InTheSky74
Topic Author

B6 Discontinued EWR-SJU In September!

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:02 pm

I haven't seen anyone discuss it here on Airliners....

But did anyone notice that JetBlue has discontinued the EWR-SJU flight(s) in September?

Rob

Cory6188

RE: B6 Discontinued EWR-SJU In September!

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:04 pm

Do you mean that they discontinued them just for the month of September or discontinued permanently, as of September? If they are discontinued permanently, I can't say that I'm too surprised - the flight times were very limited and they never seemed to command any sort of substantial yields on the route.

skyyblue

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:34 pm

The route is permanently discontinued. Only since the summer have the planes left full. I can remember many flights in the 30's and 40's.

B6FA4ever

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:39 pm

seems about right. i just went to jetblue.com and looked at some dates. i've narrowed it down to Sept 11, 2006 when the last non-stop flight ends. starting 9/12/06 any passengers wanting to go from EWR to SJU will have to connect through MCO.

though it sucks to lose the non-stop flight...at least our passengers still have the option to get there through Orlando.

~B6FA4ever

BigGSFO

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:40 pm

Quoting SKYYBLUE (Reply 2):
The route is permanently discontinued.

B6 is demonstrating that they have low tolerance for under performing routes. AA is often criticized on this forum for doing the same thing, but if it isn't making money, then B6 is doing the right thing. They can deploy the assets elsewhere.

Touchdown777

Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:35 pm

B6 also did this with the non-stop JFK-SDQ route (flights 421/422). Being that they already fly to STI ... there were reasons for not having both destinations.

T7
Made in the USA

dutchjet

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:29 pm

That Jetlue quietly cancelled its EWR-SJU service is quite interesting, I was (wrongly) under the impression that EWR-SJU was one of the better performing JetBlue routes out of EWR....as far as loads and yeilds, I was clearly wrong if they are dumping the route. This is the second route that JetBlue has dropped out of EWR: EWR-TPA was dropped a few months ago although some say it will be returning for the busier winter season.

A couple of things to consider:

1. JetBlue's plans for EWR did not work out exactly as planned....operating out of CO's EWR hub is a different enviornment than at JFK. CO must be given credit for putting up a very good defense against JetBlue at EWR.

2. On a more general note, this shows that every route that JetBlue opens is not going to work out and JetBlue is facing the same issues as other carriers with respect to loads and yeilds. Its especially interesting that EWR-SJU did not catch-on....it would seem like a "no-brainer" connecting a NYC airport (JetBLue is stongest at its NYC homebase) and SJU, a highly travelled route with lots of VFR and leisure traffic looking for reasonable fares. I am not being anti-JetBLue, its just becoming clear that its not going to be simple for JetBlue to find profitable routes for keep their rapidly growing fleet busy.

skyyblue

Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:11 pm

Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 6):
SJU was one of the better performing JetBlue routes out of EWR....as far as loads and yeilds

Not out of EWR. It only recently started picking up - definately due to summer. So many times this plane was only booked to 25 - 40 people...it was sad really.

some say it will be returning for the busier winter season

One daily roundtrip restarts 9/14/06

[Edited 2006-07-21 14:12:23]

FLAIRPORT

Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:17 pm

so will we see EWR-SJU return next summer?
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

nkops

Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:18 pm

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 4):
B6 is demonstrating that they have low tolerance for under performing routes

Nowadays, all airlines should have a low tolerance for under performing routes.

I'm curious to what the longest running route that loses money is??? Anybody??
:evil:

B6DC10

Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:25 pm

I was (wrongly) under the impression that EWR-SJU was one of the better performing JetBlue routes out of EWR....as far as loads and yeilds, I was clearly wrong if they are dumping the route.

You were right, the loads were fantastic. When the flight first started in Nov through around President's day, you couldn't get a seat. Between March and June, the loads were terrible. Again now, they're back up - supporting two non stops most of the week. The general thinking in pulling this flight was that the equiptment would better serve the company on a higher yield route, and is in no way a reflection of the general operation @ EWR. The fact of the matter is, I know several AA FA's that have told me that we have been hurting their EWR-SJU route since we launched. We are still very happy about the performance @ EWR. TPA is coming back thanks to customers going on the website and "telling us where to fly" Welcome back TPA!
TriJet or No Jet At All...

COEWRNJ

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:05 pm

Quoting B6DC10 (Reply 10):
I know several AA FA's that have told me that we have been hurting their EWR-SJU route since we launched

Could this be because you are hurting their yeilds? I know when I booked a EWR to SJU trip it was right around $200. The flights were pretty full and I only booked a little over a week in advance. I paid more to go to PBI and booked a few months in advance.

northwestEWR

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:51 pm

I'm not really suprised, EWR is CO's baby and they aren't going to give it up or even let someone compete with them. CO will viciously protect EWR to the bitter end and isn't going to let B6 expand and make money.
Northwest Airlines - Now You're Flying Smart

jetbluefan1

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:59 pm

Quoting FLAIRPORT (Reply 8):
so will we see EWR-SJU return next summer?

I honestly would think so. Those planes are going out extremely full everday until mid-August.

As far as the route being cut (for as long as we can book on jetblue.com right now), I'm not surprised. The yields in the winter were truly terrible - $79 o/w isn't going to make anyone money, especially when only 25 people are flying on that plane.

On the other hand, JetBlue did pull down some EWR-Florida frequencies and from what I've heard they're very impressed with the results. I like the idea of EWR being a Florida-only city for JetBlue as that's really the only market I see them being able to successfully compete in. In addition, if people really want to fly to SJU via B6, they can connect in MCO.

JetBluefan1

deltadawg

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:00 am

That is too bad for B6. However, I am not too surprised. The honeymoon is over and the hard work is now ahead for B6. I do believe this is the first of several routes to be cut and maybe even some cities that may be underperforming.

I am not wishing them bad luck or anything. I have flown B6 3-4 times and it was fine but not the best thing since sliced bread. Could it be that in the EWR market that the majority of customers are used to a more "Legacy" type service that offered FC, more destinations, etc.? I hope B6 does well but they cannot be everything to everybody all the time.

Could EWR be another ATL for B6?
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

MAH4546

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:23 am

Quoting Touchdown777 (Reply 5):
Being that they already fly to STI ... there were reasons for not having both destinations.

STI and SDQ are nowhere near each other.

Quoting Nkops (Reply 9):
Nowadays, all airlines should have a low tolerance for under performing routes.

It, sadly, is not that easy. Often one underperforming route can positively contribute towards feed for other routes.
a.

MalpensaSFO

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:36 am

The route is permanently discontinued

Yes, another B6 route from EWR bites the dust...

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 4):
B6 is demonstrating that they have low tolerance for under performing routes

Funny a few months ago everyone was saying how much money the route made..
TO FLY IS TO SERVE

jetbluefan1

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:42 am

Quoting MalpensaSFO (Reply 16):

No one ever said that EWR-SJU was a moneymaker. It was actually pretty crappy since its launch. The only time the route should be making money is the summer, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.

EWR-Florida wasn't that great this past year, but with the reduced frequencies and higher fares, the routes should be performing a lot better.

JetBluefan1

BigGSFO

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:44 am

Quoting MalpensaSFO (Reply 16):

Aw come on Malpensa...you should know by now that the Blue Crew on A.net claims every route B6 operates is packed and profitable. Then when it gets suspended/cancelled, there is a gasp of disbelief.  Smile

Could this route cancellation have anything to do with the 5 buses being leased away?

MalpensaSFO

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:54 am

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 18):
Aw come on Malpensa...you should know by now that the Blue Crew on A.net claims every route B6 operates is packed and profitable. Then when it gets suspended/cancelled, there is a gasp of disbelief

LOL....

Great one, I know there always seems to be an excuse for a failed route from someone everytime an airline cuts a route. Makes me think of AA cutting DFW-LIM and blaming WN... LOL... NW dropping JFK-NRT to use the plane elsewhere? ...LOL... Or B6 saying that they couldnt make ATL work, as they needed the plane elsewhere?...LOL... Always an excuse..
TO FLY IS TO SERVE

daisywol

Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:21 am

As i said before, you must drink the blue kool aid everyday and chant along with all the other B6 crewmembers

jfklganyc

Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:32 am

"Yes, another B6 route from EWR bites the dust..."

I'm assuming you mean TPA, but yet . . .

'Daily nonstop service between Newark, NJ and Tampa Bay, FL (TPA) starts September 14, 2006.' www.jetblue.com

PJ

crogalski

Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:38 am

EWR-TPA was dropped a few months ago although some say it will be returning for the busier winter season.

Yep, it's going to be a seasonal flight for TPA. Eventually a fulltime E190 schedule.

[Edited 2006-07-21 18:38:51]
A319 A320 A321 A330 B717 B727 B737 B747 B757 B767 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 DC9 E145 E190 MD88 Q400 | AA AB B6 CO DL EI FL NK

jacobin777

Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:59 am

Quoting B6DC10 (Reply 10):
You were right, the loads were fantastic. When the flight first started in Nov through around President's day, you couldn't get a seat. Between March and June, the loads were terrible. Again now, they're back up - supporting two non stops most of the week. The general thinking in pulling this flight was that the equiptment would better serve the company on a higher yield route, and is in no way a reflection of the general operation @ EWR. The fact of the matter is, I know several AA FA's that have told me that we have been hurting their EWR-SJU route since we launched. We are still very happy about the performance @ EWR. TPA is coming back thanks to customers going on the website and "telling us where to fly" Welcome back TPA!

When a carrier is selling tickets for $39 each way (or whatever it was), its rather difficult to make money even if the planes are at 100% full capacity....

B6 took a chance...didn't work out...move on.......good business decision.. checkmark 
"Up the Irons!"

jumbojet

Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:04 am

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 13):
if people really want to fly to SJU via B6, they can connect in MCO.

why would someone, anyone want to connect on jetblue to anywhere? Aren't they more or less a point to point airline? Just the thought of having a layover on Jetblue isnt a very comforting feeling.

letsgetwet

Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:31 am

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I still predict that eventually B6 will leave EWR completely.

jetbluefan1

Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:39 am

Quoting Jumbojet (Reply 24):
why would someone, anyone want to connect on jetblue to anywhere? Aren't they more or less a point to point airline? Just the thought of having a layover on Jetblue isnt a very comforting feeling.

I'm assuming you're talking about the delays? I agree that flying out of EWR all together isn't the most comforting feeling - as there are ground delays almost everyday.

However, price talks. Whether or not CO raises its fares once B6 pulls the non-stop route will dictate whether or not people will connect in MCO.

JetBluefan1

jetbluefan1

Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:42 am

Quoting Letsgetwet (Reply 25):
I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I still predict that eventually B6 will leave EWR completely.

You won't get flamed if you back up your argument with valid facts.

I personally disagree with you. I thought that SJU was an oddball route from the get-go, but I also thought that BUR-JFK was odd too (and look how successful it has been). Obviously the JetBlue execs. know more than we do, but I guess they miscalculated on this one.

On another note, I don't think we'll see anymore expansion at EWR. The five Florida cities seem to make the only sense to me. Nothing more. But nothing less, either. I don't see them pulling out.

JetBluefan1

jetblueatjfk

Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:47 am

EWR-TPA was dropped a few months ago although some say it will be returning for the busier winter season.

Except for the fact they are restarting the route.

I saw this coming. It started off with horrible times and if they started off with good times it could have done better. Not all late night flights are top sellers.

B6atJFK airplane 

dutchjet

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:04 am

I dont think that JetBlue will drop EWR completely, but I do think that JetBlue will fine tune its routes out of EWR and focus exclusively on the popular routes to/from Florida where JetBlue has the most stregnth. There is a marketing aspect here......JetBlue offers service from the three major NYC airports to key Florida cities which keeps its loyal following in the NYC area happy. I dont think that we will see much further expansion from JetBlue at EWR for the time being.....why should they expand at EWR (and have to fight CO with every move) when there are far better opportunities acorss the rivers at JFK? At JFK, JetBlue can pretty much do want it wants with domestic expansion........AA is not doing much and DL is far more interested in international routes out of JFK than creating a full-blown hub at the airport.

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 27):
I thought that SJU was an oddball route from the get-go

I am gonna disagree there....EWR-SJU is not an oddball route, its a route that should have worked due to the huge amount of traffic between the NYC area and San Juan, its strange that JetBlue could not make this route work and I, quite honestly, am puzzled by their lack of success. Also remember that the JetBlue cheerleaders all suggested that EWR-SJU would be the first of many JetBlue routes from EWR to the Caribbean, now that the route has been dumped, I dont think its fair to simply write it off as an odd-ball route.

Quoting JetBlueAtJFK (Reply 28):

Except for the fact they are restarting the route.

I saw this coming. It started off with horrible times and if they started off with good times it could have done better. Not all late night flights are top sellers.

B6atJFK

You make a point with the timing......most pax dont like red-eyes and odd flight times, especially when there is an altnerative, I agree that JetBlue pushed their luck with EWR-TPA. The seniors and second home crowd that dominate on this route are really not interested in arriving in TPA in the middle of the night. JetBlue is relaunching this route, and with one or two reasonably timed flights per day, they should be able to make this route work even with CO competition.

klwright69

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:12 am

I tend to agree..... I like how you said "eventually." I started a thread awhile back about B6 at EWR. My observation, noted by studying CO's website, was that CO was "throwing absolutely everything but the kitchen sink" at the routes where they were going head on against B6. Every route. In the thread, a flood of folks responded by how B6 was doing fantastic, CO would have to tolerate them there, and B6 would probably be adding at EWR, not taking away. It was said B6 could tolerate anything CO could dish out.

On another note, I don't think we'll see anymore expansion at EWR. The five Florida cities seem to make the only sense to me. Nothing more. But nothing less, either. I don't see them pulling out.

This is debatable.

You won't get flamed if you back up your argument with valid facts.

How are "facts" defined as what you "see?"

Obviously the JetBlue execs. know more than we do, but I guess they miscalculated on this one.

Of course insiders know more than we do! But airline execs in general have made plenty of screwups in history. It wouldn't be the first.

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 14):
That is too bad for B6. However, I am not too surprised. The honeymoon is over and the hard work is now ahead for B6.

WELL SAID! No one ever said running an airline was an easy endeavor!

luv2fly

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:16 am

One problem with the flight is it is pushing it to catch a cruise on the outbound from EWR and on the return it is way to late for the return from SJU.
You can cut the irony with a knife

dutchjet

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:23 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 31):
One problem with the flight is it is pushing it to catch a cruise on the outbound from EWR and on the return it is way to late for the return from SJU.

I agree.....the JetBlue flights did not work at all for passengers taking cruises in and out of SanJuan (which is a huge market).....the value minded folks looking for a cheap flight to get to/from their cruise could not fly with JetBlue.

jetbluefan1

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:25 am

Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 29):
I am gonna disagree there....EWR-SJU is not an oddball route,

I should have clarified. The flight times seemed to be a bit "oddball." I know that JetBlue runs a lot of Caribbean red-eyes out of JFK, but that's their hub and they have a lot of feeder flights from Upstate NY, BTV and now PWM. On the other hand, EWR has no feed and the flight got into SJU at 3:30am - about an hour earlier than most of JetBlue's other Caribbean flights.

Quoting Klwright69 (Reply 30):
How are "facts" defined as what you "see?"

What? I was simply stating that if he had facts to back up his opinion, then it would make his argument more valid. Figures from the DOT, a look at walk-up and advance-purchase fares, etc. are all good ways to evaluate JetBlue's performance in EWR. However, while I don't feel like looking up the DOT stats right now, I can tell you that those flights have been going out FULL everyday since the end of June, and advance-purchase fares start at $99 o/w (which is much higher, believe it or not, than JetBlue's previous fares at EWR).

Don't underestimate JetBlue's following in the NYC area. A lot of people drive from NJ to JFK to fly JetBlue - and if you don't believe me, go to Terminal 6 one day and count those Jersey license plates (as someone who goes there about once a month, I can guarantee you'll see at least 5 in the baggage pick-up zone). Because of this following, I have confidence that JetBlue will be able to maintain an EWR presence. However, like I said before, JetBlue miscalculated on the SJU route and had to cut frequencies to Florida in order to make things work. Therefore, I have reasonable evidence to believe that their overall operation is more profitable there now than it was in the past, but there is also less suggestion of growth opportunities.

But, quite honestly, I don't see B6 pulling out of EWR. NYC is their hometown and CO, while a formidable competitor, is also more down-to-earth than DL was at ATL.

JetBluefan1

MalpensaSFO

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:42 am

Quoting JFKLGANYC (Reply 21):
'Daily nonstop service between Newark, NJ and Tampa Bay, FL (TPA) starts September 14, 2006.

Isnt this the second year in a row Jet Blue has announced this?  wink 

Quoting Crogalski (Reply 22):
Yep, it's going to be a seasonal flight for TPA. Eventually a fulltime E190 schedule.

Is this a contradiction of sorts -

Seasonal, Fulltime?
TO FLY IS TO SERVE

jetbluefan1

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:34 am

Quoting MalpensaSFO (Reply 34):
Isnt this the second year in a row Jet Blue has announced this?

Um...no. This is the first time JetBlue is reinstating EWR-TPA service.

Quoting MalpensaSFO (Reply 34):
Is this a contradiction of sorts -

Seasonal, Fulltime?

He said that for now, the service is seasonal. However, eventually it will become year-round E190 service. A reason that it is not yet operated by the 190's is because the EWR ground crew hasn't been trained to operate on them just yet.

JetBluefan1

B6FAN

Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:48 am

I am pretty sure EWR-SJU will come back for busy seasons...
JetBlue Airways...

dutchjet

Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:57 am

The route is permanently discontinued.

Quoting B6FAN (Reply 36):
I am pretty sure EWR-SJU will come back for busy seasons...

I think that we have a difference of opinion in the JetBlue camp.

skyyblue

Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:15 am

Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 37):
I think that we have a difference of opinion in the JetBlue camp.

LOL.  Silly . Maybe, but thats ok. As long as we're making money on the route, I'd love to see it come back. That was one of my favorite pairings. JFK-EWR (shuttle) EWR-SJU-EWR EWR-JFK(shuttle) with deadhead pay.  thumbsup 

letsgetwet

Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:33 am

Quoting SKYYBLUE (Reply 38):
LOL. . Maybe, but thats ok. As long as we're making money on the route, I'd love to see it come back. That was one of my favorite pairings. JFK-EWR (shuttle) EWR-SJU-EWR EWR-JFK(shuttle) with deadhead pay.

It must cost a ton of $$ to shuttle an aircaft back and forth between JFK and EWR!

LTU932

Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:55 am

Quoting SKYYBLUE (Reply 7):
Not out of EWR. It only recently started picking up - definately due to summer. So many times this plane was only booked to 25 - 40 people...it was sad really.

I presume this means it was mostly, if not only, VFR traffic on EWR-SJU. Am I correct with that?

skyyblue

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:51 pm

Quoting Letsgetwet (Reply 39):
It must cost a ton of $$ to shuttle an aircaft back and forth between JFK and EWR!

The aircraft stays in EWR. JetBlue has a car that drives this shuttle. Good time to sleep!

jetBlueNYFL

Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:00 pm

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 14):
That is too bad for B6. However, I am not too surprised. The honeymoon is over and the hard work is now ahead for B6. I do believe this is the first of several routes to be cut and maybe even some cities that may be underperforming.

Folks, first please notice that this statement is coming from someone at DELTA. The airline that lost a great deal of customers to the newer, hipper jetBlue Airways.

What's with this "honeymoon over" crap? jetBlue never had a honeymoon to begin with. They followed the same basic steps in starting up and growing a company, just like any other in any industry. Sure, jetBlue changed some things around and was very unique but in a good way.

The honeymoon is long over at Delta, on the other hand, where even their better Song product failed to compete successfully with jetBlue. Please don't say it was an experiment - if they were making money, it would have stayed...operating under Chapter 11 or not. They had many flights with loads in the 30%-50% range, fares LOWER than jetBlue and the same economic situation with high fuel costs. Not to mention their 757s which (don't get me wrong I love Boeing and the 757) are not good planes for a LCLF operation.

The first of several routes to be cut? Well, jetBlue has already cut ATL and SDQ due to poor performance...so it won't be the "first." jetBlue also cut IAD-SMF. It is common business sense to cut an unprofitable route and to redeploy the equipment on a more lucrative route. What would be the purpose of staying in a market that makes no money? Delta, and every airline out there, does this on a normal basis. DL greatly cut service at DFW and CVG. US cut a lot at PIT. AA cut LGB. And the list goes on and on... jetBlue is no different in that respect.

Quoting Jumbojet (Reply 24):

Predicting anything like this in the airline industry is crazy...things happen that we would never think. jetBlue, for years before EWR launched for them, had lots of customers who "begged" them to servce EWR, in addition to JFK. From what I hear, it was actually more asked for than LGA! EWR-FLL can definitely sustain the capacity and I'm sure PBI, RSW, MCO can do fine as well out of EWR.
jetBlue...Bringing Humanity Back To Air Travel!

CentPIT

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:47 am

Quoting JetBlueNYFL (Reply 42):
The first of several routes to be cut? Well, jetBlue has already cut ATL and SDQ due to poor performance...so it won't be the "first." jetBlue also cut IAD-SMF. It is common business sense to cut an unprofitable route and to redeploy the equipment on a more lucrative route. What would be the purpose of staying in a market that makes no money? Delta, and every airline out there, does this on a normal basis. DL greatly cut service at DFW and CVG. US cut a lot at PIT. AA cut LGB. And the list goes on and on... jetBlue is no different in that respect.

I agree...in my opinion B6 should pull out of EWR! CO is not going to let them make a large profit with the hub there. B6 should be going into markets without hubs. PIT is a perfect example. B6 should drop every route that isn't making money, in my opinion, it is the only way to success! US is now profitable in PIT because they are running the routes that have heavy travel, and can be profitable with a few daily flights.
Pittsburgh International: US Airways---160 daily departures! (52 destinations)

SpazolaJBLULGB

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:18 am

Quoting FLAIRPORT (Reply 8):

I'm sure we will,we have added another TPA-EWR in Sept.No worries, why waste fuel on East Coast routes that are seasonal,when we can do better with more flights out West!!! My wife is a F/A for us and did the EWR-SJU turn and it was full so, maybe someone in FSC is looking ahead when the kids return to school!! Howbout, Lgb-Phx-JFK,BOS,IAD. Those would sell all day long!!!"SPAZ"

SpazolaJBLULGB

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:41 am

[quote=JetBlueNYFL,reply=42][/quote Ah, miss enformed grasshopper! Our ATL flights did well once the "DELTA CURSE" was lifted . Air Trans leasing 320's was a joke! One of my Capt friends flew that route Lax-Atl on the Ryan 320's and he said it was miserable and he's verticaly challenged!!! Their 176 config is good,if your use to flying 73 700's. But, cross country its a joke,plus, how can you make money leasing an A/C and Pilots??? Those Atl flights were full every night once were eastablished there!!! And SDQ the problem was bags, when you are trying to move your car parts there one block at a time it adds up!!! Like here in Phx with AWA on the Mexico 73 flights!!! "SPAZ"