jetBlueNYFL

And JetBlue Is Best Again!

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:04 am

Travel + Leisure Readers Rate JetBlue 2006 World's Best Domestic Airline

NEW YORK, July 11, 2006 (PRIMEZONE) -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq:JBLU) was rated 2006 World's Best Domestic Airline Award by readers of Travel + Leisure magazine, the world's leading travel magazine.

Travel + Leisure Editor-in-Chief Nancy Novogrod describes the 2006 World's Best Awards as "a powerful gauge of the interests and tastes of sophisticated travelers." In addition to recognizing JetBlue, readers also named New York City, JetBlue's hometown, as the Best City in the U.S. and Canada for the sixth consecutive year.

"On behalf of JetBlue's 10,800 crewmembers, I would like to thank the readers of Travel + Leisure for this honor," said David Neeleman, JetBlue's CEO. "The JetBlue Experience is about welcoming our customers on the phone, at the airport and on board, and making it easy to fly JetBlue. We also know that we are only as good as our last flight, and we will remain focused on making your next JetBlue flight your best."

JetBlue has also been honored this year with Best Domestic Airline For Value by readers of Travel + Leisure; Air Transport World magazine's "Passenger Service Award"; "Best Airline Value" by Entrepreneur Magazine; and "Best Low Cost/No Frills Airline" by OAG. JetBlue will accept the prestigious "2006 World's Best Domestic Airline" award at Rockefeller Center in New York City on July 20. The survey results will be featured in the August issue of Travel + Leisure magazine.

(source: jetBlue press release)
jetBlue...Bringing Humanity Back To Air Travel!

SAS333

RE: And JetBlue Is Best Again!

Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:46 am

Sounds cool to me. Well I am even more excited, due booked my first flight on Jet Blue to BDA in September.
Can't wait to experience their service and even to fly by the Embraer.

jetbluefan1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:33 am

Congrats on another award, JetBlue.

How many posts till someone chimes in and exclaims that the results are somehow skewed because most of the people either live in NYC or just picked JetBlue at random?

JetBluefan1

steeler83

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:38 am

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 2):
How many posts till someone chimes in and exclaims that the results are somehow skewed because most of the people either live in NYC or just picked JetBlue at random?

Well I surely as hell am not going to chime in with such crap!!! HEHEHEHEHHH!!!! Big grin
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

jetBlueNYFL

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:25 am

Congrats on another award, JetBlue.

I second that, congratulations jetBlue...keep up the amazing work!

Well, maybe instead of those who do chime in trying to convince us that the results are unfair, they can spend that time scrolling through the list at this link:

http://www.jetblue.com/learnmore/awards.html

Alitalia744

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:30 am

YEAH JET BLUE!! YEAH JET BLUE! YEAH JET BLUE! HIP BLUE HORRAY!!!!!!

Anyway, congrats, altho interesting to see 2003 was a high year and there have been less awards yearly since.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

jetBlueNYFL

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:39 am

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 5):
altho interesting to see 2003 was a high year and there have been less awards yearly since.

??? I count:
20 awards in 2003
24 awards in 2004
20 awards in 2005

Keep in mind that not all surveys/polls are released yearly and 2006 is not over yet and B6 already has 6 awards up there. Also, David Neeleman has a nice list of awards on the bottom of that page.

Touchdown777

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:43 am

I've had nothing but good experiences with jetBlue, so far... Congrats!
Made in the USA

Alitalia744

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:49 am

Quoting JetBlueNYFL (Reply 6):
??? I count:
20 awards in 2003
24 awards in 2004
20 awards in 2005

Keep in mind that not all surveys/polls are released yearly and 2006 is not over yet and B6 already has 6 awards up there. Also, David Neeleman has a nice list of awards on the bottom of that page.

Chill out bro, did I say anything negative about your little jetBlue? Hell I even said congrats!

Everyone needs to like the airline they like!

goingboeing

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:18 pm

Isn't it interesting that of all the cities, NYC took top honors as "best city" and their hometown airline took honors as "Best airline"? And travel an leisure is published...where? As I said before...any award is great for marketing...but I don't think travel and leisure has a big polling presence here in 'flyover country'...

JetBlueAUS

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:29 pm

JetBlue is surely a great airline! Congrats to them on yet, another award.  Smile
Not all of us can be heroes, some of us can only stand on the sidewalk and clap as they go by.

panam330

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:33 pm

"World's Best Domestic Airline." Isn't that an oxymoron?  Wink

Nevertheless, congrats to B6. They've certainly earned it.

jetbluefan1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:41 pm

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 8):
Chill out bro, did I say anything negative about your little jetBlue? Hell I even said congrats!

Everyone needs to like the airline they like!

Well, you did state something incorrectly, which could be perceived as negative:

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 5):
altho interesting to see 2003 was a high year and there have been less awards yearly since.

Quoting Goingboeing (Reply 9):
Isn't it interesting that of all the cities, NYC took top honors as "best city" and their hometown airline took honors as "Best airline"?

Ack. Not again! Not again! Not again!

As someone who lives in NY and works in NYC, I'm not at all surprised it received "best city". It's only a coincidence that JetBlue is also NYC's hometown airline.

And since when does where a magazine is published affect its readership? That's like saying that since Businessweek is based in IA, only Iowans read that magazine.

Since when do only New Yorkers look for information on traveling and leisure?

JetBluefan1

Alitalia744

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:15 pm

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 19):
However, it is most inappropriate to attempt to tear JetBlue apart on a thread that discusses an award that they just recently received. Making generalizations like "clueless underpaid employees" is offensive to those who work there; it doesn't matter what airline it is that's being discussed.

JetBluefan1

You have a point, however it is no different than going into, say, a Delta thread and spewing jetBlue all over it, or any other airline for that matter.

This is a.net afterall.

n844aa

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:17 pm

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 19):
However, it is most inappropriate to attempt to tear JetBlue apart on a thread that discusses an award that they just recently received.

Actually, I'm not sure that's true. If we're really "discussing" the award B6 just received, then I think it's perfectly fair for him to say his experience doesn't square with Travel + Leisure's readers' findings. If we're just contributing to the B6 hagiography ... then yes, the comments are out of place  Wink
New airplanes, new employees, low fares, all touchy-feely ... all of them are losers. -Gordon Bethune

jetbluefan1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:18 pm

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 20):
You have a point, however it is no different than going into, say, a Delta thread and spewing jetBlue all over it, or any other airline for that matter.

I completely agree. And not that you were pointing fingers at me, but just for the record: I've never done that. I actually like DL - they are a fantastic airline despite what others say - and I fly them regularly. Unfortuantely, they don't receive many awards which I think is a shame because their workers are genuine and friendly from most of my interactions with them.

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 20):
This is a.net afterall.

Amen to that!

JetBluefan1

jetbluefan1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:20 pm

Quoting N844AA (Reply 21):
then I think it's perfectly fair for him to say his experience doesn't square with Travel + Leisure's readers' findings.

It's fine to say that you haven't had a good experience. However, there's a difference between "say(ing)" and tearing apart, bashing, etc.

JetBluefan1

daisywol

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:22 pm

Quoting Wmupilot (Reply 18):

I work for B6 also
I have to agree that a lot of our crewmembers are clueless
As far as the money goes, all airline employees are underpaid
A lot of us are only here for the benefits

skiflip1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:22 pm

Ahh I'm sorry I upset the Jet Blue employees. Wmupilot's comments were amusing and well, off. Yes you may be correct with Jet Blue and United pay rates, but you are off as far as other airlines. Has Jet Blue been around for 15 years? I may be mistaken, but I don't think they have. I'm open to correction. If I make enemies from my posts, then too bad. I can agree to disagree , can you Wmupilot? I don't need the name calling. And thanks for the welcome , but it was less than sincere.

WMUPilot

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:23 pm

I don't think any of us on here are saying he can't come on here and say he had a bad experience on JetBlue. Quite the opposite I do nbelieve. Feel free to post whatever your experiences are. The thing that got me pissed and several other as well, was the generalization that our crewmembers are clueless and underpaid along with several other comments that where uncalled for. Now I will be the first on the band wagon to criticise the company when they make a bonehead move. However to post such irrational comments without backing it up with any facts is totally uncalled for. You can call our crewmembers slobs for all I care, but you better have some darn good proof to back it up, and then I will respect your comment. If you start with the diarrhea of the mouth and have no facts, I'll make sure I get you set in the correct direction.
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel

jetbluefan1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:26 pm

Quoting Wmupilot (Reply 26):
However to post such irrational comments without backing it up with any facts is totally uncalled for.

I completely agree, 100%.

And now the thread has gotten off topic, but once again, this is a.net.

Congrats, JetBlue, on yet another award. The Crew Members run a fantastic airline and it's nice that they as well as the company continue to gain recognition

I'm done with this thread just because I may go insane if I read anymore you-know-what.

JetBluefan1

WMUPilot

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:29 pm

Hopefully we can keep up with this pace as we continue our expansion. We work hard to make our customers happy, we win some we lose some. Looks like we win more than we lose but I just hope it can stay that way 10 years down the road.

skiflip1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:36 pm

hmm should the daisywol comment be any help to me? Granted I don't know this person, or even if they actually work for Jet Blue. But I didn't post anything irrational. Airline food, it sucks. Did I get quoted the right price for Jet Blue tickets? Absolutely. Are they worth the extra 300 bucks from FLL to SEA? No . ( I bought Continental there and United home for 340, Jet Blue was 699 I believe) Come on people , it's discussion. Like I said,I am open for correction. But saying I was irrational and a dumbass served no purpose. The only people that were pissed off were Wmupilot and Jetbluefan1. Come on who is really being irrational, and, well, childish?

B6767200

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:37 pm

Quoting Skiflip1 (Reply 12):
clueless underpaid employees

Please explain in more details!

skiflip1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:48 pm

how many legs a day do the Jet Blue pilots and Flight Attendants work? What is their maximum on duty limitation? I think the pilots are regulated by FAA regulations or even U.S.law. How about the F/A's? That was my point with my "clueless and underpaid " employees. It may have been poorly worded, but with merit. Just a point, guys, and I am , once again, open to correction.

WMUPilot

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:53 pm

Pilots are held to flying 8hrs a day, period. That is the FAA requirement.

Currently there is no "duty limit" for any flight attendants, unless they are unionized. The term "legal to start, legal to finish" gets throw around alot. It basically means that if you start a legal trip, duty day scheduled less than 14hrs, you are legal to finish that trip no matter how long it takes you (20hrs or 4days) However crew services will "try" and work with you so you aren't working that much in 1 day. It is just too tiring.

However our legs, for F/As aren't limited either but for the most part 4 legs a day is just about all that we will fly. The 190s tend to have more because their flights are shorter in length.

You may have gotten a crew on a bad day, it was something else. It happens at every company.

B6767200

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:57 pm

Quoting Skiflip1 (Reply 31):
how many legs a day do the Jet Blue pilots and Flight Attendants work? What is their maximum on duty limitation? I think the pilots are regulated by FAA regulations or even U.S.law. How about the F/A's? That was my point with my "clueless and underpaid " employees. It may have been poorly worded, but with merit. Just a point, guys, and I am , once again, open to correction.

Both flight att. and pilots are governed by the FAA.

Underpaid...lets see, I strongly disagree with you. Do you even know there pay rates? jetBlue continues to meet/beat industry standards!

DL787932ER

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:59 pm

1) Congratulations to B6 on this latest award!

2) I fail to understand the importance and negative reactions some have to this kind of award, as it's based on a poll. The only information a poll provides is which [whatever's being polled] is most popular. Assuming it's properly performed, it's an interesting popularity contest, but it can't possibly influence any individual's preference.

For example, New York City also won this poll. My current hometown and favorite city happens to be Atlanta. The fact that x thousands or millions of people said NYC was their favorite isn't going to make me wish I lived there instead of Atlanta, nor would I expect that a poll citing 100 million people who loved Atlanta would be enough to convince all the NYC people they were wrong. If your favorite ice cream were chocolate, and you saw an award saying a whole bunch of people voted that vanilla was the best ice cream, would you all of a sudden decide you didn't like chocolate so much after all?

It's the same with airlines. I'm happy to congratulate B6 on a job well done, but I still prefer DL, and that preference isn't based on any popularity contest. If DL had won this award, I wouldn't expect that fact to change the mind of anyone who currently prefers B6. Considering that a.net is an enthusiasts' web site, I don't see how the preferences of others who may or many not be enthusiasts would influence others here in any way. So why are such things taken so seriously and considered to be a benchmark of why any given person prefers any given airline?
F L Y D E L T A J E T S

skiflip1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:05 pm

I'm just curious as to why the Flight Attendant's aren't also governed by such on duty limitations. Granted, I want an alert pilot at the control of the plane, but are the F/A's any less important? I know that the unionized airlines have slightly better on duty regulations. Every airlines differs as to their contract. Has anyone thought that the bad attitude F/A's have been flying 14 hours plus? A good pilot is worth every penny, but a F/A is too. There's where my clueless comment was based on. The truth be told, I am a F/a with American approaching 18 years of service. I bet anyone of you on my flight would come back again and again , if you could fly with me. I am what makes the difference between you choosing AA , or any other airline. No we don't have food, sometimes the seats have an inch or 2 more pitch, sometimes we lose bags. Every single airline is the same. You get a good crew one day and a bad crew another. The employees make the diiference. I hate to say that this survey citing Jet Blue as the best Domestic Airline is subject to who answered the survey , and who reads that magazine. Period.

B6767200

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:14 pm

Quoting WMUPilot (Reply 32):
Currently there is no "duty limit" for any flight attendants

Are you sure about this? I know jetBlue has cancelled flights in the past because the flight att's were illegal to fly.
 confused 

skiflip1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:24 pm

Very sure. But it is apples and oranges. We fly international long haul flights. We have a trip where we go to Buenos Aires from Miami, and we have a 12 hour layover, while the pilots require a longer one. They stay 33 hours, but part of that is because the next flight is the next day. Their duty rig and rest period is probably less. The other day I had a 16 hour day (went illegal inflight) with an 8 hour rest. (it took 1 hour to deplane and get to the hotel, and my pick up is 1 hour and 20 minutes before flight departure) so I had maybe 5 hours of real sleep , followed by a 16 hour day. The pilots were replaced, because they were illegal, by the way. Just some food for thought. Peace to all.

n844aa

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:24 pm

Quoting Skiflip1 (Reply 37):
I hate to say that this survey citing Jet Blue as the best Domestic Airline is subject to who answered the survey , and who reads that magazine.

Your statement is definitely true. Still, I don't know if that's valid grounds for criticizing the survey. You have to think a fairly widely read travel magazine will result in at least a plausibly balanced pool of responses. Without knowing more about the methodology, I don't think there's any reason to criticize the survey on this grounds.

For instance, if I were voting in this survey, one of the factors I'd have to consider is route network. B6 just doesn't offer one that fits my needs; consequently, there's no way I'd ever vote them best domestic airline. However, if I flew primarily between New York and Floria, for example, B6 might very well be my perfect carrier. For the longest time, AA's route network suited my needs perfectly, and I flew AA very regularly. Given my generally positive experiences and the benefits of elite status, I almost certainly would have voted y'all "best domestic carrier."

Anyway, my point is that I'm sure you do great work and that's not at all to be undermined by the results of this survey. I hope someday I'm on a plane with you. But, the readership of the magazine spoke and I don't think their findings ought to be discounted. If B6 is the best domestic airline for their needs and purposes, more power to them. But clearly it's an airline that doesn't work for everybody, or even a majority of folks.
New airplanes, new employees, low fares, all touchy-feely ... all of them are losers. -Gordon Bethune

skiflip1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:30 pm

I cannot disagree with that. I hope you are on my flight ,too.

WMUPilot

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:37 pm

Quoting Skiflip1 (Reply 37):
I'm just curious as to why the Flight Attendant's aren't also governed by such on duty limitations. Granted, I want an alert pilot at the control of the plane, but are the F/A's any less important? I know that the unionized airlines have slightly better on duty regulations. Every airlines differs as to their contract. Has anyone thought that the bad attitude F/A's have been flying 14 hours plus? A good pilot is worth every penny, but a F/A is too. There's where my clueless comment was based on. The truth be told, I am a F/a with American approaching 18 years of service. I bet anyone of you on my flight would come back again and again , if you could fly with me. I am what makes the difference between you choosing AA , or any other airline. No we don't have food, sometimes the seats have an inch or 2 more pitch, sometimes we lose bags. Every single airline is the same. You get a good crew one day and a bad crew another. The employees make the difference. I hate to say that this survey citing Jet Blue as the best Domestic Airline is subject to who answered the survey , and who reads that magazine. Period.

I'm not sure why the FAA never put any regulations on FAs duty days. I totally agree that we should be limited in the amount of hours that we fly in a day (11-12max). Like you said we all know why pilots are limited and it would figure that FAs should be limited as well as we have important jobs to do should something go wrong. Yes you are correct in saying that a fresh inflight crew would provide a better experience to the customers. I could bet that many customers on my flight would come back if they could fly with me again. Sadly not everybody in the industry is like you or myself. We'll go out of our way to please the customer no matter what kind of day we are having.

I do have to say that winning all these awards is great. It's good for morale and good for customer service. However, like many point out, we aren't that big yet. Granted we are a flag carrier and do billions of dollars in revenue every year, but many still don't know who we are. Ask anybody between the States of Ohio and Nebraska who we are and they won't have a clue. This pole, like every other one is going to have skewed results. Look at how often the Presidential Polls are! No poll can be completely accurate and you can always get the results that you are looking for by asking a question a ertain way. Ask Joe Schmo in the upper east side who his favorite low cost carrier is and what is his answer going to be? It's going to be JetBlue because we bombard that city with advertisements. Plus AirTran, Frontier, and Southwest don't have a large operation out of NYC airports. Now go down to MCO and ask that same question and you are going to get a wide variety of answers. WN, FL, B6 have sizable operations out of MCO and you could get a more accurate representation. Again it is all about where you ask the question and how you ask it. Now if we can keep winning awards while expanding, that will really cement our legitimate position as best domestic.

Quoting B6767200 (Reply 38):
Are you sure about this? I know jetBlue has cancelled flights in the past because the flight att's were illegal to fly.
confused

They may have not been legal to start the flight (it may have been the beginning of their pairing) My entire crew had to be replaced recently because our flight to PHX was delayed several hours due to MX and crew services failed to change our report time. We where now scheduled at a 17hr duty day which is illegal. They didn't catch it in time and had to delay the flight even more while they called in 4 reserves to take our place.

B6767200

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:48 pm

Quoting Wmupilot (Reply 42):
They may have not been legal to start the flight (it may have been the beginning of their pairing) My entire crew had to be replaced recently because our flight to PHX was delayed several hours due to MX and crew services failed to change our report time. We where now scheduled at a 17hr duty day which is illegal. They didn't catch it in time and had to delay the flight even more while they called in 4 reserves to take our place.

Thanks but I still don't understand as the outbound crew for my flight flew in with the A/C, The crew flew in from JFK and were to turn around and fly back, we were delayed due to snow accumulations at JFK, after waiting for clearance the gate agent informed us that the flight att's were illegal to fly back to JFK.

deltagator

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:54 pm

Quoting JetBlueNYFL (Reply 14):
jetBlue has some intetrnational flights, but not oceanic.

Uhmm...doesn't JetBlue fly to Nassau, Aruba, and the Dominican Republic? Aren't those islands in the middle of the Carribbean Sea which is part of the Atlantic Ocean? Sounds like oceanic flights to me. Of course they are nowhere near the length of transAtlantic flights but they are still oceanic.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

amhilde

Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:13 pm

I rearranged my schedule a few weeks ago in order to specifically take JetBlue (LAS-JFK) and I was very pleased. The plane was clean and comfortable, and the leg room was such that I was able to get some sleep. The tv was nice, though Im not a big tv watcher, but my crew (and it was a red eye) had cheerful and capable members on it. They also passed out the spa packet, which was a nice touch/marketing ploy and I think we got a warm towel at the end. I crawled on BA that evening for JFK-LHR and even though it was slightly longer, that was a hideous flight, and Im used to those transatlantic flights. Their checkin staff werent the most clued in either at JFK.

Be nice if JetBlue could start service to MKE or ORD though!
Hang on tightly, Let go lightly

jumbojet

Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:45 pm

Quoting JetBlueNYFL (Reply 14):
I don't know what you mean by clueless but they are the nicest in the industry -

that is a matter of opinion. I had a flight on B6 with one of the young, inexperienced, fragile female flights attendants refusing to help an elderly lady with her carry on bags place them in the overhead bin, she said sorry and continued walking down the aisle. This is one of the reasons I disagree with this statement and dont like JetBlue

Quoting Skiflip1 (Reply 17):
Sorry sometimes people need to be brought back down to Earth. I flew Jet Blue , and it was far from special.

see above. Plus, no seat mapper on web site makes it all that more less appealing.

Quoting DL787932ER (Reply 34):
It's the same with airlines. I'm happy to congratulate B6 on a job well done, but I still prefer DL,

Well said

JFK998

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:28 pm

Oh my god here we go... Jetblue is an great airline. I use them atleast 10 times a years from JFK. They earned this award like all the other awards they earned before.

Quoting Goingboeing (Reply 9):
Isn't it interesting that of all the cities, NYC took top honors as "best city" and their hometown airline took honors as "Best airline"? And travel an leisure is published...where? As I said before...any award is great for marketing...but I don't think travel and leisure has a big polling presence here in 'flyover country'...

BigOrange

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:20 pm

Quoting Skiflip1 (Reply 29):
The only people that were pissed off were Wmupilot and Jetbluefan1. Come on who is really being irrational, and, well, childish?

There were probably a lot more people that were pissed off but, like me, couldn't be bothered replying until you tried to justify your comments.

The problem with this forum like many others is that there are a lot of people who need to grow up and accept that others are allowed a difference of opinion.

Quoting JFK998 (Reply 45):

Personally I don't see why NYC got top honors as best city. I hate the place, but I know many other people love the place.

The reason Travel + Leisure is published in New York is that it is owned by American Express, whose corporate headquarters just so happens to be in New York.

I've never flown Jet Blue, so can't really comment on the airline. The best airline experience I have had was on Southwest.

FWAERJ

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:02 am

Quoting BigOrange (Reply 46):
The reason Travel + Leisure is published in New York is that it is owned by American Express, whose corporate headquarters just so happens to be in New York.

Don't forget that American Express also issues the JetBlue credit card. Coincidence? I think not.
"Did he really need the triple bypass? Or was it the miles?"

airzim

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:51 am

Hate to rain on slapping each other's backs, but along with DL and NW, jetBlue is the only other major expected to post a loss for April-June period.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/biztravel/2006-07-11-airlines-usat_x.htm

The model is breaking right on schedule.

B6MoneyGuyJFK

Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:28 am

Quoting Airzim (Reply 41):
Hate to rain on slapping each other's backs, but along with DL and NW, jetBlue is the only other major expected to post a loss for April-June period.

Thats only one source and only one opinion. We have a higher prasm than last year, and there are many that are expecting a profitable quarter. Of course its only official when the results are announced. Anyway, nice to read your positive comments on a thread about winning an award.
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everyone has one, and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks!

TWFirst

Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:46 am

Something to make you go "hmmmmmm.....":

Travel + Leisure is owned by American Express.

JetBlue and American Express have an extensive partnership, including a co-branded credit card, and participation in AmEx's Membership Rewards program.

What's good for JetBlue is good for Amex.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

TWFirst

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:03 am

Oh crap... I just realized others brought up the Amex - Travel + Leisure connection. My bad... should have read through the thread. Sorry!
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

airzim

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:53 am

Quoting B6MoneyGuyJFK (Reply 42):
That's only one source and only one opinion. We have a higher prasm than last year, and there are many that are expecting a profitable quarter. Of course its only official when the results are announced. Anyway, nice to read your positive comments on a thread about winning an award.

We'll wait and see. It's extremely likely though.

These awards are a joke. Almost every major travel magazines are paid by the respective airline, hotel, resort etc., to give favorable reviews. Why should we not think differently of polls which are completely unverifiable?

jetBlue has some serious issues confronting them. Doesn't anyone else think the timing of all these new routes being launched isn't coincidental with significant cost pressure on the horizon. Now that the majors have near cost parity jetBlue has very big challenges to fill. Not the least of which is they desperately need an alternative to JFK.

B6MoneyGuyJFK

Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:12 am

Quoting Airzim (Reply 45):

We'll wait and see. It's extremely likely though.

Yes I agree

And your souce is? Or perhaps you've seen our books?

As far as new cities..We have the planes on order and they need to fly to make money. A sitting plane earns no revenue. New cities are whats on Jetblues horizon, thank you very much.
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everyone has one, and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks!

airzim

Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:45 am

Quoting B6MoneyGuyJFK (Reply 46):
Yes I agree

And your source is? Or perhaps you've seen our books?

As far as new cities..We have the planes on order and they need to fly to make money. A sitting plane earns no revenue. New cities are whats on Jetblues horizon, thank you very much.

Wall Street analysts who have seen the books.

As for the new planes, I'm getting at the bigger motive; the only way to keep costs down is to distribute them across a growing organization. This is fundamentally the Southwest model. It's not rocket science. The leather seats, TV, etc., is window dressing. It's meaningless. Maybe it helps differentiate you from another carrier but if anything it only adds to the fixed costs.

B6 went away from the Southwest model (I and others think foolishly) by buying more airplanes of a different type, and keeping extra costs like TV's on board.

Then there is pay. Look the reality is B6 pays on average less than the majors with higher productivity (which is a good thing), but much of the shortfall is made up in stock options. If stocks not doing too hot, people aren't happy. Southwest has the same exact problem. Costs are rising, stock is defaulted, employees want more money. Plus in 5-10 there's going to be a pilot shortage, why work at B6 when you get paid more at AA?

There is a real world example out there to help us fast forward, VirginBlue. They've tapped their market, their costs are rising, their stock is not great, and they are desperate to keep costs down and expanding the only way the can, internationally. However OZ is pretty much far away from anywhere with 737's so DJ has big issues facing it. Do you go long haul to distribute costs across a network, and then assume additional costs with a new fleet and increased services like Business Class which the market demands? Or do you let your costs rise to parity with Qantas, and now have to put in business seats, lounges, complicated fare structures etc to compete?

jetBlue has the exact same problems staring them in the face. If you don't believe me, read any analysts report

Tbird

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:05 am

These awards are a joke. Almost every major travel magazines are paid by the respective airline, hotel, resort etc., to give favorable reviews. Why should we not think differently of polls which are completely unverifiable?

That really is almost a laughable statement. I really wish when people make these statements they would provide facts and proof.

Here are some facts Airzim.....

jetBlue knows it has challenges and has changed its business model to cope with those challengers.

jetBlue is doing what every other airline is doing right now. Chasing revenue in smaller midsize markets. They have over 100 E190s coming online they need to fill them and the JFK-FLL route is pretty much maxed out.

JFK is a perfect hub for jetBlue, JFK is the most under utilized airport out of LGA and EWR. There is plenty of room to grow at JFK.

jetBlue offers more service and travel options then most LCC and Mainline airlines. Without question they offer the best transcon service in the U.S.

jetBlue didn't pay anyone for that award they earned it by serving the customer. I know that sounds novel these days but it does still exist.

SUPRAZACHAIR

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:25 am

Top 10 Domestic Airlines 2006
Rank Name Score

1 JetBlue Airways 77.38
2 Midwest Airlines 76.11
3 Sun Country Airlines 66.57
4 Southwest Airlines 66.43
5 Frontier Airlines 65.80
6 Hawaiian Airlines 65.50
7 USA3000 Airlines 65.16
8 Alaska Airlines 64.10
9 Horizon Air 62.86
10 Pan Am Clipper Connection 62.50

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos