trb10

Flybe Up Card Charges Again!

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:10 pm

I see Flybe have increased card charges again, £1.99 per passenger per one way flight for a credit card and 99p per passenger per one way flight for a debit card. It really angers me when mobile phone companies are having prices capped, the BBC licence fee is capped, yet companies can charge what the hell they like for you paying by card when that's the only way you can pay for your tickets, and they can get away with it. I wouldn't mind if it was per booking quite so much but per passenger is taking the ****.

acelanzarote

RE: Flybe Up Card Charges Again!

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:03 am

I can understand Credit card charges, (just) when they have to pay
a percentage, but Debit cards should be no charge surely???
Who else charges for using a debit card??????????
Another money making scam, Easyjet does not charge when using
a debit card.......
from the Island with sun and great photo's.. Why not visit Lanzarote

blueflyer

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:15 am

Unless I'm wrong, one of the conditions to get a merchant account with a credit card company in the US is to never charge extra to process a payment by credit card compared to other forms of payments (cash or check).

Do credit card companies apply different terms in Europe, or is it a case of the airlines never having been called on it?
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has no clothes.

mhodgson

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:11 am

I can understand a credit card charge, sort of (why airlines charge it when no other retailers do is beyond me). A debit card charge is ridiculous.

What gets me is the way it is per passenger, per sector. So, if a family of four travels EXE-AGP-EXE, they get charged £16 - but the card charge to FlyBE will be EXACTLY the same as if one person flies on the same flight. I'm amazed they can get away with making the charge per person per sector.
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

trb10

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:02 am

I know, I wish there was some organisation that could get involved and make them change these ridiculous charges.