QXatFAT
Topic Author

Southwest And GOL Airlines, Similar?

Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:29 am

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering, with quite a bit of talk about GOL in here, are they starting to turn up like a Southwest? Could GOL become a big LLC airline like Southwest is right now and still growing? Has GOL caused price drops in fares by TAM and more compotition in markets served by TAM and by VARIG? What is the future of GOL? Small or big international carrier or just a domestic dominant carrier?

QXatFAT  thumbsup 
Don't Tread On Me!

2travel2know

RE: Southwest And GOL Airlines, Similar?

Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:38 am

There's major similarity I could find out at first between GOL and Southwest:
Fleet commonality, both airlines want to keep the amount of aircraft types at minimun.
One could try to compare them, but in reality GOL isn't that much of a LCC as Southwest is.
I don't work for COPA Airlines!

teixeim

RE: Southwest And GOL Airlines, Similar?

Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:07 am

GOL has shaken up the Brazilian market and put pressure on TAM and especially Varig. Gol has gotten new passengers into the Brazilian air travel market with their pricing and marketing strategy. They have a good product. The Brazilian air travel market is changed forever because of Gol, I believe.