acelanzarote

Easyjet To Fly To Lanzarote In 2007?

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:24 am

This is second hand, having not heard the news on the radio here yesterday,
I am told that in the news it was announced Easyjet had signed a deal with the airport here to start services in 2007.
I know nothing else at present, so does anyone have any ideas if there is any truth in this???

Also
There have been rummors for a while about Ryanair, after the sucess Aer Lingus made flying here during the winter season....

cheers
from the Island with sun and great photo's.. Why not visit Lanzarote

KISMAR

RE: Easyjet To Fly To Lanzarote In 2007?

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:55 am

The airport slots have been offered by AENA but they have to be confirmed for the companies before 31th August.This slots are for the winter season(starting Oct06)
rgds

acelanzarote

Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:49 am

Well as the story goes, Easyjet were here Monday to sign a deal.
Since I have not seen/heard the story first hand cannot comment
on how true or otherwise it is I guess...
from the Island with sun and great photo's.. Why not visit Lanzarote

Demoose

Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:54 am

Interesting, would have thought there would be bigger demand for Tenerife flights, although the route is well served already by the likes of Monarch Scheduled and GB Airways and all the charters. Go (now part of Easyjet) used to run a Stansted - Tenerife flight but it was dropped. It's a long sector which doesn't really fit with the traditional low cost model, however EZY now seem to be eye-ing up longer range destinations such as Morocco so it would make sense to consider flights to the Canaries aswell.
Take a ride...fly across the sky

ACEregular

Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:59 am

I know FR have been rumoured to start service to TFN for quite a while. I think easyJet are seeing that other carriers such as FlyGlobespan and Jet2 are stretching the low cost sectors further afield. Previously it was thought Athens to be the furthest the formula would work, and Stelios only chose it so he could commute more easily. The Public are getting used to the LCC formula and are wanting it further afield, I hope easyJet follow the demand as the Canaries are more or less a year round sun market.