cltguy

JetBlue Officially Lands In CLT

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:40 am

Well it is official now. JetBlue has landed in CLT...and on-time to boot.

Here is a report/video from one of the local news stations. If you were there today post your stories and pics. I will be out at the airport on Friday so I will snagg some pics then.

http://www.news14charlotte.com/conte...op_stories/default.asp?ArID=123356

ejmmsu

RE: JetBlue Officially Lands In CLT

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:58 am

This is really great news.... now my DL and CO fares to NYC will be lower. I'll thank B6 by waving at them as my OH or RU jet taxi's by the B6 gate.
"If the facts do not conform to the theory, they will have to be disposed of"

WMUPilot

Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:04 am

Quoting Ejmmsu (Reply 1):
This is really great news.... now my DL and CO fares to NYC will be lower. I'll thank B6 by waving at them as my OH or RU jet taxi's by the B6 gate.

Haha, we do what we can for the common traveler Ejmmsu! Glad we could cushion your pocket book!!
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel

NASBWI

Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:23 am

And, apparently, loads are pretty good for the rest of the week; not bad for inaugural service. Kudos to B6!
Fierce, Fabulous, and Flawless ;)

cltguy

Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:01 am

Here are some pics of the inagural flight courtesy of The Charlotte Observer:

http://www.charlotte.com/multimedia/...ive/mmpage/misc/jetblue/index.html

cltguy

Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:24 am

I was surprised to see how young the pilot was...we are so used to seeing the older guys here in CLT.

jetbluefan1

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:25 am

It's funny that a lot of people do this without even realizing that the LCC is the one bringing down the fares on all flights. If no one supports the LCC on the route, then eventually they will pull out and fares will go right back up. This is an all too common occurrence and I hope that people start using some minor forms of common sense when looking at flights.

I heard that CLT is booking up very strong, and with fares from $94-$199 o/w, this must be a pretty high-yielding route.

JetBluefan1

jetBlueNYFL

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:06 am

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 6):
It's funny that a lot of people do this without even realizing that the LCC is the one bringing down the fares on all flights. If no one supports the LCC on the route, then eventually they will pull out and fares will go right back up. This is an all too common occurrence and I hope that people start using some minor forms of common sense when looking at flights.

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

And what's even more sad is that those people will still patronize the older, traditional airline on the competing route...even after they screwed the customer for years with sub-standard, over-priced service! Now that a new kid's in town, they lower fares and offer bonus miles in an attempt to keep their customers...and since its effective marketing/competition, it works too often. Welcome to CLT, jetBlue! Here's to many sucessful years there!
jetBlue...Bringing Humanity Back To Air Travel!

ejmmsu

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:27 am

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 6):

Skyteam can take me to 728 destinations worldwide and almost every city in the USA with commercial air service, with all my miles accrued to a single account. Compare that to jetblue. I would still fly skyteam even if the fares were higher, and I am fully aware that my lack of support my cause B6 to find CLT not viable economically. I'm sure the huge base of US frequent fliers here in the CLT area feel the same way, only about US and *A.

SonOfACaptain

Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:40 pm

Quoting JetBlueNYFL (Reply 7):
And what's even more sad is that those people will still patronize the older, traditional airline on the competing route...even after they screwed the customer for years with sub-standard, over-priced service!

Even though that "older, traditional airline" has helped shape CLT into what it is?

-SOAC
Non Illegitimi Carborundum

steeler83

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:11 pm

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 9):
Even though that "older, traditional airline" has helped shape CLT into what it is?

Like US outsourcing some of its routes from PIT to make CLT the new fortress hub with some 500+ flights, including European and Caribbean/Central American routes...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

SonOfACaptain

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:17 pm

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 10):
Like US outsourcing some of its routes from PIT to make CLT the new fortress hub with some 500+ flights, including European and Caribbean/Central American routes...

Does anybody in PIT let anything go?  wink 

-SOAC

jetblueatjfk

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:23 pm

Well hopefully we can see some CLT expansion if all goes well.

Quoting Ejmmsu (Reply 8):
Skyteam can take me to 728 destinations worldwide and almost every city in the USA with commercial air service, with all my miles accrued to a single account. Compare that to jetblue. I would still fly skyteam even if the fares were higher, and I am fully aware that my lack of support my cause B6 to find CLT not viable economically. I'm sure the huge base of US frequent fliers here in the CLT area feel the same way, only about US and *A.

This doesn't make sense at all, you thank them for lowering the prices all over and now someone recognizes what you say and you go back at them saying that you will over pay for a flight just to be on SkyTeam flights. And well Skyteam is not one airlines and you comepare them to jetBlue. You could compare AA to OneWorld (total) and it is still a bad comparison.
Someone was agreeing with you on most terms, take it.

B6jfk airplane 

etops1

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:24 pm

just wanted to throw this out there to remind jetblue of whom they are dealing with in clt.

To: US Employees (especially to our Charlotte-based team):

In announcing JetBlue's intention to add a handful of regional jet flights from JFK to Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham yesterday, JetBlue CEO David Neeleman made the following comment "Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham have natural ties to New York, but until now, the people of North Carolina have overpaid for sub-standard service." As US Airways is the largest provider of service from Charlotte to New York, we can assume that at least some of Mr. Neeleman's remarks were targeted at us. A number of you were upset by these remarks so I thought I should share my views with you.

First, I know David pretty well and I can assure you he is a genuinely good person. That he chose to make such a remark is probably indicative of the stress that JetBlue is under and we should not take his remarks personally. JetBlue is experiencing a relative profitability decline that is unprecedented in our industry. It is probably very hard for them to hear that US Airways (who they'd counted on being gone by now) is expecting to be profitable in 2006 (excluding transition related expenses), while they have disclosed that they expect to be unprofitable.

Their problems are serious and structural: 1) they have a low cost structure that is driven primarily by a low average age (low seniority employees, low maintenance on new airplanes for three years, etc.); 2) to maintain a low average age, they must grow; and 3) there are no more growth markets in our industry (which is where our survival really hurt them). And, their problems are well appreciated by the financial markets. Since our merger, US Airways stock has appreciated over 100%, while JetBlue is down about 20%. It doesn't appear that our customers are overpaying; rather it appears that passengers aren't willing to pay JetBlue enough for them to be profitable.

Some of this is likely due to their own service. While US Airways has been the leading on-time major airline since our merger, JetBlue has been among the worst! To characterize arriving late in JFK with a TV in front of you as better service than being on-time in LGA with a first class cabin, an award-winning frequent flyer program, business clubs and a global alliance, suggests that JetBlue may be looking at the wrong service standards.

The fact of the matter is JetBlue is struggling mightily and the hard working employees of US Airways are a big reason why. Rather than get upset by their comments we should keep them in context.

US Airways is going to be here long after JetBlue -- that was not their plan and they are trying to figure out what to do about it.

We, on the other hand, know what to do -- we will compete aggressively, we will focus on running our own race and we will win. Thanks so much for taking care of our customers and please keep it up.

Sincerely,

Doug

jetBlue will not win.

SonOfACaptain

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:33 pm

Quoting JetBlueAtJFK (Reply 12):
This doesn't make sense at all, you thank them for lowering the prices all over and now someone recognizes what you say and you go back at them saying that you will over pay for a flight just to be on SkyTeam flights.

It makes complete sense. He will chose DL over B6 for all the reasons he has said. Those reasons cannot be supplied by B6, thus he, and every other frequent flyer out there, will not fly B6.

Concerning his "thanks" to B6, he was simply saying that because by having B6 coming in, his fares on DL will be lower.

-SOAC

steeler83

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:45 pm

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 11):
Does anybody in PIT let anything go?

Awww come on, man... I am over that already and that post really wasn't directed to the PIT dehubbing. It was simply about how US built up CLT. Actually, according to an article in the PostGazette, Charlotte is attracting a lot of Pittsburghers... to live and work!!!

B6 in CLT should be rather interesting to watch  Smile
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

ejmmsu

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:57 pm

This doesn't make sense at all, you thank them for lowering the prices all over and now someone recognizes what you say and you go back at them saying that you will over pay for a flight just to be on SkyTeam flights.

Yes indeed. He called my decision to continue flying skyteam "sad". I wanted to point out why it is not "sad", but rather a very intelegent thing to do.

And well Skyteam is not one airlines and you comepare them to jetBlue.

Skyteam, due to their recriprocal mileage agreements and seamless interlining is practically a single airline from a passengers standpoint. I can fly any combination of skyteam legs on the same itenerary, and only have to check in once. I can also get all my miles credited to the same account. Jetblue is not a member of any international alliance. It is a very fair and prudent comparison to compare skyteam to B6.

you could compare AA to OneWorld (total) and it is still a bad comparison.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. AA is in oneworld. I feel Oneworld is inferior to Skyteam, but all three major alliances are vastly supeior to B6 in destinations served. Most CLT fliers are members of US, which is in Star. The comparison to B6 is valid for all three alliances.

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 14):
It makes complete sense. He will chose DL over B6 for all the reasons he has said. Those reasons cannot be supplied by B6, thus he, and every other frequent flyer out there, will not fly B6.

Concerning his "thanks" to B6, he was simply saying that because by having B6 coming in, his fares on DL will be lower.

Thank you... my thoughts exactly (and put a little more succinctly than myself)  Smile

jetBlueNYFL

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:51 pm

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 14):
Those reasons cannot be supplied by B6, thus he, and every other frequent flyer out there, will not fly B6.

"Every" is a pretty powerful word. Maybe "majority" is more appropriate for the point you're trying to make. Keep in mind that jetBlue doesn't only/always "steal" business but they "create" business. There are mantty frequent flyers who will fly jetBlue JFK-CLT. The advance bookings look great already. Also, many elite customers at legacy airlines are sick and tired of some crazy policies and more are switching over to LCLF's for domestic travel.

cltguy

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:30 pm

In the paper this morning it noted that CEO David had to fly down to CLT in the cockpit jumpseat as the plane was fully booked. He did state that if the strong bookings continue for 3-4 months that jetBlue would then start adding flights.

etops1

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:01 pm

have a good time with this while you can. because trust me, it will not last.

CentPIT

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:16 pm

Well hopefully we can see some CLT expansion if all goes well.

Does Charlotte have the gate space? New construction would be needed right?

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 15):
Charlotte is attracting a lot of Pittsburghers... to live and work!!!

Raleigh has a huge Pittsburgh presence, and I mean huge.
Pittsburgh International: US Airways---160 daily departures! (52 destinations)

jetblueatjfk

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:02 am

Quoting Ejmmsu (Reply 16):
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. AA is in oneworld. I feel Oneworld is inferior to Skyteam, but all three major alliances are vastly supeior to B6 in destinations served. Most CLT fliers are members of US, which is in Star. The comparison to B6 is valid for all three alliances.

No I was simply comparing an airline to an alliance. So what if you can share miles, it is not the same airline and not one airline has those 728 destinations, it is a an alliance and you cannot compare one airlines to a group of airlines saying that a group is better than one which is true. Just be thankful that B6 is bringing down the prices for you otherwise you would still be paying high prices on the route.

Quoting Etops1 (Reply 19):

Why would you say that, US will run them out?? I don't believe they want to waste their money on this route when they are still stabilizing. Plus people in NY will fly B6 to CLT and not switch over to US since B6 is very well known here. Maybe B6 PAX from CLT might decline over time but NY PAX will probably increase or stay the same. US shouldn't waste money and time on JFK-CLT, they could work on LGA-CLT and have presence in JFK/CLT but running B6 out will be hard for them and a waste.

Quoting CentPIT (Reply 20):
Does Charlotte have the gate space? New construction would be needed right?

Well B6 has D6 right now with 4 arrivals and 4 departures a day, so if they time everything right they could get about 5 more flights out of the gate. And plus when they start cities they always time it so they can add some flights and leave open flight numbers.

B6jfk airplane 

ejmmsu

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:09 am

Quoting JetBlueAtJFK (Reply 21):

No I was simply comparing an airline to an alliance. So what if you can share miles, it is not the same airline and not one airline has those 728 destinations, it is a an alliance and you cannot compare one airlines to a group of airlines saying that a group is better than one which is true. Just be thankful that B6 is bringing down the prices for you otherwise you would still be paying high prices on the route.

One certainly can very validly compare one airline with an entire alliance. The simple fact is that NW, CO, and DL (who i fly) are indeed a member of a worldwide alliance, and B6 is not. B6 does not serve the vast majority of the places I routinely travel to. They also do not offer the seamless and hassle-free flying to 728 destinations, with all my miles credited to one account.

CentPIT

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:24 am

Well B6 has D6 right now with 4 arrivals and 4 departures a day, so if they time everything right they could get about 5 more flights out of the gate. And plus when they start cities they always time it so they can add some flights and leave open flight numbers.

Why would B6 take two gates in Pittsburgh then? B6 only has two more daily flights in and out of Pittsburgh than Charlotte. I do know PIT has two RONs from B6. I have to assume the extra gate in PIT is for expansion reasons then.

How many gates are not used in CLT?

richierich

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:40 am

I'll thank B6 by waving at them as my OH or RU jet taxi's by the B6 gate.

Too bad you'll have to twist and contort yourself to look out of that CRJ window as you pass by. I'm not sure you'll have enough room to wave!
None shall pass!!!!

ejmmsu

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:05 am

Quoting Richierich (Reply 24):
Too bad you'll have to twist and contort yourself to look out of that CRJ window as you pass by. I'm not sure you'll have enough room to wave!

This is true on OH, but not on RU.

cltguy

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:13 am

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 10):

CLT was a US fortress hub long before PIT was dehubbed. In fact there were a couple years where PIT and CLT would sea-saw as to who was the largest hub.

Just like AirTran which has about doubled since starting service in CLT I think that jetBlue will do well. At the same time I don't think that US has much to worry about.

KarlB737

Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:38 am

steeler83

Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:10 am

Quoting Cltguy (Reply 26):
In fact there were a couple years where PIT and CLT would sea-saw as to who was the largest hub.

That I did not know about. And yes, I think I know that CLT was the fortress hub before PIT was dehubbed. They began cutting service in what, 2001/early 2002? And PIT was dehubbed in December 2004, while there were some 220 or so daily flights left. Of course, that number has dwindled down to under 180...

Anyway, B6 should do well in CLT. According to today's PostGazette article regarding PIT, CLT is among the top 5 most expensive airports in the country. B6 should definitely help out with that!!!

jetBlueNYFL

Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:23 am

Quoting KarlB737 (Reply 27):
More Media Reports

Great reports, thanks for posting!

Kind of reminds me what AA said about LGB, what DL said about NYC-FL and what CO said about EWR...all those just to name a select few routes where jetBlue exceeded expectations.

CLT-JFK/BOS is a large enough market to accomodate jetBlue service and every city in America welcomes this great airline with open arms. JetBlue provides jobs and a better experience at a fair price to customers!

jetbluefan1

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:57 am

Today I was at Six Flags Great Adventure waiting in line for Kingda Ka (I took the day off to bring my family to see Tony Hawk). There was a son and a father standing in front of us. They were talking to the DJ (the park has an array of entertaining DJ's on all their major attractions in order to distract the people in line as they wait) and we all found out that they're from North Carolina.

Pretty soon, we started talking and I found out that they were from just outside Charlotte and had flown into Kennedy the day before. I simply asked him "JetBlue?" and he said, "Yes, we were on the first flight!" He then told me that it was $94 and it was a "pretty good fare", also adding that "US Air" (I guess no one calls them US Airways) was more expensive .

Out of curiosity, I asked him how he found out about JetBlue. Apparently, they advertised pretty hard in the CLT area. He also added, "there was a lot of stuff going on at the airport. Lots of people and festivities."

I know I cannot base one person's experience on what I believe JetBlue's success will be. However, something tells me that they will do very well there and will stick around for quite a bit, despite what others on this thread may believe. The bookings seem very strong and people in the CLT area know about them. Seems good to me.

JetBluefan1

DL4EVR

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:24 am

Plus people in NY will fly B6 to CLT and not switch over to US since B6 is very well known here

And US isn't? Ever been to LGA?

Quoting Ejmmsu (Reply 22):
One certainly can very validly compare one airline with an entire alliance. The simple fact is that NW, CO, and DL (who i fly) are indeed a member of a worldwide alliance, and B6 is not. B6 does not serve the vast majority of the places I routinely travel to. They also do not offer the seamless and hassle-free flying to 728 destinations, with all my miles credited to one account.

Exactly!!!! Even if you want to take B6 to JFK to connect to Europe...can you get all your boarding passes at once? No...you have the take the airtrain to get to the next terminal. Can your B6 miles be redeemed on any other airline??? No...no one else in the industry wants to codeshare, partner, etc. with them!! However, miles earned on US, DL, AA, etc. can be redeemed on dozens of different airlines.
B6 will probably last as long in CLT as they did in ATL.

[Edited 2006-07-14 04:25:23]
We Love To Fly And It Shows.

FLAIRPORT

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:26 am

Quoting Cltguy (Reply 18):
In the paper this morning it noted that CEO David had to fly down to CLT in the cockpit jumpseat as the plane was fully booked. He did state that if the strong bookings continue for 3-4 months that jetBlue would then start adding flights.

I think he says that at every city.
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

ha787

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:41 am

maybe B6 can give US/Hp some competetion on the CLT-LAS rote.

ejmmsu

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:10 pm

Quoting Ha787 (Reply 33):
maybe B6 can give US/Hp some competetion on the CLT-LAS rote.

You will see WN run that route before B6 even thinks about it.

Mountainridge

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:48 pm

Quoting DL4EVR (Reply 31):

Wow...another "educated" comment by someone who worships the widget! You can't really make comments like that until you actually see CLT route performance, which you will never see since it is all internal.

jetbluefan1

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:56 pm

I highly doubt that. I really, really do. ATL was launched from underdeveloped LGB and OAK. CLT has been launched from B6's home base - JFK, where everyone knows about them and most people enjoy them. Lots of connecting traffic as well.

I forgot to add in my last post...the guy I was talking to said the people next to him in the airport were flying to BDA via JFK. I guess the fares were lower for a connecting flight with JetBlue than a non-stop with US.

JetBluefan1

FCYTravis

Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:58 am

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 36):
I guess the fares were lower for a connecting flight with JetBlue than a non-stop with US.

Of course the fares are lower for connecting traffic. B6 *has* to offer a much lower fare to get anyone to inconveniently fly CLT-JFK-BDA as opposed to the non-stop CLT-BDA. That lower fare means they aren't going to make as much money on that itinerary as they would selling it to two customers CLT-JFK, JFK-BDA. US, meanwhile, can charge a price premium for the convenience of non-stop service. How much of a premium, of course, is the question.

Connecting service is always lower-yield than non-stop service.
USAir A321 service now departing for SFO with fuel stops in CAK, COS and RNO. Enjoy your flight.

jetblueatjfk

Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:18 am

And US isn't? Ever been to LGA?

Yes I have, I used to go about 4 times a month for like 7/8 years straight when family came in to visit my grandma and now I just go like once a month. But what I am getting at is B6 has more ads in NYC and they are well known, while US is to but jetBlue is thought about more, like more poeple will think to B6 and other LCC's in the area nowadays first and then go check usair.com

That is compeltely wrong and why you think that makes me wonder. Like I said before US shouldn't waste money on B6 CLT-JFK, they know jetBlue will be stiff competitors. Also ATL has 2 big carriers forcing a lot on them. As of now I see one carrier forcing not really that much on them at all. They will stay in CLT, don't be so pessimistic.

B6jfk airplane 

jfklganyc

Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:47 am

"Yes I have, I used to go about 4 times a month for like 7/8 years straight when family came in to visit my grandma and now I just go like once a month. But what I am getting at is B6 has more ads in NYC and they are well known, while US is to but jetBlue is thought about more, like more poeple will think to B6 and other LCC's in the area nowadays first and then go check usair.com"

US Airways does next to no advertising in NY. They are living off their glory days at LGA from the early 90s. Today, US at LGA is described more like this:

1. A beautiful terminal worn to the bone: torn carperts, dirty ceiling tiles, marked paint on the walls, flickering lights

2. A handful of mainline flights to CLT, PIT and FLL along with a few more Sat flights to the Carib.

3. A distant second shuttle service (albeit a nice one) without a dedicated fleet

4. A fleet of regional aircraft that looks like an Aviation Heritage Museum on what used to be mainline gates
Saabs
Dash 8s
ERJs
CRJs
flying into second tier cities such as Elmira, Corning, and Binghamton.

There was a time when 737s left LGA with flights to FLL, MCO, TPA, JAX, RSW, PBI, Greensboro and 757s went to PIT and CLT.

There was a time when SHUTTLE titles were proudly displayed on a dedicated fleet.

There was a time when Adopt a Highway signs displayed USAirways Shuttle ads.

Those days are long over.

jetBlue will do fine on this route.

But I don't understand all the fuss. US doesn't even fly the route that B6 is flying. So what's the problem? B6 saw an unserved route to a fortress hub and started flying it. Why would US have a problem with that? They don't even serve JFK, America West does.

PJ

flyguy1

Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:06 am

Quoting JFKLGANYC (Reply 39):
US doesn't even fly the route that B6 is flying.

That will all change in September, when US starts CLT-JFK, 3x per day.
727, L1011, MD80, A300, 777-200, 737-300, 737-700, 747-400, 757-200, 737-800, A320. E190, E135, 767-200, CRJ9

STT757

Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:22 am

US Airways does next to no advertising in NY. They are living off their glory days at LGA from the early 90s. Today, US at LGA is described more like this:

1. A beautiful terminal worn to the bone: torn carperts, dirty ceiling tiles, marked paint on the walls, flickering lights

2. A handful of mainline flights to CLT, PIT and FLL along with a few more Sat flights to the Carib.

3. A distant second shuttle service (albeit a nice one) without a dedicated fleet

4. A fleet of regional aircraft that looks like an Aviation Heritage Museum on what used to be mainline gates
Saabs
Dash 8s
ERJs
CRJs
flying into second tier cities such as Elmira, Corning, and Binghamton

I actually agree with you, US Air(ways) is not using their slots and gates properly at LGA (IMO), AA, B6, CO, UAL would do better with those assets. CO is almost halfway there as they actually own the US Airways LGA terminal.

US Airways has way too many DH-8s and not enough 737s or A320s flying from LGA.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

CentPIT

Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:21 pm

There was a time when 737s left LGA with flights to FLL, MCO, TPA, JAX, RSW, PBI, Greensboro and 757s went to PIT and CLT.

I hate to tell you, times change!

Quoting STT757 (Reply 41):
US Airways has way too many DH-8s and not enough 737s or A320s flying from LGA.

Well, maybe in your opinion, but to be profitable on some routes, a DH8 might be all thats needed!

jfklganyc

Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:16 am

"I hate to tell you, times change!"

They sure do. That's why B6 is a powerhouse in NY. US really isn't anymore.

PJ

jetblueatjfk

Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:52 am

Quoting Ejmmsu (Reply 22):

Then don't fly B6 anymore. You can go fly them a and pay more for miles, B6 is there for lower costs than a lot of the legacies and mostly I have noticed lower walk up fares plus they are here for Domestic Markets out of JFK and some Caribbean markets. Once they start flying to Chicago they basically have all the top US markets from JFK. Also do you think that flying on Skyteam is hassle free. If you go into the CO Increases IAH-JFK thread and you go down to when they start babbling about seamless connections it is turned around. There is TR posted about this problem and in the travels of may relatives of mine that I make them tell me all about (lol) this seems to happen not just rarely. You cannot say that is is seamless when going to another airline, even if they are in an alliance, things are not perfect at DL CO and NW with perfect connections.

Quoting CentPIT (Reply 23):
How many gates are not used in CLT?

I don't really know for sure but I remember hearing their are not to many gates, unless things have changed.

Quoting JFKLGANYC (Reply 43):
They sure do. That's why B6 is a powerhouse in NY. US really isn't anymore.

That is what I am getting at DL4EVR.

B6jfk airplane 

FCYTravis

Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:24 am

US doesn't have enough planes to fly all those routes out of LGA. People forget just how many aircraft they've gotten rid of in the past 5 years.
USAir A321 service now departing for SFO with fuel stops in CAK, COS and RNO. Enjoy your flight.

ejmmsu

Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:52 am

Quoting JetBlueAtJFK (Reply 44):
Then don't fly B6 anymore.

I have never flown B6

You can go fly them a and pay more for miles, B6 is there for lower costs than a lot of the legacies and mostly I have noticed lower walk up fares plus they are here for Domestic Markets out of JFK and some Caribbean markets

From my home airport, CLT, the only destination served n/s is JFK. There are some limited connection oppourtunities, but overall a very limited number of destinations when compared to skyteam.

Once they start flying to Chicago they basically have all the top US markets from JFK.

ATL ?
DFW ?
CVG ?
STL ?
IND ?
CLE ?
DTW ?
MSP ?

These are just a sampling of the major metro areas that B6 can't take me. Not to mention the vast majority of the 728 destinations worldwide that skyteam can take me and B6 can't. Also, B6 in Chicago is purely speculation, and until there is an announcment, that leaves one of the largest and most important cities in the USA without B6 service.

Also do you think that flying on Skyteam is hassle free. If you go into the CO Increases IAH-JFK thread and you go down to when they start babbling about seamless connections it is turned around. There is TR posted about this problem and in the travels of may relatives of mine that I make them tell me all about (lol) this seems to happen not just rarely.

I have flown the follwing mixed skyteam iteneraries with no problem during check-in or having my bags checked all the way.

NW/CO
NW/DL
NW/KL
NW/AF
CO/KL

It sounds as if the problem is the Allitalia in this case, which I will admit is probably the weakest link in skyteam. I can say though, that the number of seamless connections far outnumber anything thats been described negatively here. My experience is very, very good with skyteam.

I looked over the flights I have taken over the past year.. here were my domestic destinations....

TUP SPS DFW OKC MEM GTR DCA LAX SFO MSP MDW

The only two metro areas that B6 can take me to from CLT from that list are LAX (LGB) and SFO (OAK), and would require an out-of-the-way connection in JFK. It is clearly smart for me to keep my allegience with skyteam.

DL4EVR

Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:44 am

Quoting Ejmmsu (Reply 46):
I have never flown B6

Believe me...you're not missing much.

Quoting Ejmmsu (Reply 46):
ATL ?
DFW ?
CVG ?
STL ?
IND ?
CLE ?
DTW ?
MSP ?

Those aren't top markets!!! Neither are LAX or SFO....only LGB and OAK!
How much kool aid does this guy drink (b6atjfk)?? For god's sake he has an orgasm every time B6 announces a new destination!

[Edited 2006-07-15 21:45:26]

[Edited 2006-07-15 21:46:05]
We Love To Fly And It Shows.

HPRamper

Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:44 am

Quoting FCYTravis (Reply 45):
US doesn't have enough planes to fly all those routes out of LGA. People forget just how many aircraft they've gotten rid of in the past 5 years.

Starting in November, this will begin to change.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos