AA Wants To Start Early Talks On A New Pilot Deal

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:30 am

Courtesy: Dallas Morning News

American Wants To Start Early Talks On A New Pilot Labor Deal

http://www.airportbusiness.com/artic.../article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=7290

roseflyer

RE: AA Wants To Start Early Talks On A New Pilot Deal

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:39 am

It wouldn't surprise me if AA redid the contract to pay more, but get better productivity out of employees. It is overall a good way to increase flying of its pilots to cover the system with the retirements that have gone on without having to bring back more people. With today's incredible cost of providing benefits, it is much cheaper to pay fewer people more money to work harder. I think regardless though, the pilots deserve some of the concessions that they offered in 2003 back. There has been a huge improvement in the financial situation of American, and its pilots took a hit in order for American to build up a cash reserve in the billions.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

NYC777

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:24 am

They also want to get pilot and F/A pay issues out of the way so they can buy planes.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

tinpusher007

Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:54 am

At least they're being proactive.
"Flying isn't inherently dangerous...but very unforgiving of carelessness, incapacity or neglect."

Fleet Service

Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:45 am

Had an interesting conversation with a pilot this afternoon on the interphones about this.

The company has its heart set on getting E-175/90's on the property,and will toss the pilots a bone in the form of a rate increase in exchange for a loosening of the APA scope clause.

The pilot I was speaking with was in favor of it, provided the growth these new airframes didn't come at the expense of the mainline.

Time will tell if this idea bears fruit.
Yes, I actually *do* work for an airline,how about you?