Elite
Topic Author

New Business Class On CX

Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:27 pm

Hi, it seems that CX just released a new business class, and one of the upgrades seem to have something to do with the headphones. I am not sure if anyone of you have been on the new business class before, but does anyone know if you are still able to plug in your own headphone to use? I just bought new ones and it would be a pity if I couldn't use them on my next flight  Sad

utapao

RE: New Business Class On CX

Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:56 am

Quoting Elite (Thread starter):
if you are still able to plug in your own headphone to use?

Sorry, but do you mean are you "allowed" to... or if there is some physical reason you cannot plug in.

I don't know why they would not allow you to.

And there are adapters that I carry with me so my Bose, for instance, can work on JAL flights that have the 2-prong headsets instead of the single jack.

I've used them on about 30 carriers with no problems, other than just having to switch the adapter some times.

Safe flying...
Sawasdee khrab!

ozglobal

Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:01 am

A coleague based in Asia told me he has flown the New New CX J class and that it's a big improvement. I love CX, but am not a fan of their J seats on long haul: lie-flat but incline is too great. New ones are supposed to be closer to 180 horizontal.
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.

6thfreedom

Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:39 am

Yep,

with the new J class, CX is going to scrap first class on most sectors.

EG. the Australian sectors will get 180 degree bed, thus increasing J class seats.

ZK-NBT

Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:31 am

Quoting 6thfreedom (Reply 3):
with the new J class, CX is going to scrap first class on most sectors.

Interesting.

Routes that might keep First will be the likes of.

SYD, LHR, FRA, CDG, LAX, SFO, JFK and maybe 1 or 2 others.

Elite
Topic Author

Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:59 am

Quoting Utapao (Reply 1):

Sorry, but do you mean are you "allowed" to... or if there is some physical reason you cannot plug in.

It's because I know that in first class you can't plug in your headphones; I was wondering if it was the same for business.

Thanks for all the replies. I will be taking it HKG-JFK soon, so I will try it out and write a detailed trip report!  Wink

Airbus_A340

Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:20 pm

CX have their own installed noise-cancelling headphones installed, they are very high in quality and are sterilized before each flight.
People. They make an airline. www.cathaypacific.com

SInGAPORE_AIR

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:06 pm

Sorry, is this a New, New Business Class this particular airline has launched?
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

Airbus_A340

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:11 pm

He must be speaking about the current one. It's not all that new.
People. They make an airline. www.cathaypacific.com

alaskaqantas

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:50 pm

Is this a NEW NEW seat or just their 180 degree seats that have been in use for a while. I hope that they make their current new seat just a bit better. I haven't flown it, but it looks like it is fairly slanted. i have flown on the QANTAS skybed and that seat is great!
~Cheers-
~~Kyle H.
to some people the sky is the limit, to aviation enthusiasts, its home!

AirlineBrat

Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:30 am

Not sure about Business or First but on the CX coach seats, the headphone jacks are larger than other airlines. They are kind of like the old headphone jacks that you use for your stereo. You need to get an adapter jack which is something like 1-3/4 inches long by 2/10ths of an inch thick where it goes into the plug. I picked one up at an electronics shop in Hong Kong and was able to use my personal noise cancelling headphones on the flight back to LAX.
I'm leavin on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again....

Lufthansa747

Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:48 am

Quoting Airlinebrat (Reply 10):
Not sure about Business or First but on the CX coach seats, the headphone jacks are larger than other airlines.

Not on all planes. At least 744s with proper remote controls/phones have normal jacks.
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

NZ107

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:59 am

The current business class (in the A340's anyway) have in-built noise cancelling headsets, and there is no socket for your own headphones to go into. I wouldn't think that they would change this.. Detachable noise cancelling headsets are too easily stolen and not everyone has noise cancelling headsets.

Quoting Alaskaqantas (Reply 9):
I haven't flown it, but it looks like it is fairly slanted. i have flown on the QANTAS skybed and that seat is great!

It is fairly slanted, like most "flat" business class seats. I tried the skybed out in the QF first class checkin area in AKL a couple of years back and I must say it felt a little tight and funny.. I think I would prefer the CX business over it but shouldn't really comment until after I fly QF business (lol a long way off, haven't flown QF since 2001)
It's all about the destination AND the journey.

ozglobal

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:16 am

Quoting Singapore_Air (Reply 7):
Sorry, is this a New, New Business Class this particular airline has launched?

Please see the thread for your answer...

Quoting OzGlobal (Reply 2):
A coleague based in Asia told me he has flown the New New CX J class and that it's a big improvement. I love CX, but am not a fan of their J seats on long haul: lie-flat but incline is too great. New ones are supposed to be closer to 180 horizontal.
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.

Lufthansa747

Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:13 am

Quoting NZ107 (Reply 12):
The current business class (in the A340's anyway) have in-built noise cancelling headsets, and there is no socket for your own headphones to go into.

Incorrect. The cable is bolted into the seat, but you can unplug the headphones without problem. It's a very tight space, might not be able to easily plug in your own.
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium