From the Dayton Business Journal:
- FL is going from four to five daily ATL-DAY RT's.
- UA now has seven daily ORD-DAY RT's and three daily IAD-DAY RT's, with a fourth to be added this fall.
- CO will plans to increase daily flights to IAH and EWR to three and four, respectively, in September.
- DL will add a ninth ATL-DAY RT on August 1 (hopefully a third MD-88; it's hard to believe that DL had seven dailies between ATL and DAY as recently as 2004 - three of which were on 757's!).
- F9 has replaced RJ's with mainline aricraft on the twice daily DEN-DAY route.
- US will replace a 50-seat CRJ with a 70-seat CR7 on the early AM departure to PHL in September (presumably the plane will return to DAY in the evening).
Passenger traffic is up slightly after a year of decline thanks to the loss of ATA Connection's seven dailies to the TZ hub at MDW and DL's introduction of "Simplifares" at CVG.
Still waiting for FL's announcement that it will make DAY a focus city