Carfield
Topic Author

New Bangkok Airport Hotel Option

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:22 am

Hi all,

Anyone has any information regarding airport hotels on the new BKK airport opening at the end of September? I always transit through BKK airport and occasionally stayed overnight and wonder if anyone has insiders' information regarding this kind of facility.

Carfield

malaysia

RE: New Bangkok Airport Hotel Option

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:37 am

I thought there was another delay on the opening just recently, I may be wrong, but right now the BTS wont reach the airport till around Fall of 2007 and its rather far from the City.

About Transit, I am sure they will have some hotels in the vicinity by then, but right now you only have options in Bangna Suburb.

[Edited 2006-07-20 17:42:55]
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

CX Flyboy

Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:06 am

The opening date is set for September the 28th although there is much speculation in the Thai press that this date may be delayed further although the government is confident it will stand.

As for hotels, there is nothing great nearby and in fact many airlines which plan to move their crew hotel to near the new airport are having great difficulty finding anywhere suitable.

thai747

Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:17 am

Novotel Suvarnabhumi Hotel is supposedly ready for the speculative opening of the airport on September 28th, the Accor site isn't giving much away though.

Carfield
Topic Author

Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:44 am

WEll after November, the rate will go up to 5000Baht/131USD per night... that is a bit pricey for Bangkok's hotel... but then compared to the current Amari hotel, Novotel hotel seems more promising.

Thanks for all the information!

I read from the Bangkok's English paper earlier this week. The managing director seems to be very firm in opening the airport on September 28, but then lots of facilities are still not ready though. Even TG F/J lounge may not be completely finished by then. Some airlines don't even get to submit their F/J lounge plan yet. It is interesting to see how it turns out on September 28. There had been rumors that the move will take place in stages with some domestic flights remaining at Don Muang... I guess that is no longer true. Everything will be moved to the new airport on September 28... but BKK has some midnight flights... I wonder how those flights will be affected....

Carfield

N503JB

Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:21 am

Quoting Carfield (Reply 4):
Everything will be moved to the new airport on September 28... but BKK has some midnight flights... I wonder how those flights will be affected....

I believe those mid-night flight remain departs from the current one.
On the other hand, 2 week ago I visited to the new BKK airport. Novotel Suvarnabhumi Hotel just one minutes walked away from the passenger terminal.

Regards
HKIA Ramp Spotters

Lufthansa747

Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:40 am

Quoting Malaysia (Reply 1):
BTS wont reach the airport till around Fall of 2007 and its rather far from the City.

BTS won't ever reach VTBS AFAIK. The train link may have a connection to BTS at On Nut and then continue to somwhere - Hua Lampong??.

One has to wonder why the hell they want all these different companies - BMCL operating the subway is already a different one and you need a separate ticket. Not to even mention the buses being yet another company...

Apart from Novotel Suvarnabhumi, the only close option would be Novotel Bangna I think. I don't have a clue about the road connections, but if you can get to the expressway network quickly, a trip to an easily accessible hotel like JW Marriott (Suk 2) or Conrad (Wireless) shouldn't take much longer than from the current airport. From where I live, it takes just 5 mins on the expressway for the 10 kms to the JW once you hit the expressway, and VTBS is probably 15-20kms away from here.
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos