kcrwflyer

Festival Airlines?

Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:14 am

I've seen a few small posts about cities that Festival Airlines is considering and I just wanted more information about them.

Do they have their aircraft yet? Im assuming they're leasing them. Have they started training/hiring employees yet?

Anyone have any more information about these guys?

Are they going to be similar to Allegiant only with 757's? I do like the livery  Smile

Humberside

RE: Festival Airlines?

Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:22 am

Quoting KcrwFlyer (Thread starter):
Are they going to be similar to Allegiant only with 757's?

Yes because they they will be focusing on leisure traffic but no because:

1. They will be a scheduled charter airline
2. They wont have bases at leisure destinations (like LAS) but at departure cities (initially RFD) and serve various leisure destinations from there
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

kcrwflyer

Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:37 am

Quoting Humberside (Reply 1):
2. They wont have bases at leisure destinations (like LAS) but at departure cities (initially RFD) and serve various leisure destinations from there

Cool, so the crews will be based at the depatrure cities, opposed to the destination cities.

Im pretty sure they'll fly to LAS but how about MCO or PBI in the future. Aren't they doing maintenance in PBI?

pensacolaguy

Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:38 am

The last I have heard about Festival Airlines was the following:

Start-up Festival Airlines will begin flights to Pensacola this fall. CEO Carl George says the airline will begin flying to eight cities out of Chicago... In October. Other initial destinations are Orlando, Fort Myers, St. Petersburg.....Las Vegas, San Juan, Phoenix, And San Diego. George anticipates one or two flights per week to each city..... As part of 3- or 4-day vacation packages. Pensacola will also serve as Festival's base of operations for training and light maintenance. George expects to have those operations in place by December.

Source my local news channel WEAR-TV 3

I will keep an eye out for any un-usual activity at PNS.

kcrwflyer

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:01 am

Ah, PNS. Dont know why I said PBI.

How many aircraft do/will they have?

AirCop

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:59 am

And they are talking Williams/Gateway in Mesa, AZ rather than PHX. This might work for a leisure airline, with the number of transplants from the Chicago, Wisconsin area and then in spring with Cubs baseball.