LGW
Topic Author

Emirates & A3XX

Thu Jun 22, 2000 3:41 am

Emirates will be one of the first airlines to fly the A3XX.   That will look good in their revised colours. Good luck to them.

FLY CYPRUS AIRWAYS

RE: Emirates & A3XX

Thu Jun 22, 2000 5:09 am

Well, I have to say that I think EK's colours are pretty boring really, just the stylised UAE flag on a white background...hmm not very interesting really.

Fly CY?? In fact, I'm taking my cousin to Riyadh Airport tomorrow, she's flying CY to LHR via LRN, from here in Saudi.

Guess it's an A310 from RUH, and an A320 on to LHR?? They are highly regarded here in the Middle East, although I flew in with BA.

eg777er

Thu Jun 22, 2000 5:14 am

CY are one of the best ways to get from Gulf-London - just go BAH or DXB (they have a codeshare with GF) to LCN and onto London.

Flew A310 LCN-LGW (my second and only twice time in LGW) on CY back in 1993 - it was pretty good - lots of room in their A310 and I was in the row behind Biz Class.

What I think EK will do is config their A3XX to be only 400 pax (assuming the thing gets built). The only precedent of a Gulf State operating such a comparitavely large a/c is Gulf Air with the L-1011 in 1976. It was a dramatic step up from a VC-10 (!) so they put in a stand-up bar (even for economy pax), library and seating area - and painted "The Five Star Tri Star" all over them....brilliant. Unfortunately they were a victim of their own success and more seats had to be put in...

LGW
Topic Author

Cyprus Airways

Thu Jun 22, 2000 5:29 am

Thanks for your kind words of CY I fly on them all the time. They are excellent. I hope your cousin enjoy`s their flight it will be an A310 if they got to LHR. Bye

FLY CYPRUS AIRWAYS

cedarjet

Thu Jun 22, 2000 8:30 am

EK could sure use more capacity on it's London routes - they use two 777-300s a day and they're always completely full. Plus Gatwick, which I think is an Airbus. Maybe the second LHR rotation is an Airbus as well (?). But this and other routes will be screaming out for the A350 when it comes online in 2006. Maybe they'll lease some 747-400s in the meantime? That'd look pretty cool.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos