wolsingerjet

Chartering An Aircraft?

Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:42 pm

Just looked into chartering a aircraft to fly from YEG-MBJ in march.The reason I thought of this is because it will be my wedding and we have 185 guests coming.Skyservice offers this service and is currently working on a quote for us using a 757-200 aircraft for the trip.They will give us a allinclusive rate including the resort we have chosen,the nice thing is I was told by the Skyservice employee the rate would work out to be cheaper than flying to MBJ on one of their regular flights from YYC or YVR this winter.
Any other carriers offer this service????
Guess what???I dont like you either...

canuckjetsettr

Chartering An Aircraft?

Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:58 pm

First off, congratulations!

I understand that First Air offers 737 charters in both economy or full first-class service.

Flair Airlines offers 727 charter service. Canjet offers service from 2300-0500.

With the current exchange rate, it might even be an option to check out some U.S. based charter companies to see what they offer.

A couple oil companies up north even chartered some Horizon Air Q400's last year for about 2 weeks.

Good luck with your search!

SkyexRamper

RE: Chartering An Aircraft?

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:16 am

Most airlines offer reduced airfare for wedding parties. Also chartering a jet will cost you a lot of money!
Good Luck to all Skyway Pilots! It's been great working with you!

timeair

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:12 am

Try AC with a B767, or if you prefer WS with 737-800 + some via scheduled service. Canadian North may also be a choice but would utilize 2 B737-200adv type, and they are heavy users of the petrol.
Try to see if AC can work it whereas they can utilize the empty legs into a scheduled flight, this will help reduce your costs big time. For example going from YEG-MBJ, maybe they can utilize the aircraft MBJ-YYZ for the empty leg, and when returning use the aircraft YEG-YYZ to get it back to base as a scheduled flight after the drop you off at home..
You can't get there from here.

c3000flyboy

Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:02 pm

Harmony has also been doing a lot of charters lately. Most recently trips to Aruba and Amsterdam. Of course they also use the 757 and can tailor the services to whatever you like. They did do a wedding charter to SFO a year or two ago as well. Not to mention the around the world trips they have done.
http://harmonyairways.com/about_harmonyairways/charters.shtml

All the best and congratulations!

M.
Emergency! Keep your head down, stay down!!