Here's a few suggestions that work for me, and I do Toronto-Taipei once every two months...it works for me.
1. A few days before departure, start drinking more water and try to get sufficient rest.
2. Don't don't don't drink on the plane!
3. The moment you take your seat, switch your watch to local time at your destination, and act accordingly. If you are arriving early in HK
, try not to sleep for the first part of the flight, so you arrive in HK
after having recently slept.
4. On arrival, do NOT do NOT do NOT give in and go to sleep until around 9pm local time. I gave in once, it really took me a few days to get over that mistake! One day of burning eyes...better than a few dead days! So do some sightseeing in HK
to keep you up if you need to!
5. Try not to wake up too early, but if you do, it's not that bad, if you wake up, just get up and get an early start to the day!
6. PLEASE let me know if these work for you and what else you tried!!