rjpieces

Why AA Switching Some T9 Flights To T8 At JFK?

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:45 am

Just wondering why certain international flights that are supposed to depart out of T9 at JFK have been leaving from T8 lately? In particular, I've noticed that AA 64 has been switched to T8 several times in the past week including today. The signs when entering JFK instruct passengers checking into Tokyo, London, Zurich and a few other places to go to T9...Is this still the case for checkin even if the flights are departing T8?
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

rjpieces

RE: Why AA Switching Some T9 Flights To T8 At JFK?

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:36 pm

Again today (7/25) it is in T8...
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

NYC777

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:48 pm

I thought they were in the process of starting to tear down T8? Is the new concourse in T9 complete?
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

rjpieces

Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:25 pm

Quoting NYC777 (Reply 2):
I thought they were in the process of starting to tear down T8?

That doesn't happen until early 2007.

Quoting NYC777 (Reply 2):
Is the new concourse in T9 complete?

They are building the new concourse of T9 now that will allow T8 to be torn down.

ContinentalEWR

Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:02 am

Terminal 8 is a dump. It is filthy, poorly ventilated, and a disgrace. I flew out of there last time on AA to EZE in October 2005. The gate areas are tight and windowless, and flights were departing to GRU, LHR, ZRH, and EZE all from the same cluster of gates.

ContinentalEWR

AlitaliaMD11

Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:09 am

Quoting ContinentalEWR (Reply 4):
Terminal 8 is a dump.

I'll second that. I flew Iberia to MAD back in August 2004 and we left from this very small cramped gate area were we where sharing space with an American flight to Santo Domingo and a Finnair flight to Helsinki. The place was crowded and dark with very little sitting room and only three windows but they where blocked off with pieces of wood. It felt very claustrophobic. Thankfully Iberia switched over to Terminal 7, a really great terminal but I think that Terminal 4 at MAD is nicer.
No Vueling No Party

Starlionblue

Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:15 am

I would agree that T8 is a dump. That's why it is being torn down soon. T9 is clean, spacious and well lit, not to mention easy to navigate. Even the Admiral's Club is pretty decent, although no where close to a BA lounge. Expect the T8 replacement to be on the lines of T9.
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos