ricardofg

Ahhh...life In The Airport...

Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:45 pm

I am a PAX agent in YYZ and after talking with a few friends and coworkers, we asked a question...does the airport seem like a bit of a sleezy place to work?? It was only asked, because of all the affairs that seem to take place in the airline industry. It seems like more so then other workplaces. Has anyone ever noticed this?? We all know its a bit of a sexy job with beautiful people flying in from all corners of the world and what not, but come on people, keep the pants on!

NWOrientDC10

RE: Ahhh...life In The Airport...

Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:20 am

Quoting RicardoFG (Thread starter):
I am a PAX agent in YYZ and after talking with a few friends and coworkers, we asked a question...does the airport seem like a bit of a sleezy place to work?? It was only asked, because of all the affairs that seem to take place in the airline industry. It seems like more so then other workplaces. Has anyone ever noticed this??

I see what you're getting at but there are other places where affairs take place. Affairs can happen at movie theatres, offices, even hospitals.

An airport is not a "sleazy" place in which to work.

Good Day  Smile

Russell
Things aren't always as they seem

QXatFAT

Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:22 am

Quoting RicardoFG (Thread starter):
I am a PAX agent in YYZ and after talking with a few friends and coworkers, we asked a question...does the airport seem like a bit of a sleezy place to work?? It was only asked, because of all the affairs that seem to take place in the airline industry. It seems like more so then other workplaces. Has anyone ever noticed this?? We all know its a bit of a sexy job with beautiful people flying in from all corners of the world and what not, but come on people, keep the pants on!

Or it is a single persons heaven  Wink
Don't Tread On Me!

antoniemey

Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:32 am

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 2):
Or it is a single persons heaven

Yeah, That's more likely it... the Airline industry, especially for the pilots and Flight Attendants, is not the most condusive atmosphere for a stable relationship... it can be done, but it takes more effort than many people today put into their relationships... or, at least into the relationships they SHOULD be putting the effort into.  Smile
Make something Idiot-proof, and the Universe will make a more inept idiot.

CRGsFuture

Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:37 am

Well, the problem is that every relationship is a 50/50 chance, that's without effort though. I really think that any place you work has affairs; but not the pilot/FA type we are so use to seeing. More like a passenger/ worker at the airport type thing. Alot of the pilots I know have been married for years and enjoy the industry but love their families even more.
Flying you to your destination; your girlfriend to her dreams.