CXCPA
Topic Author

CX Pilots May Go On Strike Again!

Fri Jun 23, 2000 10:05 pm

CX pilots may go on strike again in this summer. They will have a vote on 4th July to decide what they do in this summer. The reson is the extra work, holiday, just something like this(I don't know the details), not salary/wages this time. What are the Cathay Pacific and CX pilots doing now? They always make the travellers in trouble. Just the Hong Kong Airport Authority which manage the Hong Kong International Airport get benefit from strike because the CX planes park at the airport for a very long period.

Pacific

RE: CX Pilots May Go On Strike Again!

Sat Jun 24, 2000 3:51 pm

A close friend of mine taking CX to Kuala Lumpur from HK for a university interview. She then has to fly back on CX real quick for a University of HK interview. If she gets grounded, I'd love to mailbomb CX. (Joke).
CX should not push their pilots over the limit to exhaustion. They should not scedule flights when they are incapable of flying them without the pilots working overtime. The pilot's attutude is pretty destructive however and they should instead threaten CX in a future strike let's say from October if CX management doesn't cut the number of flights from that month. It takes ages to plan flights as most pax demand advanced booking.

Airbus_A340

Sat Jun 24, 2000 8:50 pm

Dear CXCPA and Pacific
This is just a ruhmer....CX is not pushoing their pilots far.

ok, how many times a week does a pilot work (depending on long haul and short haul) compared to other jobs?
They should feel lucky, i would work more to take their place.

I would know......my dad, uncle and brother work for cathay =)

trev*
People. They make an airline. www.cathaypacific.com

Airbus_A340

Sat Jun 24, 2000 8:50 pm

when i say work for them i mean that they are pilots for cathay.

trev*
People. They make an airline. www.cathaypacific.com