FutureFO
Topic Author

Judge Allows NW To Void FA Contract

Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:27 pm

Was reading on Yahoo news and saw that the judge in the NW BK case granted the airline approval to void the flight attendant contracts. I was wondering if anyone sees this as an omen as to the future of NW?? It seems that things are looking bad right now for them and I know that puts the employees in a major bind as to what to do. Anyone have any thoughts on this???

Sean
I Don't know where I am anymore

nwa757boy

RE: Judge Allows NW To Void FA Contract

Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:00 pm

I heard on NPR in Michigan on Wednesday that NW wont impose a contract if the judge allows NW to void the current FA contract until they negotiate more and NW has said they do not want to impose a contract if they don't have to..

N908AW

Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:58 pm

Quoting NWA757boy (Reply 1):
I heard on NPR in Michigan on Wednesday that NW wont impose a contract if the judge allows NW to void the current FA contract until they negotiate more and NW has said they do not want to impose a contract if they don't have to..

I think they learned their lesson when the bubble almost burst on the pilots.
'Cause you're on ATA again, and on ATA, you're on vacation!

FutureFO
Topic Author

Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:10 pm

I know that they said 14 days to negotiate or the other agreement would be implemented. But considering it is the TA that was rejected a few months ago.

Sean
I Don't know where I am anymore

airmailer

Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:16 pm

I read that the judge stayed the decision for a fortnight.

jetjack74

Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:47 am

Serious run-on sentence. You might want to break that one up and use some punctuation. to make it a little more understandible.
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060629/northwest_bankruptcy.html?.v=10

Quoting FutureFO (Thread starter):
Anyone have any thoughts on this???

The judge said he will be forced to impose the rejected TA if the an agreement can't be reached through collective bargining. I voted for the TA because I just wanted to get this whole thing over with. Personally, I don't think it will be as bad as everyone thinks. Not all of the conditions in the TA will be implemented. There were dozens of pro-NW provisions in our current yellow-book contract that were never implemented becuase the necessity wasn't there. There's no getting around the fact that it sucks, but we're not in the position to take NW to task. If the industry was in full recovery or was booming, we would have alot more muscle behind us. The passage of this TA will also force those, who were on the fence about staying, to decide whether they're will ing to stay and work under these conditions. I'm waiting to get transferred to SEA, but that's not going to happen unless the seior people retire and there's movement in the seniority system.
Made from jets!