or overhauled, as required by the book. If that's not done, the aircraft won't fly. Perhaps in some shady country in Africa, but certainly not in Mexico.

Having an accident, not to mention a fatal one, means so much trouble for an airline, it's management and employees, that they do everything to never encounter one.

even checked airfleets.net and it says aeromexico's md-87's fleet is 17 years old average...

Again, airplanes are not cars. 17 years might be old for a car, but a 17-year-old airplane is definelty old. Mind you, if you step in that aircraft, the only thing that's 17 years old is the airframe itself. All other parts (engines, flight instruments, etc, etc) have been maintained and replaced on a regular basis to make sure the thing is safe.

In other words, you've got nothing to worry about. Enjoy your flight.

Cheers,
OV735

ABQopsHP

Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:13 am

First of all. Lucky you, to get to fly on an MD87. There are not many of those around that I know of. As for flying AM? Not to worry, they are a very good airline, and even enjoyed flying them when they had their old DC9s.
A line is evidence that other people exist.

spartanmjf

Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:31 am

I have flown the MD87 with AM and had a great experience - the crews are wonderful and the aircraft itself is like a rocket - the entire MD8X/717/D9 family for me is fun to fly, but the MD87 and the MD90 in particular are just great on takeoff for me.
"Nuts to the man in 21D!"

kuhne

Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:14 am

WOW, I can't believe I got so many replies! you guys are incredible and really reasuring.

Just to make a point, in no way or form am I trying to make Mexico look bad! I am Mexican! Please understand it's just that when flying all sorts of creepy litthe toughts come into my mind! if it was another country (USA) I'm sure my brain would manage to come up with specific little worries for that specific airline as well...Didn't mean to offend anyone!

Thank's a lot for the info and the positive comments, I feel better, really, I am flying tomorrow! I don't fly that often (because of my fears) but I would love to come here often and share with you as well as to learn!

The idea one of you gave me of taking pictures of the trip is awesome! my cammera isn't exactly great tho, it's just a 2 megapixel cammera so the quality of my pics will most likely suck but I wil take pictures as much as I can.

The last time I was nervous about flying was when I took a continental flight from Monterrey to Houston, it was an Embraer plane and as I said before, my brain managed to start geting worried, even if it is continental, because it was a small plane etc...

I was worried and I came to this site looking for info on the embraer planes and read some threads about the plane and felt more reasured, needless to say I loved the embraer! The flight from Mty to Houston was REALLY bumpy cos there were storms all over the place and I really got nervous on the plane but there was a guy beside me and I managed to start a conversation with him and that took my mind off the bumping little aircraft but once I got off the plane I just couldn't help but love the nifty cool little aircraft.

I hope I feel the same way when I get off the MD-87!!

THANKS A LOT guys, each and every one of you have been an incredible help, believe me!

BTW.. any tips on what to do on a 747-400 flight that lasts 10 hours?! I've been on long flights before, on a Continental 777, needless to say, the 777 is awesome, I love it but I get so nervous on flights that I am unable to sleep... I flew from Houston to Tokyo, that was like a 14 hour flight, if you include all the time I was in the aircraft (grounded as well) I was well over 15 hours inside the plane.. so I know for a fact I won't be able to sleep either in this one.

I've never been on a 747 on a long flight, the only time I have been in one was when I was in Japan (same trip I mentioned before) I was going from Sapporo to Tokyo on a 777 but I arrived late to the airport so I had to take the next flight instead, which lucky me, was a 747! and I had allways wanted to be in a Jumbo plane, so I got into the Japan Airlines plane really happy but I couldn't really tell that much from the flight because it was a short one. Now I am going to be on a 747 (I think 747-400, I am not sure) from Mexico City to London, anything in particular I should look towards flying this plane?

one thing I noticed on the 777 when I flew to Tokyo was the incredible power the engines have.... since it only has 2

kuhne

Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:22 am

btw, Spartanmjf, you said you particulary like the MD-87 during takeoff, why is htis?

EddieDude

Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:33 am

Quoting Kuhne (Reply 25):
any tips on what to do on a 747-400 flight that lasts 10 hours?!

WT+!!! I can't wait to see for myself in September but, according to trip reports and numerous posts here, that's the way to go if you want to enjoy better legroom and comfort without having to spend a small fortune in business class travel.
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

kuhne

Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:39 pm

That is great to know!

it's pretty cool that there is a direct flight form Mexico to London

ghost77

Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:39 pm

I would be worried to fly with Capt. Corso if in the crew and in comand... that same guy skid off 02 DC9-32s in less than a 36 months period... and its now back on track flying MD80s... he's brother at 5D has also a black record with several Saab 340s. Be careful with them!

ghooost77 APM
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

kuhne

Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Ok thats not helping.. can that cap be the one flying the md 87?

AR385

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:38 pm

Yes, you should really be afraid. It's a third world country airline. If the pilots are not drunk, probably the maintenance is pretty shoddy. I would reccomend you got to Mexico City by bicycle or on a burro as there are no good quality roads either for a car. Jeeezz!

AR385

Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:50 pm

But, if after all you decide to fly, careful with the flight attendants. They only speak Nahuatl or Otomi, some carry babies in their back and may attempt to sell you bubble gum.

britmex

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:03 am

Kuhne:

I work there. Maybe I`ll be serving drinks on that flight. Don`t worry about that and don`t pay attention to the last posts, they are simply having fun. BTW the MD-87 is not my favourite acft to work in (quite cramped in the rear galley) but it is OK. The 737-700 is my choice in spite of the narrow corridor.

I have about 7,500 hours of flight time in Aeromexico and I have never had an incident regarding aircraft or pilot issues.

cheers, and enjoy the flight

Albrecht

ps. just wishing to be in London again....
Aeromexico, la linea aerea que va para arriba

SFOMEX

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:22 am

any tips on what to do on a 747-400 flight that lasts 10 hours?!

747 (I think 747-400, I am not sure) from Mexico City to London

AFAIK, BA 747s have PTVs that would help you to have a great flight. Of the many times I have flown long haul, I've experienced PTV only twice, in VS and AM (777), and they were very helpful to have a cool time.

On the other hand, when flying AC and AM 767's (for instance) the flights were less enjoyable and, to be honest, the last hours I anxiously wanted to land ASAP.

Enjoy your flight with BA! I've flown them from LHR to CDG and it was a nice flight.
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

adriaticus

Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:56 am

Fly727 and Britmex... Your posts show high order professionalism and how you care for your passengers. Congratulations for that. You both are good examples of Mexican professionals in the air, and are thus going to my RUL list.

Kuhne, welcome to a.net.

Eddie, unfortunately I fell for the same idea (re: legroom on the B744) a while ago, and I thus chose JL's Economy B744 "SkyCruiser" service between Tokyo and Brisbane... Seat pitch was probably 29 inches and the flight was full...  crowded  For some US$100 more, I should have chosen QA!!!!

Regards to all. Greetings from Washington. BTW, I had the most wonderful landing in DCA yesterday; we overflew the Ellipse, Washington monument, with the White House, the Capitol building, and Jefferson Memorial very close... I thought landings approaching from the DC side overflying the Potomac had been forbidden since 9/11... Apparently not!

__Ad.
A300/18/19/20/21 B721/2 B732/3/G/8 B741/2/4 B752 B762/3/4 B772/3 DC8/9/10 MD11 TU134/154 IL62/86 An24 SA340/2000 E45/90

B777Fanatic1

Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:43 am

I'd be more worried to fly in AA than AM, something about that great service just injects confidence. AM, great airline.

EddieDude

Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:46 am

Quoting Adriaticus (Reply 35):
Eddie, unfortunately I fell for the same idea (re: legroom on the B744) a while ago, and I thus chose JL's Economy B744 "SkyCruiser" service between Tokyo and Brisbane... Seat pitch was probably 29 inches and the flight was full... For some US$100 more, I should have chosen QA!!!!

Well, according to seatguru.com, WT+ has 38 inches of seat pitch, so if our friend Kuhne can still get a WT+ seat, he will enjoy unparalleled comfort this side of business class for just a few pounds sterling more. I can't wait for my September WT+ experience!

Speaking of Japan-Australia flights, it is unbelievable how expensive they are. QF's quoted economy fare for NGO-SYD-NGO in March, 2007 is a rip-off (even NGO-CNS-NGO is very, very steep). It seems you need to buy the ticket about three months in advance because that is when lower fares are offered. When you come back from your vacation we should talk about your SkyCruiser experience.
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

TheRedBaron

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:12 pm

Welcome to A net!

My recomendations for a 8 plus hour flight are as follows:

I dont get nervous on planes but I seldom Sleep, so when I land and disembark I am a total zombie!
I learned that dramamine (the seasickness stuff remedy) makes me sleepy and helps me dozze off, Check if that kind of remedy makes you hyper or gets you sleepy.
I board and try to have a healthy snack before getting on the plane, 5 minutes before I board the plane I take 2 (TWO)125 mm dramamines, they take 2 hours to get its effect at 100% so in a 10 hour flight youll be fighting sleep for an hour, then sleep for 6 to 7 hours and then awake to have something to eat and then go to sleep again!

JUST DONT DRINK ANY ALCOHOL OR COFEE.

It works like a dream.

I just use this for long flights, 2 or 3 hour flights are way too much entertaining to miss...
The best seat in a Plane is the Jumpseat.

UAL-Fan

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:58 pm

I've flown the exact same route, same airline, same aircraft. It's great! I really like Aeromexico and agree the service is better than just about any American Airline today.

MD 80 series aircraft just feel SOLID to me. If you are up front (in front of exit rows) they are whisper quiet. I don't know why but they just seem to feel very solid when the aircraft encounters any turbulance. I actually prefer this aircraft over most other narrow body types.

Enjoy!

kuhne

Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:40 am

Britmex I don't know if I saw you or not but the MD-87 was a great plane!

To all of you, I am in London right now, the MD-87 was nice, it took off real fast from the ground, why is this? why do some planes have the engines on the back like the MD-87 and some planes on the wings (basicaly every 7x7 except for the 727)

Anyways, the 747 - 400 flight with British was very nice but my seat was horrible I was siting in the middle rows in the middle of people and the guy beside me smelled really bad and he wouldn't shut up  Sad

I even went tot he flight attendant and told him to switch me to business but the plane was 100% full, even first class was full.

The flight itself was uneventfull, very few bumps, just a weird landing, it was a very soft landing but when the engines went in reverse you could feel the plane as if it was skiding side to side, i am not sure if this is common on 747's because of the weigh?

Other than that it was all very good, I allways pray when I'm in the plane on landing and takeoff, that helps me.

Well it's so cool to be in europe, I will be going back to Mex in about 2 weeks so Im sure I'll come here for some reasurance!

Thanks all of you for your help, sorry if anyone was offended and Britmex, if you were in that flight, thanks for the great service, it was the 5pm flight from Monterrey to Mexico City.

cessnalady

Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:31 am

Kuhne, welcome to the forums.

Fear of flying is a lot more frequent than we would assume. I recall an AM station manager in CUN who was so scared of flying himself he sometimes took the 24+ hours bus ride to Mexico City. Go figure!.

My recommendation: follow "Theredbaron's Recipe" (not to be abused, as dramamine contains neurotoxic agents), or simply have a Tequila!! (they are still complimentary on board AM!)

Marie

TurkishWings

Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:13 am

Funny... We share the same thoughts about the MD-80 family aircraft. Last year in June, I planned the perfect 10 day vacation. I was going to fly GVA-MAD-LPA-BCN-GVA. 1 week in Gran Canaria with stopovers in MAD and BCN. The only reason I cancelled this trip was that GVA-MAD was scheduled to be an MD-87. Very stupid I know but that aircraft just makes me nervous  Sad Of course that aircraft flew GVA-MAD safely and had hundreds of safe flights ever since....

I visited Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam instead. Was lots of fun but lots of rain as well  Smile
Coffee - Tea or Me?

AUNC747

Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:18 am

Enjoy your trip kuhne.

Years ago, I had to travel from MEX to MTY, GDL, CJS,TIJ & other citys in Mexico, at least ones a week. I was as afraid as you are. What did I do?? Learn about airplanes.

Pay atention to all the phases of the flight; guess where you are, the speed, the altitude. Count the time it takes on certain airplane to takeoff and comapre it with the next one. Notice the different configuration af the wings during takeoff, approaching and landing.

Sites as A.Net help.

Now I really enjoy flying. I hope soon you will.

P.D. One of my favorite rides is the MD 80´s and (altough now no longer available with AM) the legendary DC-9.

tsaord

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:04 am

I post here and I'm nervous flyer so you are not alone! I returned to the sky last year on an AA MD-80. I was nervous but I sort of relaxed a little. Take a book or magazine. I read the Skymall book on SWA back to Chicago from Vegas and that relaxed me a little.

I purposely bought a USA Today paper because it talked about how flying is safer than ever, while there is still potential for danger, a combination of people and new technology has made flying safe all over the world in developed countries. Now that doest take the fear away, but it should help!

Have fun!
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

KLM685

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:26 am

Aeromexico being a Mexican airline

but for some reason I am not that worried about that one..

Kinda of a racist comment if you ask me. What's that supposed to mean? You really don't trust you're people? Not everything that's Mexican is bad, very superficial comment.

Besides that, AM is a great airline, with great maintenance and you should be happy to fly an MD80, is not an opportunity many people has. So don't worry, you'll be all right.

Cheers!

Alonso
KLM- The Best Airline in the World!

Fly2HMO

Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:19 pm

Quoting AR385 (Reply 32):
But, if after all you decide to fly, careful with the flight attendants. They only speak Nahuatl or Otomi, some carry babies in their back and may attempt to sell you bubble gum.

OMG I can only imagine the F/As walking up and down the aisles:

Chiclets!!! Chiclets de a pesito!!!

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Quoting AR385 (Reply 32):
Yes, you should really be afraid. It's a third world country airline. If the pilots are not drunk, probably the maintenance is pretty shoddy. I would reccomend you got to Mexico City by bicycle or on a burro as there are no good quality roads either for a car. Jeeezz!

LOL Big grin, and you say that now, but imagine if Pejecito does win the elections, then the above will be accurate...  bomb 

Anyways welcome to A.net, have fun in europe, and remember the more you know about planes, the safer you'll feel!

wave 

n801dm

Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I worked for AeroMexico for four years as a contract maintenance supervisor before I started my job as the maintenance manager for the Mavericks Aircraft at PACE. I must tell you AM's maintenance program is top notch and that most of the MD-87's are US registered aircraft. Meaning that they comply to the strictest standards of aircraft maintenance.

I will also agree to the fact that their crews both front end and cabin crew are some of the most professional in the business.

Enjoy yourself and I look forward to reading a great trip report from you!

Fly Safe!

N801DM

AR385

Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:26 pm

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 46):
LOL , and you say that now, but imagine if Pejecito does win the elections, then the above will be accurate...

I don't know about el peje, but really, some people need to go out more. "Aeromexico being a Mexican airline, what if they don't comply with maintenance the way they should etc." So, this means, AeroMexico is Mexican ergo, they may not comply with maintenance the way they should. WTF? Not only is it a racist comment, but a stupid and ignorant at that.

This guy should remember that AS, Valujet, AA, Eastern, AC, AF, and other "first world" airlines have had serious crashes directly related to bad maintenance. The fact that he may be a nervous flyer or not has nothing to do with being moronically ignorant about other countries. Or if you are so clueless, at least you can have the common sense to pose the question in a way you won't piss off some people.

socal

Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:06 am

The MD-87 is the Hot Rod of the DC-9/MD-87 series.  airplane 
I Love HNL.............