Noise
Topic Author

A New Airline, Air Sprint

Wed Jun 21, 2000 10:55 am

There is a new airline in Canada. It's name is Air Sprint and it will have it's hub in Montreal-Dorval (YUL). Although you might think that the airline won't work out 'cause Air Canada has it's hub in YUL too, your all wrong. Why you ask? Because the airline will begin operations with a pair of Saab 340s in september. They will offer 3 daily roundtrips from YUL to Albany, Syracuse, Buffalo, and Rochester at first and want to later open up routes to Manchester, Springfield, and Providence. NONE OF THESE CITIES ARE SERVED BY ANY AIRLINE FROM YUL!!! Not even Air Canada flies to these cities from YUL.

I think this airline will do fine. I don't know if they will have domestic flights to YOW, YYZ or YHZ though.

What do you guys think???

RE: A New Airline, Air Sprint

Wed Jun 21, 2000 12:00 pm

Before deregulation hits, this new airline may have a fighting chance. It is very hard to create a new airline from scratch, but if it is organized by thoughtful men with deep pockets, it may just fly.
kind regards,
timobear

AC183

Wed Jun 21, 2000 12:05 pm

What do you mean "before deregulation hits?" Canada is a deregulated domestic market, and Canada-US is an open skies market.

Where did you get the info on this carrier, and do they have a website?

Noise
Topic Author

Wed Jun 21, 2000 10:12 pm

I found this info. on the Montreal-Dorval International Airport Enthusiast Page's Message Board. The site URL is http://www.cam.org/~hill/dorvalairport.html

I don't think they have a website yet.