Eirules

Flying SQ From DUB

Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:35 am

I recently flew from DUB-SGN (via SIN) with SQ. The flight operated from AMS and I was under the impression that SQ routed most of their Irish passengers through AMS. However you can now book directly from DUB on the SQ website and the flights are operated via LHR with BMI (though the website says EI and BD are their flight partners and passengers from Ireland can route through LHR, MAN, AMS, CDG, FRA).

My question is. Have SQ moved their Irish passengers off the AMS route due to this being overfull with passengers originating in AMS? Or is is due to them trying to get increased bookings on the LHR routes with the A380 due to start in the near future?
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

boysteve

RE: Flying SQ From DUB

Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:23 am

Quoting EIRules (Thread starter):
My question is. Have SQ moved their Irish passengers off the AMS route due to this being overfull with passengers originating in AMS? Or is is due to them trying to get increased bookings on the LHR routes with the A380 due to start in the near future?

It's probably an alliance thing. I presume that the DUB-AMS flight was either EI (one world) or KL (sky team). Therefore a move to LHR and BD keeps the connection within Star Alliance. As for the A380 thing, if the AMS route is full with pax originating there then surely the A380 would be a contender for that service too.

EI787

Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:36 am

Quoting Boysteve (Reply 1):
I presume that the DUB-AMS flight was either EI (one world) or KL (sky team).

It would have been EI, as KLM do not fly to DUB themselves - they codeshare with EI.

boysteve

Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:44 am

Quoting EI787 (Reply 2):
It would have been EI, as KLM do not fly to DUB themselves - they codeshare with EI

Thanks, thats interesting to know and apologies for not checking. I just presumed that KL flew to DUB given that they fly 7 times a day to MAN!

EI787

Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:51 am

Quoting Boysteve (Reply 3):
I just presumed that KL flew to DUB given that they fly 7 times a day to MAN!

Yeah, I often wonder why KLM don't fly themselves to Dublin when they fly to so many regional airports in the UK.

They codeshare on services from ORK and DUB to AMS.

boysteve

Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:54 am

Quoting EI787 (Reply 4):
Yeah, I often wonder why KLM don't fly themselves to Dublin when they fly to so many regional airports in the UK

Exactly, several daily flights to Leeds, Humberside, Newcastle etc but no Dublin!

Eirules

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:30 am

I heard somewhere that CityJet are goingto start flying DUB-AMS once their new aircraft arrive. This would prob make sense as they already operate the AF services from DUB-CDG so now that AF/KL are the one, why not operate KL servces to DUB
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....