ExRUAgentatDAL
Topic Author

Interview With B6 At IAD

Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:37 am

Hey all,

I have an interview with B6 at IAD next week...any pointers from the B6 crew members on a.net?

Thanks,

Chris
"The views expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of AirTran Airways"

NASBWI

RE: Interview With B6 At IAD

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:12 am

Be yourself  smile ; that's probably the best advice I can give you. I remember when I went to the review for the inflight position, someone quoted David Neeleman as saying "If you aren't good at customer service, you'd better be damned good at faking it". Aside from being yourself, it's always a good idea to be customer service-oriented (with alllll that that entails). Things can get rough, particularly when it comes to IRROPS (irregular operations), and customers, unfortunately, wind up being inconvenienced - sometimes for several hours, depending on the situation. When that happens, hell can break loose...it's up to all of us to 'lasso hell back in' and keep it tied up  wink . If you can handle that, then welcome aboard! What position are you interviewing for? Good luck!
Fierce, Fabulous, and Flawless ;)

ExRUAgentatDAL
Topic Author

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:18 am

Ya, I know how irregular ops can be... had my fill with CO to Newark  ) But ya, it can be a tense situation on occassion.

Its the Customer Service Crew position on the ramp...I love the ramp.

Chris

[Edited 2006-07-18 03:19:09]
"The views expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of AirTran Airways"

SurferX

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:30 am

B6 must be on a hiring rampage...I just got a phone call today for an interview on Wednesday at LAS for Ground Crew...

Of course, I'll let everyone know how it goes...

BTW, is it easy to transfer to another position if it becomes available at B6? I don't think I'll last in the heat out here and if a CSA position opens up, I'd like to take it...

Thanks!

NASBWI

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:37 am

It depends, SurferX. B6 stopped hiring for inflight and flight crews (at least for now), but they are apparently still hiring for other positions (ground crew, CSA, etc). As far as transferring positions, I'm not sure how long it takes, but I do believe you have to be committed to one position for a year before transferring to another. Don't quote me on that, but I'll try to find out more.

SurferX

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:46 am

Cool...Thanks! Not that it matters or anything...I think I'll enjoy it either way...

ExRUAgentatDAL
Topic Author

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:50 am

SurferX,

Looks like we will be in FL for 2 weeks together if we both get hired... or did they ask if you were available to go somewhere else?

B6 Crews,

What are the pass agreements like now...I know when I left COEX we still didnt have an agreement with B6.

Chris

NASBWI

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:58 am

I don't want to divulge too much info, but put it this way: B6 (as of right now) doesn't have many agreements with US majors, but you can still get around the country quite easily - and much of the world, with a little more planning - with the agreements that we do have. Cheers!

SurferX

Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:31 am

^^ They told me I'd possibly go to MCO for 10 days...So yeah! It looks like we'll be down there together...At least I'll technically know someone. LOL!

neilalp

Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:31 pm

I would advise knowing the 5 JetBlue Values.

http://www.jetblue.com/workhere/culture.html

And know what your best value is and why that makes you a good choice for the company.

That and just like any other interview, be yourself.

Best of Luck!

crogalski

Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:09 pm

Quoting Neilalp (Reply 9):
I would advise knowing the 5 JetBlue Values

I didn't know them, and I got hired, just 4 months after I turned 18  Smile

I was just myself, and was patient.

Don't bring your cellphone, if you do, shut it off.
A319 A320 A321 A330 B717 B727 B737 B747 B757 B767 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 DC9 E145 E190 MD88 Q400 | AA AB B6 CO DL EI FL NK

ExRUAgentatDAL
Topic Author

Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:10 am

Ok.... it's tommorrow  Smile Wish me luck.

folov

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:05 pm

nervous??? good luck

LH417AF025

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:05 pm

good luck buddy. i will keep my eyes peeled for a newbie at the B6 counter............  Smile

ExRUAgentatDAL
Topic Author

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:15 pm

Not really nervous.... kinda excited....hence the reply at 1:13am when I should be asleep.

LH, I will be on the ramp, so just look out the window...as the new guy I am sure I will be the bin b****....but I dont mind.

Chris

malaysia

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:16 pm

Quoting SurferX (Reply 3):
BTW, is it easy to transfer to another position if it becomes available at B6?

NO it is not easy to get exempted in less than 1 year. B6 has a rule that you cannot transfer to another location till after 1 full year of service at the specific station you got your first job at. you can transfer to another department or position in 6 months as long as its at your current station (LAS). you will have to wait 1 full year technically to go to LGB or JFK or any other B6 station. or resign after 6 months and try applying at another location.

very rarely they may allow a transfer in less than 12 months, but I would not
count on it.

Its why I really never considered B6 for a job outside New York, cause I would not waste 12 full months at IAD or some other station before trying to get into corporate in New York. 6 months for all complete transfers for all jobs and for all stations is what attracts me with an Airline.
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

ExRUAgentatDAL
Topic Author

RE: Interview With B6 At IAD **Update**

Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:22 am

Well it went well, supprisingly there was only 9 people at the group interview, a 10th showed up about 30 minutes late and was politely turned away.

I seemed to be the only one prepared for this interview. NO ONE could answer any questions about the company but me....thanks to some a.net subscribers.

I basicly was told to be quiet because it was apparant that I knew what was going on with B6, and let others try to answer. I found it unusal that people don't study up on the company they are interviewing with. And the most common answers to why they wanted to work for B6 was one, that someone told them they should apply and two,I just want to work for an airline and B6 flys out of IAD.

But anyway... at the end they had one-on-one interviews and I was the last one... she told me that I should be getting a call in the next couple days to schedule my drug test, physical tests, etc. And be prepared to go to MCO August 30th for 2 weeks of training at JetBlue University. They didn't tell me I was hired....but I feel really, really good about it.

Thanks for all the pointers on here and will keep yall updated

Chris

P.S. - MDW / STL / CUN

[Edited 2006-07-25 19:23:10]

crogalski

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:03 am

An early, Welcome Aboard!
A319 A320 A321 A330 B717 B727 B737 B747 B757 B767 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 DC9 E145 E190 MD88 Q400 | AA AB B6 CO DL EI FL NK

stl1326

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:36 am

Quoting ExRUAgentatDAL (Reply 16):
P.S. - MDW / STL / CUN

What does that mean? Glad your interview went well...

jetbluefan1

Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:36 am

Quoting ExRUAgentatDAL (Reply 16):
P.S. - MDW / STL / CUN

Wait...did you ask the interviewer?!

MDW? What?!

Hmmm...

This shall be interesting, but considering that 3 more cities are supposed to be added this year, you could be on to something.

JetBluefan1

Hannigan

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:33 am

Hey I'm on the B6 team at IAD. I can tell you from experience that you can go just about nonrev anywhere you need to go on quite a few major airlines. You can't go anywhere on Delta or American, and United is ID90 or something, but just about everyone else is "fee waived" - meaning free! I'm going to SAV this weekend but does B6 fly there? Nope.

Welcome aboard and see ya soon if you get the call!

Chris
We got planes! We got gates! What the hell!

ExRUAgentatDAL
Topic Author

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:09 am

Stl1326 and JetBluefan1

Just cities that were mentioned during the general info session.

Hannigan,

Nice to meet ya... hopefully will know for sure soon. Will msg you off list have a few questions for ya.

Chris

ExRUAgentatDAL
Topic Author

Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:29 am

Well its been just over a week.... still no word  Sad hmmm

Chris

MattRB

Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:46 am

Quoting ExRUAgentatDAL (Reply 22):
Well its been just over a week.... still no word

Been almost a month since my 2nd interview - with a different airline, not B6. Took almost two months to get to the 2nd interview (large volume of applicants). Waiting on an anticipated callback.

Hang in there & good luck!
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

malaysia

Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:05 pm

Quoting Hannigan (Reply 20):
You can't go anywhere on Delta or American

Yeah I heard about the AA thing, B6 use to have an agreement with AA, but a nonrev B6 employee got into a fight with agents at the AA counter (I think it was JFK), so American immediately pulled the benefits for all employees at B6.

I am glad I work for an airline that has better interline agreements than B6. Since AA and DL do have some value.
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

jetblueatjfk

Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:05 pm

Quoting Malaysia (Reply 24):
Yeah I heard about the AA thing, B6 use to have an agreement with AA, but a nonrev B6 employee got into a fight with agents at the AA counter (I think it was JFK), so American immediately pulled the benefits for all employees at B6.

I am glad I work for an airline that has better interline agreements than B6. Since AA and DL do have some value.

There are more airlines then AA and DL. They can go on most of the other airlines. It is of no loss to them not flying on them.

I have seen American pilots on B6 but I guess they paid for the flight. I mostly see a lot of US/B6 employees flying each other. That seems to be B6's biggest nonrev partner. But not having AA or DL isn't anything to go on about.

B6jfk airplane 

werdywerd

Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:14 pm

Looking at our interline agreement list, B6 has agreements with about 86 other airlines. This includes a few legacies here in the US (Minus AA and DL). That is more than enough for B6 crewmembers to make it anywhere around the world.

I also see American pilots and flight attendants here at JFK flying us all day long. They fly us for free, no questions asked. It is sad that AA decided to pull the plug due to one isolated problem.

SurferX

Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:16 pm

ExRU...

They're probably doing your background check...I wouldn't worry too much about it...

See you at MCO!

malaysia

Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:02 am

Quoting JetBlueAtJFK (Reply 25):
But not having AA or DL isn't anything to go on about.

Latin America

by they way are you aware that the B6 pass bureau does not offer a refund for many of its interline ID agreements, they offer ID90-NONREFUNDABLE, so you use or lose.

ExRUAgentatDAL
Topic Author

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:42 am

UPDATE:

Well after about 2 weeks of no letter or call from B6, I emailed the person who sent me information on the group interview. They advised that a letter was sent out on the 31st, but I still had not recieved it a week and a half later. I asked if she could tell me what it said, and she told me she couldn't but would send another letter Monday. So far its not lookin good.

Meanwhile FL offered me a job today at IAD, and YX called me today and wanted to know if I was interested in a job at DCA...so the hunt continues..

Chris

GMUAirbusA320

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:29 pm

Quoting ExRUAgentatDAL (Reply 29):

Quoting ExRUAgentatDAL (Reply 29):
Meanwhile FL offered me a job today at IAD, and YX called me today and wanted to know if I was interested in a job at DCA...so the hunt continues..

Chris

ExRUAgentat DAL,
I wouldn't even worry about it. Worse-case scenario, take the job with FL. I used to work for B6. I worked there from 2002-2004, and it was definately a memorable experience. It was then, when B6 had less than 10 flights a day, and the experience really showed. I had to leave B6 due to school, so I opted out. I spent almost 2 years on Ramp, Customer Service, and recieved every branch of training for customer service. It was enriching and rewarding, but I'm happy where I'm at now. Go to FL, get your read on (in college), and step back from the airline industry (unless you work for WN). When you're done with school, if you want, go try to advance by working in corporate.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but B6 may not hire you. But, for all I know, they might be running behind on background checks too. I tell everyone I know, B6 isn't for everyone. I tried to get promoted to FT Lead, but it didn't work out. There are a TON of jobs open, but it's not that easy to get out of IAD (due to the high attrition rate). After I left B6, I ended up on the Student-Flex Program with DH, and eventually was promoted to Supervisor (6 months before their demise). The airline business is a great place, but just because you can't work at one place, doesn't mean you won't enjoy, and possibly advance at another.

Best of luck to you man. I'm off to work my non-airline job, Public Relations! Hell, if you need a gig, I work for a college staffing company called ROCS (www.rocsstaffing.com), just let me know.

Best regards,
GMUAirbusA320