rwsea

AS To Get Rid Of Free Meals On Mid-Cons

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:10 pm

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/s...006/07/10/daily36.html?jst=b_ln_hl

AS to start charging $5 for a meal on SEA-ORD/DFW/ANC/FAI, wheras a warm snack is currently offered. Yet another drop in the service quality of Alaska Airlines - the airline that used to use the slogan "for the same price, you just get more". First class will be given the "$5 meal" for free according to this article. This won't sit well with first class passengers that get "standard" first class meals on the same routes with AA/UA (in the case of ORD and DFW).

ikramerica

RE: AS To Get Rid Of Free Meals On Mid-Cons

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:20 pm

Quoting RwSEA (Thread starter):
This won't sit well with first class passengers that get "standard" first class meals on the same routes with AA/UA

CO doesn't pull this crap on SEA-ANC either.

Hopefully the $5 meal will be good, but F deserves better than a $5 meal in plastic basket or whatever.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

Outlier

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:20 pm

I've never been a big fan of airline food, but the AS Coach sandwich has often been tastier to me than just about anything I've gotten in First.

I wonder if the carry on limit will change to be: 1 personal item, 1 carry on, 1 pizza box or fast food bag

MCOflyer

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:32 pm

When we go to ELM, were flying CO because of my wonderful experience on them. My dad used to fly AS quite a bit to SEA. Hes going to be pissed. Is this the result of menzies hitting a/c? LOL.

Is the meals still being charged for the MCO run?

MCOflyer
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

FATFlyer

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:42 pm

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 1):
Hopefully the $5 meal will be good, but F deserves better than a $5 meal in plastic basket or whatever.

From alaskasworld.com:
"During morning mealtime flights, Alaska Airlines’ Northern Bites meal option will be a freshly prepared breakfast skillet, initially featuring a hearty breakfast of seasoned potatoes, scrambled eggs and grilled reindeer sausage. On lunch and dinner flights, the Northern Bites program will offer a turkey chipotle sandwich wrap with salsa or a quarter-pound U.S. Angus Beef cheeseburger with potato chips.
Breakfast picture at
http://www.alaskasworld.com/NEWS/2006/07/14_meals.asp
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

ikramerica

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:53 pm

Freshly prepared my butt. That's a microwave safe plastic dish just like I get at the store. Still looks better than a lot of coach food, but not better than what you would normally get in F.

Quoting Outlier (Reply 2):
I've never been a big fan of airline food, but the AS Coach sandwich has often been tastier to me than just about anything I've gotten in First.

Who's F are you flying? While I appreciate a good sandwich, I've had some rather nice F meals, too.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

rwsea

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:09 pm

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 3):
Is the meals still being charged for the MCO run?

No - flights to Florida and the Northeast will continue to have free meals. However, I wouldn't be surprised if these went to buy-on-board in the next year or so as well. AS started this with Mexico, now moving to flights over 3 hours but not transcons. I think we'll see BOS/EWR/DCA/MCO/MIA in this category soon enough.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos