JAT
Topic Author

PPL Ground School

Thu Jun 22, 2000 10:50 am

When ever people talk about getting a PPL it doesn't seem like many people talk about the ground school aspect. I would like to know what you do in ground school for a PPL, what pre-requsite knowledge is required, how the tests are etc....

Thanks for your help,

JAT

flyf15

RE: PPL Ground School

Thu Jun 22, 2000 12:26 pm

I finished up ground school just over a year ago. Don't really remember the day to day idea, but we went through a multi-hundred page book, all on flying. We did such things as calculating performace, how aircraft fly, weather, what to do when a system fails, how all the systems work, right-of-way procedures in the sky, and many many other things. My class (took it in school) was a semester long, then i studied for a few weeks, then took the written. It is a somewhat long test, taken at a local testing center. I recieved a grade of 92%.

flywithken

RE: PPL Ground School

Thu Jun 22, 2000 12:26 pm

when i took Private ground school, they tought me everything i needed to know for the tests. I KNOW that you must study because most of the info is new. Very little of what i learned was "OLD" info.

KEN

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos