LVZXV
Topic Author

From Argentina With Love

Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:06 pm

For those of you who like the sight of the Argentine Condor, and who live in Europe, during the months of July and August you are in for a treat:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © JMG - BAIRES Aviation Photography
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Alejandro Ruiz Yañez

AR's 737-500 LV-BBN arrived in MAD a couple of days ago to operate AR's European routes (MAD-LGW, MAD-CDG, MAD-MUC) and maybe the occasional charter for Air Plus Comet. She flew up to cover for the latter's aircraft shortage, since the Spanish carrier has now returned both 737-300s and apparently one or both the MD-88s it leased from AR last year are u/s. For those of you looking for good deals on a full-fare carrier between the cities I mentioned above, I'd recommend AR. I've flown on three of their ex-AF 737-500s and all were very comfortable, with a respectable C8Y100 layout.

Saludos,

ZXV
How do you say "12 months" in Estonian?

USADreamliner

RE: From Argentina With Love

Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:52 am

Cool,I read on airlinequality.com that they offer great deals from MAD to LGW.
the downside is the AirPlus Crew, bad atittude and careless.Too bad since they represent AR.
Are this flights operated by AR crew or Air Plus?

USADreamliner  wave 

LVZXV
Topic Author

RE: From Argentina With Love

Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:59 am

If it retains its LV-reg (which it probably will), then LV-BBN will be crewed by AR and not Air Plus. Last summer there were two MD-88s operating from MAD: EC-JKC which was Air Plus, and LV-VGB which was AR (the latter subsequently joined Air Plus as EC-JOI six months ago). I flew on the latter twice and the only Air Plus "touches" were Air Plus headrest covers and Air Plus sweets offered on the ground. The cabin crew were pretty much the same on both occasions.

The three times I have flown on Air Plus themselves (A310, B733 & MD-88), I cannot say that I grew too fond of them, but if you fly on AR's B735 this summer, you should get "The Real McCoy".

Best regards,

ZXV

[Edited 2006-07-02 18:00:16]
How do you say "12 months" in Estonian?