treeny

BA Citiexpress - Snacks Available To Buy?

Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:43 am

Hey All

I have just booked a flight from MAD to BHX (BA1793) in Economy for September.

When I checked the BA website with the manage by booking tool, the details said "Drinks and Snacks availble for purchase" under the service details section.

I was wondering if on European routes, if BA are now charging Economy passengers for food and drink? Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks as always

Mark

FURUREFA

RE: BA Citiexpress - Snacks Available To Buy?

Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:13 am

You will be flying on City Express. They charge for food, which I have heard is quite good, and drink. Have a good flight and check out the BA website for more info.

Matt

mhodgson

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:30 pm

It's actually BA Connect - Citiexpress was loss-making, so BA changed its name and made it a low-cost carrier with buy-on-board food and drink.
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

sevenair

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:47 pm

Yeah, here is the menu http://www.britishairways.com/cms/ma...abin_products/connect/bac_menu.pdf

I've heard the all day breakfast is good!

LS737

Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:17 pm

Quoting FURUREFA (Reply 1):
You will be flying on City Express.

No you won't! BA CitiExpress (all one word with no 'y') is no more.

Pe@rson

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:28 pm

Hilarious how they - and others - think that by changing the image and rationalising here-and-there they'll become a true low-cost airline with properly low costs and thus profitable.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

treeny

Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:18 pm

Quoting FURUREFA (Reply 1):
You will be flying on City Express

Yes I know!!! Its in the title and on my BA reservation!

Quoting Mhodgson (Reply 2):
It's actually BA Connect - Citiexpress

Disagree there as I state above, on BA and the site where I booked the trip it states quite clearly that it is BA Citiexpres

Quoting LS737 (Reply 4):
No you won't! BA CitiExpress (all one word with no 'y') is no more.

See above

Thanks to all for the comments and feedback. I am really suprised to be honest that BA are charging for food now on these flights. I took that very same flight last year and was given complimentary drinks and snacks the whole flight.... how times change!!

Thanks again guys to you all

Mark

Speedbird2155

Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:32 pm

Actually, they are correct, Citiexpress was discontinued earlier this year and it is now BA Connect, which operates a different business model.

mhodgson

Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:34 pm

Quoting Treeny (Reply 6):
Disagree there as I state above, on BA and the site where I booked the trip it states quite clearly that it is BA Citiexpres

Citiexpress as a company are no more. They have been renamed BA Connect, and thus there is no way your flight will be operated by Citiexpress.
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced