stl1326

JetBlue To Announce Two More Cities Soon Part II

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:33 am

Someone posted that the annoucement is Friday morning. Can we get any clues as if it is STL and CMH? And what does everyone think of the rumor of BLV?

ABQopsHP

RE: JetBlue To Announce Two More Cities Soon Part II

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:42 am

Doesnt anyone think that B6 is moving just a bit too fast? I watched airlines like PeoplExpress and AirFlorida grow rapidly, only to have the whole thing come crashing down a few short years later. Maybe im being negative, but.....
ABQ ops, Cactus 202 requesting you order 5 Green Chile Chicken stew for us to p/u on arrival. ;)

rjpieces

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:46 am

Quoting ABQopsHP (Reply 1):
Doesnt anyone think that B6 is moving just a bit too fast? I watched airlines like PeoplExpress and AirFlorida grow rapidly, only to have the whole thing come crashing down a few short years later. Maybe im being negative, but.....

Unlike the airlines you mention, B6 has plenty of cash/market capitalization value to weather any severe downturn. Not to mention that B6 hasn't substantially deviated from their business model (i.e. 747s JFK-Europe). Finally, B6 has a management team that has learned the lessons of all the LCC failures.

Growth is not a bad thing for jetBlue. To the contrary, it is healthy and necessary. Most of the markets they have been expanding to make sense and have lots of potential.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

B6JFKH81

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:53 am

Quoting ABQopsHP (Reply 1):
I watched airlines like PeoplExpress

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 2):
Finally, B6 has a management team that has learned the lessons of all the LCC failures.

Ironically, there are quite a few folks in the company that were with PeoplExpress...so they will definitely speak up if they see the expansion happening too quickly. Just my little insider info LOL!
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"

jetbluefan1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:04 am

It does seem like they are expanding rather quickly, though. SRQ, HOU and TUS were just announced a couple of weeks ago, JFK-CLT starts tomorrow (I hear the bookings are extremely strong), JFK-RDU starts soon, as well as JFK-BNA, JFK-IAD, JFK-AUA and SYR-MCO.

If seems as if it would make more sense to do more connecting the dots for the rest of the year instead of opening up even more stations. Some routes that would make sense for B6 are BOS-SYR, BTV-MCO and MCO-PCE. Should we expect more connecting the dots next year?

Then again, this could be another one of those "throw 'em off by a mile" situations that JetBlue is infamous for. They were originally reporting that very few cities would be opened this year and that more connecting the dots would occur as a result of the E190s. Next year was supposedly the big "new city" year, but it looks as if reality has it backwards.

JetBluefan1

B6JFKH81

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:12 am

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 4):
BOS-SYR

IIRC, this is in the works utilizing an E190.

connecting the dots would occur as a result of the E190s

I have a feeling this was because nobody knew what the E190 was going to do LOL! The E190 has really turned into a great workhorse and its dispatch reliability is really amazing. I think that became an incentive to go ahead and open up the cities instead of having wait to work the bugs out by flying the E190 between B6 MX cities first then expanding. This is IMHO by the way LOL!

jetbluefan1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:14 am

Quoting B6JFKH81 (Reply 5):
IIRC, this is in the works utilizing an E190.

Oddly enough, it's utilizing an A320.

I think this is Neeleman throwing all of us again. LOL

JetBluefan1

B6JFKH81

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:25 am

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 6):
I think this is Neeleman throwing all of us again. LOL

Love having him for a boss!!!! Keeps me on my toes!

MAH4546

Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:00 am

Some routes that would make sense for B6 are BOS-SYR, BTV-MCO and MCO-PCE. Should we expect more connecting the dots next year?

FLL-PSE has been looked at, not MCO-PSE. jetBlue's Orlando concentration is not permanent. It is a placeholder because they can't expand at FLL right now.
a.

FWAERJ

Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:12 am

I'm still hoping for B6's first Midwestern cities. STL would be nice, as would CMH... but I'm hoping for IND as well, as it's the closest major airport to me.

Why? I've been wanting to try out jetBlue with a flight to JFK on them for the longest time... but they haven't shown us Midwesterners any love for a whopping six and a half years. Yeah, I could fly to the Big Apple on CO, US, DL, or (gasp) NW, among others, but I want to fly to New York on New York's hometown airline and see what all the fuss is about. My friends in other cities that have flown B6 love them... but I can't share the same experience due to the fact that PIT is their closest city right now... and that's a 6 hour drive from here!

All in all, I like you, too, jetBlue... I just can't experience you yet.
"Did he really need the triple bypass? Or was it the miles?"

LGAtoIND

Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:50 am

I agree, IND would be a very nice surprise. That being said, tickets are pretty cheap from LGA/JFK-IND already. I just bought a DL nonstop JFK-IND in August for 97 bucks one-way. B6 probably wants to take on the dominAAnt carrier at STL.

jetbluefan1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:44 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 8):
FLL-PSE has been looked at, not MCO-PSE. jetBlue's Orlando concentration is not permanent. It is a placeholder because they can't expand at FLL right now.

It definitely makes sense to expand to Puerto Rico out of FLL. However, why not continue to concentrate on MCO as well? I'm sure those SJU and BQN flights weren't started just because JetBlue was upset with the FLL situation.

Also, how's that 4th gate at FLL for B6 coming along? Any updates?

IMO, B6 should forget about any more expansion at FLL (except PR) and start expanding at MIA. It only makes sense - no WN, small FL presence.

JetBluefan1

stl1326

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:53 am

Quoting LGAtoIND (Reply 10):
B6 probably wants to take on the dominAAnt carrier at STL.

If STL is announced, I think it will be interesting to see if AA responds if at all.

steeler83

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:01 am

Quoting LGAtoIND (Reply 10):
B6 probably wants to take on the dominAAnt carrier at STL.

Hmmm, and who would that be... Ethiopian Airlines, right??? hehehehehehh... duh...

Sorry, had to throw that in there  Smile
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

FutureFO

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:04 am

I am hoping for SDF as there has been some people from B6 out here taking a look.

Sean
I Don't know where I am anymore

united319

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:09 am

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 2):
Unlike the airlines you mention, B6 has plenty of cash/market capitalization value to weather any severe downturn. Not to mention that B6 hasn't substantially deviated from their business model (i.e. 747s JFK-Europe). Finally, B6 has a management team that has learned the lessons of all the LCC failures.

Growth is not a bad thing for jetBlue. To the contrary, it is healthy and necessary. Most of the markets they have been expanding to make sense and have lots of potential.

JetBlue as has actually reported a big loss this quarter. Instead of adding more cities with low frequencies and trying to dominate the US as the main LCC, they should use the method that has made FL so profitable; they increase the frequencies in the cities they already have.
It's Time To Fly

MCOflyer

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:27 am

What happened to MLB? I thought B6 people were down here. DL is the dominant carrier here.

MAH4546,

B6 is going to make MCO a base in 2007 for pilots and FA's. They already train people on the E190 here. MCO will become a larger FLL if FLL fails due to restrictions.

MCOflyer
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

worldtraveler

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:31 am

B6 is doing the same thing DL has done...take the same number of airplanes and fly them to alot more cities in order to reduce capacity on existing routes. DL is doing it on a worldwide scale while B6 is focusing on the US.

Cadet57

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:34 am

Ok, so I've said it a dozen times, but here goes again. BDL! Any ideas on it?
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

jetBlueNYFL

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:35 am

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 11):
Also, how's that 4th gate at FLL for B6 coming along? Any updates?

I thought jetBlue does have 4 gates at FLL - C4, C6, B8, B9????? Nonetheless, they could still use more space at FLL to further grow.

Quoting United319 (Reply 15):
JetBlue as has actually reported a big loss this quarter. Instead of adding more cities with low frequencies and trying to dominate the US as the main LCC, they should use the method that has made FL so profitable; they increase the frequencies in the cities they already have.

Excuse me? Results for this quarter have not yet been released. It will be reported on 7/25/06 and a profit is expected. How big or small, I don't know...but it's even better than break-even, after 2 tough quarters!

jetBlue learned from their mistakes and that's purposely why they are not increasing frequencies between existing cities. Do you mean connecting the dots, instead? Inreasing frequencies made no sense...8 JFK-LGB nonstops was terrible and unnecessary. Same thing with 12 JFK-FLL flights in the summer! When jetBlue has 14 JFK-FLL flights in the winter, they do very well...it's a popular route during the winter months. Right-sizing capacity on MANY routes has played a crucial part of the Return To Profitability plan.

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 16):
What happened to MLB? I thought B6 people were down here. DL is the dominant carrier here

I think Live TV is run out of MLB so there are always B6 people down there. I heard B6 people were at SAV though...CMH and STL would be great markets for jetBlue.

Does anyone know the status of CUN???
jetBlue...Bringing Humanity Back To Air Travel!

rjpieces

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:37 am

JetBlue as has actually reported a big loss this quarter.

Did I say anything to the contrary?

Instead of adding more cities with low frequencies and trying to dominate the US as the main LCC,

How exactly is jetBlue trying to dominate the US as the main LCC? They've existed for six years carefully avoiding to compete head to head with WN (but that might have already changed recently). jetBlue is interested in making money and building a succesful airline, not domination.

they should use the method that has made FL so profitable;

jetBlue learned lessons from airlines like ValuJet and incorporated most of them into their original business model. Honestly, I don't think there are many lessons from FL for jetBlue today.

they increase the frequencies in the cities they already have.

Nobody will disagree with you there. But I'll remind you that jetBlue has hundreds of aircraft on order which means that plenty of dots will inevitably be connected.

And I'd also add that connecting the dots isn't an automatic key to success; I guarantee you that jetBlue views opening these new stations (and the costs associated with them) as a better choice than connecting two dots. This means that they must view the profit potential of these new stations as higher than connecting two dots.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

daisywol

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:50 pm

Good things come to those who wait
Keep the guessing game going

jetbluefan1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:55 pm

IND and CMH are my two guesses.

STL will have to wait till early next year if you ask me.

JetBluefan1

LambertMan

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:57 pm

Quoting Daisywol (Reply 21):
Good things come to those who wait

I keep getting this feeling that I am getting setup for a big letdown. After all, some internet rumors have failed to come true in the past.   

[Edited 2006-07-12 05:58:21]

ha787

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:59 pm

my two quesses are ;
hnl from lgb/oak
and finally msp from jfk/bos

HPAEAA

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:03 pm

Quoting Ha787 (Reply 24):
my two quesses are ;
hnl from lgb/oak

May I ask how? I'm not sure I want to get on a 320 for service to HNL... that might be a little scary, that and I can't swim that well
Why do I fly???

B6767200

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:05 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 8):

MCO is defiantly growing into a focus city, and not because of the gate situation in FLL and MIA. Regardless of what happens in southern Florida MCO will continue to grow, when we start connecting the dots you will see alot of MCO action, as far as SJU and BQN they will be around even after we expand in southern florida. Loads on these flights are in the upper 80's.

As far as Fri.. I would go with CMH...  Wink

atrude777

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:05 pm

Quoting LambertMan (Reply 23):

I keep getting this feeling that I am getting setup for a big letdown. After all, some internet rumors have failed to come true in the past.

I am with you man, I am not expecting STL now at all.

Oh well

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

WMUPilot

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:06 pm

HNL is not on our target for oh say, the next 10-15 years. The 320 bearly has the range to make KJFK-KLGB in the winter jet stream. HNL has way too much capacity and the revenue from those flights is extremely low. No profit in it for us because of these and several other reasons.
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel

B6767200

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:10 pm

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 22):

checkmark 

B6WNQX

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:11 pm

Quoting HPAEAA (Reply 25):
I can't swim that well

laughing   laughing   laughing 

WMUPilot

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:14 pm

May I ask how? I'm not sure I want to get on a 320 for service to HNL... that might be a little scary, that and I can't swim that well

CBS approached us and wanted us to do "Survivor 234 - Stranded in the Wreckage of a JetBlue A320 in the middle of the pacific, because they thought the 320 could glide the last 300nm"

Look for it Fall '08.  biggrin   biggrin  biggrin 
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel

LambertMan

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:19 pm

Quoting B6767200 (Reply 29):

B767,

So St. Louis has went from a potential midwest hub to being announced next year in a matter of a week? Mmmm....

Indy

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:21 pm

I don't think IND will get it anytime in the near future.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

mrstl

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:26 pm

Quoting LambertMan (Reply 23):
I keep getting this feeling that I am getting setup for a big letdown.

IF STL is announced it will be a huge success for B6. While living in the LA area I witnessed JetBlue come into town guns blazing with advertisements at every bus stop, multiple billboards etc, etc-- their marketing campaign in LGB was everywhere.. Right now my TrueBlue card is collecting dust here in STL. Having grown up in STL and being a TWA fanatic I think it is only appropriate that an airline as innovative in it's thinking as JetBlue make a landing in STL, home of TWA, the once innovative, service oriented airline of it's time. Nobody is leaving till they sing the Blues!!  Wink

B6767200

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:35 pm

Quoting LambertMan (Reply 32):

So St. Louis has went from a potential midwest hub to being announced next year in a matter of a week? Mmmm....

I still don't know what happened, as of yestarday evrything has gone South. I will find out why... not saying it won't happen, just not yet.

Stay tuned....

[Edited 2006-07-12 06:36:11]

atrude777

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:40 pm

Quoting B6767200 (Reply 35):
I still don't know what happened, as of yestarday evrything has gone South. I will find out why... not saying it won't happen, just not yet.

Hmmph, STL is still more south then CMH  Silly
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

werdywerd

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:47 pm

ETOPS of course.
It stands for Engines Turning Or People Swimming.

stl1326

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:11 pm

Quoting B6767200 (Reply 35):

Stay tuned....

Are you kidding me. I feel really stupid thinking STL would be announced. I guess I should have known  banghead  .

B6767200

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:17 pm

Quoting Stl1326 (Reply 38):
Are you kidding me. I feel really stupid thinking STL would be announced. I guess I should have known

How do you think I feel? I started the thread, I don't know what happened but I will try to find out.  Sad

HPAEAA

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 pm

Quoting B6767200 (Reply 39):
Quoting Stl1326 (Reply 38):
Are you kidding me. I feel really stupid thinking STL would be announced. I guess I should have known

How do you think I feel? I started the thread, I don't know what happened but I will try to find out.

Maybe the HNL idea thats popped up in a couple threads including this one won out... maybe they inked a deal were Carnival will buy an Aircraft carrier B6 flies half the way, lands and carnival cruises the rest of the way! lol ok jkjk sorry its late here in the east.. had to bring it up...

Maybe they need to refortify at IAD to prep for WN beging service...
Why do I fly???

skyyblue

Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:50 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 18):
BDL! Any ideas on it?

I've never heard or seen BDL on any of our wishlists before...who knows but I don't foresee BDL. JFK-BDL -- no , BOS-BDL--hell no, Florida-BDL - yeah! but not in the near future.

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 17):
B6 is doing the same thing DL has done...take the same number of airplanes and fly them to alot more cities in order to reduce capacity on existing routes

AMEN! IMHO, some of our new bluecities will be opened with planes being pulled from the westcoast/longhaul reduction in September.

Quoting Daisywol (Reply 21):

SXM/STT/STL and or MSP -- MY 3 PICKS for the much rumored ''ALL SAINTS DAY' announcement.

Quoting Ha787 (Reply 24):
hnl from lgb/oak

LOL.PLEASE.

lowecur

Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:52 pm

Jetblue needs a midwest hub announcement pronto. Neeleman has even hinted at a midwest hub in the last few months. They can't run all these new planes to JFK, BOS, and MCO in the next 16 months. STL is the only airport that could get them up and running in the short term and they know it. If this has caused STL to take an arrogant stance on incentives, then JBLU just may try to buildout Mid-America or Gary/Chicago. I can't see JBLU holding off till next year to make a midwest hub announcement. I see it happening before Sept.

greenguy01

Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:23 pm

Quoting B6767200 (Reply 39):
How do you think I feel? I started the thread, I don't know what happened but I will try to find out.

Like I said earlier in the other thread someone is pulling our leg. And that's a great VP source that you have too... you should ask him or her what changed.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

lowecur

Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:43 pm

Quoting Greenguy01 (Reply 43):
Like I said earlier in the other thread someone is pulling our leg. And that's a great VP source that you have too... you should ask him or her what changed

What may have changed is Mgt for both SWA and AMR read these boards and decided to p/u the phone and call STL. It's not unheard of to place veiled threats of reducing service substantially if another carrier is allowed to start a hub, thus reducing any positive to a negative. If this is the case, STL needs to get it's proverbial head out of the sand and realize that AMR does not have their best interests at heart and would reduce the remaining 200 flts to 50 if JBLU never entered the market, if it served their best interests.

ERJ170

Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:56 pm

What is the chances of it being ORF? I know they are at RIC, but ORF was one of the original cities on the list..

Honestly, I could see STL.. It does seem to be B6 next logical step..

so I guess my guesses would be 2 of the following 4..

STL - 4x E90 JFK
ORF - 3x E90 JFK
CHS - 3x E90 JFK
CMH - 4x E90 JFK
Aiming High and going far..

mrstl

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:04 pm

JetBlue to service Charlotte NC
http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/060712/101983.html

I predict the other destination will be SAT..?

B6DC10

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:05 pm

JetBlue as has actually reported a big loss this quarter.

Wrong. We have not yet announced Q2 statistics. That being said, we are forecasting a PROFIT for Q2.

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 11):
IMO, B6 should forget about any more expansion at FLL (except PR) and start expanding at MIA.

MIA is tough, because it is the single most expensive airport to operate out of in the US. By expanding out of FLL, we can give customers a cheaper alternative than going to the mess that is MIA.
TriJet or No Jet At All...

mrstl

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:08 pm

Quoting Lowecur (Reply 44):
If this is the case, STL needs to get it's proverbial head out of the sand and realize that AMR does not have their best interests at heart and would reduce the remaining 200 flts to 50 if JBLU never entered the market, if it served their best interests.

I agree 100%

B6DC10

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:12 pm

Quoting JetBlueNYFL (Reply 19):
I heard B6 people were at SAV though

SAV and Charleston are DEF on the radar...I've heard that atleast one of them may come before then end of '06

Quoting JetBlueNYFL (Reply 19):
Does anyone know the status of CUN???

DL appealed the DOT's ruling for both us, and Frontier. I read the transcripts of the their appeal, and quite frankly, they're swinging at a pitch in the dirt. I don't think CUN service will start before the holidays -Nov/Dec...

IND and CMH are my two guesses.

CMH is a given...on friday morning, it'll be waiting under your xmas tree! I think STL will be not too far behind!
TriJet or No Jet At All...