fxramper

JetBlue First Class, Where Are You?

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:21 am

Hearing so much about the AUS-BOS and AUS-JFK n/s service by B6. It all sounds great.

What is up with B6 not having a F class? I'm sure they could come up with some great new edition to premium classes.

Any comments on this are appreciated.

I took this one the other day at AUS.

aloges

RE: JetBlue First Class, Where Are You?

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:31 am

Aren't they a low cost carrier? I mean, it's the whole business model of an LCC that doesn't allow for F class! Think about it, a B6 F pax could and would expect amenities such as lounges, which add expenses. Then bear in mind fleet interchangeability can lower costs, but what would happen if an all-economy B6 plane needed to be replaced but only an F+Y plane was available? The left-behind passengers wouldn't be too happy.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Hannigan

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:36 am

The whole plane is first class jeez. (someone was going to say it eventually)
We got planes! We got gates! What the hell!

jetBlueNYFL

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:37 am

Not having different cabins greatly reduces costs. Especially in this day in age, when the majority of first class seats are paid for with miles or elite status upgrades it is not that lucrative any more.

Also, jetBlue does not fly extremely long haul international, so their max flight duration is 6 hours east-west...although the space would be nice, there is much room with 32-34" (or 36"+ in the exit rows), a 1" wider seat and excellent IFE. The only thing lacking is a gourmet meal...but bring one of your own onboard for less than eating a crappy airline meal! Free snacks are good though.

Plus, on jetBlue...it's jetBlue class! No first class seats.....no second class citizens!
jetBlue...Bringing Humanity Back To Air Travel!

skyone

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:54 am

They are into a market segment not tackled correctly by other airlines. They target the middle to high manager in medium and short houl flights. And with their prices they get the companies to sign deals with them. This way, the manager can NOT choose the airlines and the company does it for him/her. This happens at a british bank subsidiary in USA (where I use to work) that flys a lot between NYC and Buffalo where the head quarters are. So everyone gets to fly Jetblue, jejeje. And for the short flight it is great having PTV. Excelent strategy by Jetblue LCC system with semi-premium service.

skyyblue

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:02 am

Quoting FXramper (Thread starter):
I'm sure they could come up with some great new edition to premium classes.

My dream come true. Something a la FL.

Quoting Aloges (Reply 1):
I mean, it's the whole business model of an LCC that doesn't allow for F class!

Air Tran comes to mind when I think of a successful LCC Business Class. I'm sure the business traverlers are very greatful to have the more personal and quiet cabin for a little extra cash.

[Edited 2006-07-26 02:07:44]

fxramper

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:55 am

I love the marketing behind the radio ads for B6. With the caller asking if the Direct TV is gonna be on his bill because he doesn't want his coworkers knowing he's gonna enjoy the PTV on his flight, instead of working.

Would love to see a J class on their new Airbus.  bouncy 

Garri767

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:55 am

airTran is the perfect example, as they operate a very successful (and comfortable , ive experienced Big grin) business class and it gets a lot of attention from pax.

Garri767
Two wrongs may not make a right, but three lefts do!

SpazolaJBLULGB

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:40 pm

[quote=Garri767,reply=7][/quoI hope you enjoyed the XM Radio on that Air Whatever flight which was installed in MCO by Live Tv owned by B6!!! Since when has an MD-80 been more comfortable than a A-320 except for maybe Midwest Express with 80 pax on it? "SPAZ"

EridanMan

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:08 pm

Perhaps this is because of my active dislike of the whole concept of first class (as a passenger, not from a business perspective), but I _really_ don't see any need for B6 to go that route.

I _would_ like to see them expand their rewards program a bit (or maybe, just _maybe_ get rid of (or extend) that !@#$! points expiring after 2 years... i've been in the 80s twice in the past two years, only to have points slip away pushing me back down... grr)

FlyGuyClt

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:11 pm

jetBlue First Class Where Are You?

On that AA MD80 taxiing by? (just a thought)

Safe Flying  Smile
Florida Express, Braniff II and ......

EridanMan

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:15 pm

Quoting FlyGuyClt (Reply 10):

Safe Flying Smile

Yeah... just pray to god you don't have to change your reservation for any reason.

selcalcheckok

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:54 pm

Spirit has an affordable business class service. You really just pay for the seat and free drinks. I could see Jetblue doing something like they do. But if they did I think Jetblue's concept would be totally reversed. * Even though they are not really that cheap anymore anyway....

ck

Alitalia744

Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:21 pm

Quoting SpazolaJBLULGB (Reply 8):
hope you enjoyed the XM Radio on that Air Whatever flight which was installed in MCO by Live Tv owned by B6!!! Since when has an MD-80 been more comfortable than a A-320 except for maybe Midwest Express with 80 pax on it? "SPAZ"

What does the MD80have to do with anything? "SPAZ?"
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

richierich

Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:47 pm

Its funny... people in here often discuss how JetBlue having a second fleet type was a variation from their original business model. To me, if they were to put in a First or Biz Class, this would represent a much bigger departure from the original business model than adding the E190s was.
None shall pass!!!!

NASBWI

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:40 pm

Quoting Richierich (Reply 14):
To me, if they were to put in a First or Biz Class, this would represent a much bigger departure from the original business model than adding the E190s was.

My thoughts exactly!
Fierce, Fabulous, and Flawless ;)

supa7E7

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:30 am

JetBlue's denial of profitable things such as premium cabins and Europe service is really quite arrogant.

Tons of rich NYCers would pay double for premium class. LCC premium class is a proven method that I do not need to explain here.

Quoting JetBlueNYFL (Reply 3):
Not having different cabins greatly reduces costs. Especially in this day in age, when the majority of first class seats are paid for with miles or elite status upgrades it is not that lucrative any more.

Huh? An E-190 with 11 F has 99 seats. So you lose 1, which typically is fine.

An A320 with 150 seats (12F) is possible too. You do lose some seat pitch... all airlines have analyzed this and concluded F is worth its weight (LCC or otherwise). JetBlue, being based in NYC, could not in its right mind conclude otherwise... my suspicion is B6 does not take financial analysis seriously. Just their mantras.
"Who's to say spaceships aren't fine art?" - Phil Lesh

717-200

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:09 am

Quoting Garri767 (Reply 7):
airTran is the perfect example, as they operate a very successful (and comfortable , ive experienced ) business class and it gets a lot of attention from pax.

Yes FL does have a nice biz class and I got to enjoy it many times while
taking advantage of my flight benes, but it comes at the expense of the
poor soul in the back that has to endure a tight 30-31 inch DVT inducing
seat pitch. I would much rather fly on a single class LCC like B6 or WN
where everyone has a tolerable seat pitch and good service throughout
the cabin, not limited to the front end behind the now popular mesh
curtain.
72S 733 734 735 73G 738 742 752 763 E190 M82 M83

B777-700

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:14 am

No first class seats.....no second class citizens!

The biggest load of crap in airline marketing I think I've heard, ever.
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

ikramerica

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:16 am

Quoting Garri767 (Reply 7):
airTran is the perfect example, as they operate a very successful (and comfortable , ive experienced ) business class and it gets a lot of attention from pax.

I know a few people who flew FL because I told them it had J class and they checked the price and it was better than F prices into florida. Go figure.

Quoting 717-200 (Reply 17):
DVT inducing seat pitch.

Read up on DVT before you make silly statements about seat pitch doing anything to bring it on, lest you die of it sitting in your J seat...
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

richierich

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:32 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 18):

Nope.
That would go to Song. (My opinion, and I am joking).
But seeing you brought it up, how is this crap? Clearly JetBlue does not have a first class, so you can't be arguing with that part of the line. So you must have an issue with "no second class citizens". This seems right on to me. I've been snubbed on more than one occasion at one of the other airlines because I was travelling coach and not First. Screw that! And, frankly, I think the coach product at JetBlue rivals or exceeds coach in many other US airlines. Nothing second class about that.

Quoting Supa7E7 (Reply 16):
JetBlue's denial of profitable things such as premium cabins and Europe service is really quite arrogant.

Arrogant? Now that's funny. Pesonally, I find nothing arrogant with democratically treating all passengers in the same manner. Its efficient, economical and it works for countless other LCCs around the world, so why not New York? Are New Yorkers typically more arrogant than people in other cities, is this what you are trying to say?

The last thing NY needs is another two-class airline. I think having one class, and doing it well, is one of JetBlue's strongest values and I doubt Neeleman regrets this decision at all.
None shall pass!!!!

B777-700

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:40 am

Quoting Richierich (Reply 20):
This seems right on to me. I've been snubbed on more than one occasion at one of the other airlines because I was travelling coach and not First. Screw that! And, frankly, I think the coach product at JetBlue rivals or exceeds coach in many other US airlines. Nothing second class about that.

Because everyone has the option of buying first, or business or coach. No one 'feels bad' because they bought a coach seat, and if you do, you're an idiot.

It's Jetblue labeling other airlines passengers, and that's exactly what's BS about it.

Jetblue is playing on peoples emotions. And I'm sorry if you think Jetblue's $500 pax get the same treatment as the $50 ones when push comes to shove. You'd be fooling yourself.

FLY2LIM

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:50 am

Quoting EridanMan (Reply 11):
Quoting FlyGuyClt (Reply 10):

Safe Flying Smile

Yeah... just pray to god you don't have to change your reservation for any reason.

Well, since we are discussing the business class in that MD 80 taxiing by, there would not be a penalty to change a business class seat, right? Just a thought, of course.

FLY2LIM
Faucett. La primera linea aerea del Peru.

NASBWI

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:50 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 21):
Because everyone has the option of buying first, or business or coach. No one 'feels bad' because they bought a coach seat, and if you do, you're an idiot.

Umm, not quite following here; why *would* someone "feel bad" buying a coach seat? It's not like you don't know what you're getting into, or snubbing someone else (who, on B6, is also flying coach).

Jetblue is playing on peoples emotions.

I dunno about all that, but if they were, exactly how does that differ from just about every other marketing scheme from any other company, airline or not? To sell a product, wouldn't someone want to play on emotions to spark the much-needed attention to that product that would potentially lead to a sale?

And I'm sorry if you think Jetblue's $500 pax get the same treatment as the $50 ones when push comes to shove. You'd be fooling yourself.

Same (or different) treatment from whom, exactly? The customer service agents? Flight attendants? Pilots? Ground Crew? David Neeleman? My apologies, but as an inflight crewmember, I don't make it a point to look at the passenger manifest to see who paid what for a ticket (and then using that info to determine what kind of service they should receive). The only reason I would possibly look at the manifest is to find someone who may be on the wrong flight, or someone who's creating a disturbance. Thankfully, the latter hasn't happened on any of my flights.

[Edited 2006-07-26 19:58:04]

ikramerica

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:57 am

Jetblue is playing on peoples emotions

Actually, they are playing the class against class game. Considering they were bankrolled by one of the richest, most manipulative men on the face of the earth, I find it laughable.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

richierich

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:11 am

Quoting NASBWI (Reply 23):
Same (or different) treatment from whom, exactly? The customer service agents? Flight attendants? Pilots? Ground Crew?

But if there were F pax, they'd be noticed wouldn't they?? Everybody is treated the same on JetBlue.. I guess for the people that need to feel self-important and pay dearly for the priviledge, B6 is not your airline. Luckily, for a lot of NY passengers, that does not appear to be the case.

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 24):
Considering they were bankrolled by one of the richest, most manipulative men on the face of the earth, I find it laughable.

And you expected a new airline to be bankrolled by whom, exactly??

Jetblue is playing on peoples emotions.

Riiiiight, because no other airline would ever do that, would they? ("We love to fly and it shows...")
None shall pass!!!!

B777-700

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:46 am

m, not quite following here; why *would* someone "feel bad" buying a coach seat?

Well, according to Jetblue with this 'no second class treatment' nonsense, any passenger that bought a coach seat on an airline that has a 2 cabin aircraft.

I dunno about all that, but if they were, exactly how does that differ from just about every other marketing scheme from any other company, airline or not? To sell a product, wouldn't someone want to play on emotions to spark the much-needed attention to that product that would potentially lead to a sale?

Because it's not promoting their service, it's labeling the competitions customers.

Same (or different) treatment from whom, exactly? The customer service agents? Flight attendants? Pilots? Ground Crew? David Neeleman? My apologies, but as an inflight crewmember, I don't make it a point to look at the passenger manifest to see who paid what for a ticket (and then using that info to determine what kind of service they should receive).

Anyone in frontline customer service. Any business takes care of their most loyal and valuable customers, and are a lot more liberal waiving and bending rules, and with compensation. It's just good business.

Actually, they are playing the class against class game. Considering they were bankrolled by one of the richest, most manipulative men on the face of the earth, I find it laughable.

Well yea, that's a better way to put it.

Quoting Richierich (Reply 25):
Considering they were bankrolled by one of the richest, most manipulative men on the face of the earth, I find it laughable.

And you expected a new airline to be bankrolled by whom, exactly??

What's also laughable is the amount of F class tkts Mr. Soros has booked on one of JetBlues main competitors.  

Everybody is treated the same on JetBlue..

Hahaha, no they are not. You don't feel the person that paid 10 times more for their ticket is entitled to a little more leniency? What about the business traveler who's company gives B6 tens of thousands of dollars a year? What about the True Blue members? Are you telling me they're all the same as the kid who paid $49 for a one-time-only ticket cause he happened to see that B6 was the cheapest on orbitz?

You're kidding yourself.

Riiiiight, because no other airline would ever do that, would they? ("We love to fly and it shows...")

That's taking pride in your product, not playing on the supposed anxiety and emotions of the competitors customers.

[Edited 2006-07-26 20:49:02]

JetBlueAUS

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:51 am

When they say that it means that they treat everyone with the same respect. Everyone gets the same inflight service, great customer service, and so on. How is that the biggest load of crap ever? That statement should make you feel good.

No, but I have been on flights where the flight crew treats the first class passengers like they are royalty, and then treat the Coach passengers differently because it seemed like they wanted to give high quality service to those who paid more for their airline.
Not all of us can be heroes, some of us can only stand on the sidewalk and clap as they go by.

B777-700

Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:03 am

Quoting JetBlueAUS (Reply 27):
When they say that it means that they treat everyone with the same respect. Everyone gets the same inflight service, great customer service, and so on. How is that the biggest load of crap ever?

Than that's how they need to promote it. They took the negative route.

And 'great customer service' is subjective.

No, but I have been on flights where the flight crew treats the first class passengers like they are royalty, and then treat the Coach passengers differently because it seemed like they wanted to give high quality service to those who paid more for their airline.

Of course! When you pay for more service, you get more service. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and Jetblue is acting like there is.

Again, all businesses take care of their most loyal and valuable customers. Jetblue is no exception, whether you want to admit it or not.

I can't believe I'm actually having to tell some of you this.

jetbluefan1

Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:11 am

To answer the thread starter's question, JetBlue does not have a First Class because the Coach product that they offer is already superior to the standard Coach products out there.

Keep in mind that most First Class services have leather seats, personal TV, meals, generous pitch, and more room.

JetBlue already offers leather seats and personal TV's, and the majority of the plane already has above-industry-average pitch. So, in reality, there's only so much that a First Class cabin would add to the experience. While JetBlue's First Class service could obviously be better than its Coach Class service, it's not nearly to the extent of - say - the difference between AA's Coach and AA's First.

Jetblue is playing on peoples emotions. And I'm sorry if you think Jetblue's $500 pax get the same treatment as the $50 ones when push comes to shove. You'd be fooling yourself.

Your numbers are off by lightyears, but I see what you're getting at.

In any case, your argument really has no value as JetBlue already does sell a lot of those higher priced tickets. Obviously the people who buy the $399 fare as opposed to the $149 fare don't mind receiving the "same treatment" as the cattle.

Look at Southwest as well. All one-class service, and yet they are having no problem making money.

Some airlines find First Class to be a valuable asset as it helps them attract CEO's, etc. However, this doesn't fit into JetBlue's business model as it doesn't strive to reach these people; catering to the average American is what their model seems to be based on - and the average American watches his or her spending habbits.

At the end of the day, it comes down to one thing: making money. You could argue that the product sucks, the people are rednecks, and that business travelers prefer not to travel with LCC's, but if the airline is making money, then it's obviously doing something right.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

JetBluefan1

B777-700

Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:49 am

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 29):
To answer the thread starter's question, JetBlue does not have a First Class because the Coach product that they offer is already superior to the standard Coach products out there.

...in your opinion.  Wink

Your numbers are off by lightyears, but I see what you're getting at.

In any case, your argument really has no value as JetBlue already does sell a lot of those higher priced tickets. Obviously the people who buy the $399 fare as opposed to the $149 fare don't mind receiving the "same treatment" as the cattle.

Nope, clearly you don't see what I'm getting at.

richierich

Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:51 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 26):
What's also laughable is the amount of F class tkts Mr. Soros has booked on one of JetBlues main competitors.

So what? He is allowed to book travel on who he likes and also invest in who he chooses. Welcome to America.

Actually, I'd be surprised if Soros flew on anything else but his own planes. He can certainly afford it.

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 28):

Negative as in "second class citizens?" That's not negative. Negative would be pointing out the other airlines by name. Just like when AA used to promote flying to LAX from JFK, instead of that "other" airport.... Or More Room Throughout Coach. Was that negative too?

It might not be very clever marketing but it is certainly not negative marketing. I think your point is worthless and, frankly, very weak, considering every airline (and most other businesses) use negative ads all the time, and this tagline barely even registers on the negative ad scale. Any airline that felt offended by JetBlue probably really does have a bad Y class.
None shall pass!!!!

jetBlueNYFL

Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:59 am

Huh? An E-190 with 11 F has 99 seats. So you lose 1, which typically is fine.

Yes, but those 11 F seats would not be lucrative because: 1. the E190 is used on shorter flights under 1,800 miles and 2. less first class seats are paid for with actual money than ever (it's mostly elite upgrades)

No first class seats.....no second class citizens!

Biggest load of crap in airline marketing? It's true, because everyone is treated equally on jetBlue...just as on Southwest. And, there is nothing at all wrong with that. jetBlue's coach product is superior to coach on other airlines and it comes very close to and sometimes even passes the quality of first class on other airlines DOMESTIC flights. I personally think that the biggest load of crap in airline marketing is that DL's business is based on customer satisfaction.

I don't think Richie means he "feels bad"' buying a coach seat - I think what he means is that he was treated "very poorly" in a coach seat...as I and many others have experienced. For you Seinfeld fans out there, I am sure you recall the episode of Jerry in first class and the way he was treated compared to Elaine in coach and the way she was treated...typical airline scene.

It's Jetblue labeling other airlines passengers, and that's exactly what's BS about it.

Wrong. All jetBlue is trying to say is that you don't need to pay an arm and a leg to receive high-quality service in a coach seat, especially.

What??? Are you saying that they should have received funding from someone who does not have the money!?!?

Anyone in frontline customer service. Any business takes care of their most loyal and valuable customers, and are a lot more liberal waiving and bending rules, and with compensation. It's just good business.

Nope, it's just poor business. Treating better customers differently does not always pay off. For example, take Company A. Company A is a publishing firm and an author approaches them to publish a book. This author has never published a book before, but receives the exact same quality treatment as the other authors who have previous books published with them. If his book is a success, he won't think twice about returtning to Company A for future jobs AND recommending them to friends and family. This same scenerio with Company B: The author approaches Company B to publish his first book. He receives sub-standard service after seeing the bigger clients treated better. Even if the book is a hit, why would he have an incentive to return for future business if the customer service was so poor!? The lesson: Don't judge a book by its cover...justt because an airline customer is not a big shot traveler and only travels once or twice a year on a cheap, leisure fare does not mean that the person won't start traveling more often for business. Or, maybe that person would normally recommend them to their friends who fly at least 5 times a month. Every customer counts...no matter how large or small. Especially in the airline industry, where literally that 1 extra ticket sold on a flight could mean the different between profit or loss!

How is that laughable? There is nothing wrong with investing in a company you belive in, but patronizing another company. Soros obviously believed in jetBlue (and he was right) but he wants the status of first class...nothing wrong there. Are you saying that the Walton's would never buy clothes at Nordstrom? Or, Ray Kroc or Dave Thomas would never eat at a fine dining restaurant? Are you saying that Starwood's CEO would never stay at a Ritz Carlton? What about the CEO of Toyota driving a Ford or BMW? There is nothing wrong with any of these examples, just as there is nothing wrong with Soros flying on another airline.

Hahaha, no they are not. You don't feel the person that paid 10 times more for their ticket is entitled to a little more leniency? What about the business traveler who's company gives B6 tens of thousands of dollars a year? What about the True Blue members? Are you telling me they're all the same as the kid who paid $49 for a one-time-only ticket cause he happened to see that B6 was the cheapest on orbitz?

You're kidding yourself.

Paying more for a coach ticket should not get you better treatment. I don't think a las minute fare on AA from LGA-ORD for $900 in coach gets you anything special. jetBlue does not sell tickets on Orbitz.

Of course! When you pay for more service, you get more service. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and Jetblue is acting like there is.

Again, all businesses take care of their most loyal and valuable customers. Jetblue is no exception, whether you want to admit it or not.

Wrong again. JetBlue is not activing like there is something wrong with paying more for more service. There is, however, something seriously wrong with customers in coach on other airlines being treated not like humans. jetBlue obviously offers a superior product.....they win so many awards for comfort and customer service. And, if they were nothing special...do you honestly think so many celebrities would fly on them? Just to name a few...Conan O'Brian (talked on his show about flying jetBlue JFK-SEA and how he watched his "own show on the airline's PTVs and made a joke about how he was not funny that night), Alec Baldwin, Magic Johnson, etc.

checkmark  Right on!

jetbluefan1

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:34 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 30):
Nope, clearly you don't see what I'm getting at.

Since I don't understand what you're attempting to say, then please clarify your statement.

Despite what you think, JetBlue hardly promotes its one-class service. It's just a fact that it has one-class service, but this is hardly a marketing ploy that JetBlue takes advantage of. JetBlue markets its fares, TV's and service the most.

There is one commercial where "First Class" is mentioned. It's a (true) story about a lady who says that when she took her seat, she thought she was in First Class.

I don't see anything negative about that.

By not offering First Class, JetBlue is acting like there's something wrong with paying more for more service? That's ridiculous. First Class isn't offered on JetBlue because it just doesn't fit their business model. Period. It doesn't have to do with "arrogance" or "negativity toward other airlines" - it has to do with money, just like every other business decision should have to do with!

Of course they do - that's why there's TrueBlue and the American Express card, which in turn give these people free flights. But JetBlue doesn't offer them something additional when on a flight, such as a foot rub or stripper entertainment...

Hmmm

I love how the word "arrogant" is used to characterize an airline.

JetBlue doesn't offer Europe service for reasons that I shouldn't even have to point out.

JetBlue doesn't offer First Class service because it doesn't fit into their business model.

That's not arrogance. That's business sense!

JetBluefan1

JetBlueGuy2006

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:57 am

There is no need for B6 to have a F class. There are so many other ammenities that they offer on board and in the terminal, everyone enjoys themselves.
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

MAH4546

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:30 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 1):
Aren't they a low cost carrier? I mean, it's the whole business model of an LCC that doesn't allow for F class!

airTran, ATA, and Spirit all offer business class.
a.

Yirmiyahu

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:33 am

Quoting Hannigan (Reply 2):
The whole plane is first class jeez. (someone was going to say it eventually)

[Edited 2006-07-26 23:33:40]
Hine Ma Tov Umenayim, Shevet Achim Gam Yachad

Touchdown777

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:40 am

Why would one need first class on B6? Leather seats, friendly service, however, I would vouch to have all alcoholic drinks included, though ...

T7
Made in the USA

B777-700

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:48 am

Quoting Richierich (Reply 31):
So what? He is allowed to book travel on who he likes and also invest in who he chooses. Welcome to America.

So how exactly is this different than JetBlue's perpetuated thought that legacies treat coach pax a 'second class citizens? Aren't people allowed to book travel and what ever cabin they choose?

Way to make a hypocrite out of yourself.

Actually, I'd be surprised if Soros flew on anything else but his own planes. He can certainly afford it.

Get ready to be surprised then. And it would just kill you to know who he's flying on to, oh I dunno...Let's just say: NYC-WAS, JFK-AUS, JFK-SLC...Let's just say.  Wink

Negative as in "second class citizens?" That's not negative.

Um, last I checked being labeled 'second class' isn't a good thing.

Or More Room Throughout Coach.

Nope, it's promoting their service, not bashing anothers.

Any airline that felt offended by JetBlue probably really does have a bad Y class.

Yea, blah blah blah. It's the same crap all the time. Jetblue good, everyone else bad. How much are they paying you?  Wink

Quoting JetBlueNYFL (Reply 32):
Biggest load of crap in airline marketing? It's true, because everyone is treated equally on jetBlue

No, they're not. Go back and read.

And, there is nothing at all wrong with that. jetBlue's coach product is superior to coach on other airlines

...in your opinion.

I personally think that the biggest load of crap in airline marketing is that DL's business is based on customer satisfaction

What? Aren't all airlines? lol. What a ridiculous comment.

For you Seinfeld fans out there, I am sure you recall the episode of Jerry in first class and the way he was treated compared to Elaine in coach and the way she was treated...typical airline scene.

No, not typical airline scene. Unless you actually believe everything you see on an entertainment program. Maybe you believe airlines hold flights for a person that's running late. Or will you tell me next that jetblue will do that cause they're the good guys? lol.

Wrong. All jetBlue is trying to say is that you don't need to pay an arm and a leg to receive high-quality service in a coach seat, especially.

Wrong? hahaha. There's no right or wrong about it. It's all about perception.

Nope, it's just poor business.

AAAHAHAHAHAHA. Please don't let me start any enterprise with you.

You will never say anything bad about B6 huh? It's always right isn't it? Pathetic.

Every customer counts...no matter how large or small.

Oh course. You treat all customers great. You treat your most loyal and valuable ones better. Again, I can't believe I have to explain this to you guys. Are you really that far off the deep end that you'll back up B6 at all costs?

How is that laughable?

Because it completely destroys jetblue's theory that other airlines treat coach passengers as second class citizens.

Paying more for a coach ticket should not get you better treatment.

I really can't believe I just read that...let me go back....

yep, you really did just say that.

I don't think a las minute fare on AA from LGA-ORD for $900 in coach gets you anything special.

Sure does. Gets you a refundable fare, gives you the flexibility to make changed w/out fees. Gets you more FF miles. Get's you higher priority when being rebooked due to irops. Gets you upgrade opportunities...shall I go on?

Wrong again. JetBlue is not activing like there is something wrong with paying more for more service.

Sure they are. But you're welcome to believe what you like, since you've proven you're not capable of thinking for yourself and need jetblue to tell you what to believe.

There is, however, something seriously wrong with customers in coach on other airlines being treated not like humans.

Which isn't happening. It's what Jetblue wants you to think.

jetBlue obviously offers a superior product

...in your opinion.

do you honestly think so many celebrities would fly on them?

Hahahahah. Seriously? Really? Did you really just say that? That's the best you can do? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You guys are a trip!

talked on his show about flying jetBlue JFK-SEA and how he watched his "own show on the airline's PTVs and made a joke about how he was not funny that night

He's paid to say that. Please tell me he's not...please say he's just doing to be nice....lol

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 33):
Since I don't understand what you're attempting to say, then please clarify your statement

No, go back and read. I've made it very clear.

Despite what you think, JetBlue hardly promotes its one-class service

Maybe not, but God almighty you clowns do...ad nauseum.

By not offering First Class, JetBlue is acting like there's something wrong with paying more for more service? That's ridiculous.

Clearly, you just dont get it. Take the blue blinders off.

Of course they do

Oh wait, they DO now? I thought they treated everyone the same? Better go check with your blue buddies before posting again...make sure you're on the same page.  Wink

I love how the word "arrogant" is used to characterize an airline.

It couldn't have been arrogance that led them to try service to ATL right, it had to have been 'good business sense'! hahahaha.

You guys are really great. Really...I mean that. Big grin

JetBlueAUS

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:16 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 38):
Biggest load of crap in airline marketing? It's true, because everyone is treated equally on jetBlue

No, they're not. Go back and read.

On every airline, you have the good and the bad. JetBlue is no different. I am sure that not every JetBlue crewmember will have a smile on their face and warmly welcome you into the cabin. I have experienced this on every airline I fly normally. There are some people that care about what they are doing and want passengers to enjoy their time with the company they work for. Others could care less, and would rather be sleeping than working a flight at 7:30 AM. JetBlue doesn't treat everyone equally because they are not a perfect company. However, I'd say a majority of the flight crew, customer service agents, and other workers want you to enjoy your JetBlue experience.

It couldn't have been arrogance that led them to try service to ATL right, it had to have been 'good business sense'! hahahaha.

You guys are really great. Really...I mean that.

Keep in mind you also have this arrogant halo over your head. ATL was a mistake, every company makes mistakes. Its amazing that you only look at the negative aspects of companies. Lighten up, dude.
Not all of us can be heroes, some of us can only stand on the sidewalk and clap as they go by.

jetBlueNYFL

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:20 am

I'm not even going to waste my time replying to the rest of your same old, boring case about jetBlue. I truly commend some other members here on a.net, specifically JetBluefan1, who have the patience to prove your ridiculous points wrong. However, regarding this one comment:

jetBlue obviously offers a superior product

...in your opinion.

My opinion, maybe. But, you can't argue with the fact that it is the opinion of the majority of their customers. B6 has the lowest complaint rate to the DOT, they win pretty much ever single award the travel industry has to offer and almost everywher you go its "jetBlue this, jetBlue that...jetBlue is the best." It's not just my opinion...it's the MAJORITY of the domesti flying public's opinion.

Compared to other domestic airlines in coach: 32"-34" seat pitch is the most generous in the industry, with a 1" wider seat. Leather is better quality...don't say that is personal preference because first class on other airlines have leather. FREE inflight entertainment (36 channels of DirecTV, 3 Fox Inflight movies for 5 bucks, 100 channels of XM Satellite Radio and the map on 13). FREE Unlimited, assorted snacks. FREE Bliss Spa Kit on overnight ShutEye flights. Low change penalties. TrueBlue...a program that is actually easy to earn and redeem free award travel.

FLYACYYZ

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:25 am

When they say that it means that they treat everyone with the same respect. Everyone gets the same inflight service, great customer service, and so on. How is that the biggest load of crap ever? That statement should make you feel good.

RIGHT ON!! In simple terms, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Above and Beyond

halls120

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:39 am

Quoting JetBlueNYFL (Reply 40):
B6 has the lowest complaint rate to the DOT, they win pretty much ever single award the travel industry has to offer and almost everywher you go its "jetBlue this, jetBlue that...jetBlue is the best." It's not just my opinion...it's the MAJORITY of the domesti flying public's opinion.

How can JetBlue claim to be the best airline, based on "the majority of the domestic flying public's opinion" when it isn't even on the top 10 ten list of domestic enplanements?

Southwest is number 1 in the above category, by the way.

I have no doubt that JetBlue offers an excellent product, and has a loyal customer base. Yes, they win lots of awards, but let's be honest - those awards are subjective and prone to ballot box stuffing. And to suggest that they are #1 in the eyes of the domestic flying public when they don't carry anywhere close to the most domestic traffic is hyperbole.

JetBlue has done a great job of providing an excellent Y product, and their marketing is likewise superior. But they aren't the second coming, despite the loud clamoring of some JetBlue fans.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

NASBWI

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:57 am

So how exactly is this different than JetBlue's perpetuated thought that legacies treat coach pax a 'second class citizens? Aren't people allowed to book travel and what ever cabin they choose?

I don't know exactly where this "second-class citizen" stuff was dreamed up, but from the arguments I've read, all I can deduce is that I think a lot of us are at least partially wrong. B777, I can see your frustration from us B6 supporters (LOVE your tagline btw lol!), but that's just us I guess. I won't apologize for it, nor will I unburden my cheer on you (besides, I don't look very good in a cheerleader uniform). Maybe my head's been stuck in the clouds, but I don't recall any instances of B6 *directly* bashing another airline - or their customers. We all have heard about the pre-CLT advertisements, yes. However, I don't think B6 came out and said "US Airways offers substandard service in coach. Many of us dot-netters can take that to imply that they're jabbing at US, since they are the dominant carrier. But to someone who doesn't fly all that often, and doesn't live in CLT, how do they know? Aaaahh...as someone pointed out, it's no different than DL's jab at B6 flying out of LGB (sorry, that other airport). I could be wrong (after all, I haven't worked for B6 for all that long), so please point me in the direction of a specific example if that is the case.

Of course they do - that's why there's TrueBlue and the American Express card, which in turn give these people free flights. But JetBlue doesn't offer them something additional when on a flight, such as a foot rub or stripper entertainment...

Hmmm

Ah-ha! See, I'm more inclined to agree with JetBluefan1 here (minus the foot rub or stripper entertainment, of course!). Essentially, it would appear that a lot of major carriers do offer levels of customer service for their premium customers that the average joe in coach wouldn't see. And as far as material gains on the trip (better meals, wider seats, extra miles, alcohol, etc) that's great! They paid for it, and hence by all means they earned it. However, does the added price that they pay dictate how friendly a front-line customer service agent should treat the customer? Whether you paid $140 or $14000 for a ticket on an airline, you should never be treated as though your money is a waste of their time. A lot of people here seem to be of the opinion that many majors do just that: smile away at their premium customers' faces (and wallets) while scowling, sighing, or outright yelling at average joe. I'm sure there are many here who can give examples to just that kind of service. Is that the service you believe coach customers should receive? Yes, jetBlue does offer amenities to customers who spend more on our airline. As previously mentioned, there's the frequent flier program, and for those who spend more on a ticket in general, chances are the ticket has less restrictions on it. It's not exactly a concept unique to the industry, much less jetBlue. And most people are ok with that.

In a nutshell, paying more to get more is standard and expected, no matter what airline you fly on. But paying less does not mean one should receive any less of a warm welcome, or any less assistance at the check-in counter, or the gate, or the aircraft. And I think that's what gets a lot of peoples' goats about a lot of legacies (no names mentioned), and why jetBlue (love us or hate us) gets a lot more attention for their customer service.

richierich

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:09 am

Get ready to be surprised then. And it would just kill you to know who he's flying on to, oh I dunno...Let's just say: NYC-WAS, JFK-AUS, JFK-SLC...Let's just say.

Seeing you are obviously much more aware what the G-man is flying than I am, I still come back to the "so what?" If I had hundreds of millions of dollars, maybe I'd fly First Class too. But, like the majority of Americans, I don't. So it comes down to who offers the best Coach product for my money. Period. Soros can fly what he chooses - I welcome it (and so should you...)

Um, last I checked being labeled 'second class' isn't a good thing.

Is this directed at any other airlines in particular? Nope.
Next you'll be trying to argue that they shouldn't promote their Travel & Leisure #1 US airline award either, because it is "negative" toward other airlines.

As John Stossel says, "Give me a break..."

Nope, it's promoting their service, not bashing anothers.

You are beyond help.
Saying that they treat everybody the same (because they do) is what I would call promoting their service. If DL, AA, or others feel so strongly about it, then maybe they should go to a one class of service too. Then they could say the same thing....

Yea, blah blah blah. It's the same crap all the time. Jetblue good, everyone else bad. How much are they paying you?

Nothing. I don't know if you are implying that I work for them, but I have never said that. I happen to care a lot about many facets of this industry, but I have also made it clear that I think JetBlue is a great airline with a great product. For this, I get hurled insults by some tool who holds great resentment for JetBlue? Talk about arrogance....

What are the other airlines paying you? (Hopefully not a lot because your analysis of the industry and its marketing fall below "junk bond" status.)

I'm not even going to waste my time replying to the rest of your same old, boring case about jetBlue. I truly commend some other members here on a.net, specifically JetBluefan1, who have the patience to prove your ridiculous points wrong.

I agree but B777 is the ridiculous sort who likes to incite arguments where there are none to be won.

Fortunately, B777 is in the minority and he knows it. Otherwise B6 would be out of business tomorrow. Instead, he'll just have it watch it grow and thrive.
None shall pass!!!!

brilondon

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:14 am

Anyone in front line customer service. Any business takes care of their most loyal and valuable customers, and are a lot more liberal waiving and bending rules, and with compensation. It's just good business.

That is right in a sense as you would like to think that a person should be accorded a little extra attention when they have chosen your service or product over the competition on a regular basis.

People who want to fly first class can find other airlines who offer such a service though and my experience with B6 has always been one of the best in the industry anyways. You should give them a go and judge for your self.
Rush for ever; Yankees all the way!!

richierich

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:33 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 42):
Yes, they win lots of awards, but let's be honest - those awards are subjective and prone to ballot box stuffing.

JetBlue has done a great job of providing an excellent Y product, and their marketing is likewise superior. But they aren't the second coming, despite the loud clamoring of some JetBlue fans.

As to why they win awards, maybe the answer is in your second statement "a great job of providing an excellent Y product".

I like JetBlue because they are a great value, regardless of whether they fly to Omaha (or Little Rock, Memphis, Flint, etc.) or not. An airline doesn't have to fly to all 50 states to win these awards, apparently.

While I don't know that companies like Travel & Leisure or J.D. Powers necessarily run clinical scientific polls, I would be willing to bet that they don't simply hand out the awards based on what two guys discuss at the urinal.
None shall pass!!!!

B777-700

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:42 am

Quoting JetBlueAUS (Reply 39):
On every airline, you have the good and the bad. JetBlue is no different. I am sure that not every JetBlue crewmember will have a smile on their face and warmly welcome you into the cabin. I have experienced this on every airline I fly normally. There are some people that care about what they are doing and want passengers to enjoy their time with the company they work for. Others could care less, and would rather be sleeping than working a flight at 7:30 AM. JetBlue doesn't treat everyone equally because they are not a perfect company. However, I'd say a majority of the flight crew, customer service agents, and other workers want you to enjoy your JetBlue experience.

You just...don't...get it...do ya Scott?  Wink

Compared to other domestic airlines in coach: 32"-34" seat pitch is the most generous in the industry, with a 1" wider seat. Leather is better quality...don't say that is personal preference because first class on other airlines have leather. FREE inflight entertainment (36 channels of DirecTV, 3 Fox Inflight movies for 5 bucks, 100 channels of XM Satellite Radio and the map on 13). FREE Unlimited, assorted snacks. FREE Bliss Spa Kit on overnight ShutEye flights. Low change penalties. TrueBlue...a program that is actually easy to earn and redeem free award travel.

How much they payin' ya?  Wink

Let me just say something here...If you can get me and Halls to agree on something, you have issues.  Wink

Quoting NASBWI (Reply 43):
I don't know exactly where this "second-class citizen" stuff was dreamed up

The Jetblue marketing department boardroom.

besides, I don't look very good in a cheerleader uniform

Esh...thanks for the mental image.  Wink

DL's jab at B6 flying out of LGB

It was AA I believe.

paid $140 or $14000 for a ticket on an airline, you should never be treated as though your money is a waste of their time.

Exactly. I never said anything counter to that. You treat all passengers great, in an ideal world. But you give your more loyal and valuable even more concideration. Which is why those you are saying 'Jetblue treats everyone the same' doesn't cut it.

It's actually half way decent talking to you man, you set a good example for these blue-heads on here.  Wink

Quoting Richierich (Reply 44):
Seeing you are obviously much more aware what the G-man is flying than I am, I still come back to the "so what?" If I had hundreds of millions of dollars, maybe I'd fly First Class too. But, like the majority of Americans, I don't. So it comes down to who offers the best Coach product for my money. Period. Soros can fly what he chooses - I welcome it (and so should you...)

But he flies on the carriers that make coach passengers 'feel bad'. Further, he's taking the competition on routes Jetblue flies. Hmmm wonder why?  Wink

As John Stossel says, "Give me a break..."

^See Austin Powers reference above.

I get hurled insults by some tool who holds great resentment for JetBlue? Talk about arrogance....

What resentment would this be? I've flown them, and I've decided they're nothing special. I've said this a million times in our 'talks'. What I have a problem with is you guys always trying to cram it down everyones throats how awesome they are. I can blame people like you in part, for my unremarkable experience on them. They're overhyped.

Saying that they treat everybody the same (because they do) is what I would call promoting their service. If DL, AA, or others feel so strongly about it, then maybe they should go to a one class of service too. Then they could say the same thing....

Why lower themselves?  Wink

Fortunately, B777 is in the minority and he knows it. Otherwise B6 would be out of business tomorrow. Instead, he'll just have it watch it grow and thrive.

Why would I care if it does or not? I don't 'root' for any airlines like you clowns do. It's really quite funny to watch you all work, in a pathetic sort of way.

You just cant understand how someone who has flown on them (many times) doesn't think it's something to orgasm about. They're a means to get from point A to point B.

halls120

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:52 am

Quoting Richierich (Reply 46):
While I don't know that companies like Travel & Leisure or J.D. Powers necessarily run clinical scientific polls, I would be willing to bet that they don't simply hand out the awards based on what two guys discuss at the urinal.

I'm not saying they do. But the "awards" are subject to manipulation.

When I take my car into the Acura dealer for service, they are very attentive and make sure to send me a questionnaire they ask me to submit.

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 47):
Let me just say something here...If you can get me and Halls to agree on something, you have issues.

biggrin  gettin cold in hell, I hear.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

NASBWI

Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:03 am

The Jetblue marketing department boardroom

Again, please find me a specific example (if only for my own reference) because I fail to see that.   

You treat all passengers great, in an ideal world. But you give your more loyal and valuable even more concideration. Which is why those you are saying 'Jetblue treats everyone the same' doesn't cut it.

Why not? Yes, in an ideal world, all customers are treated with equal respect and courtesy. We all know the world is not ideal, and I'm sure there are bad apples everywhere. However, to say that we routinely do not treat our customers equally would be a fallacy. I may not have worked here very long, but I have been here long enough to see that our culture does not dictate that; there has not been one flight that I've worked where someone was treated differently because of the price of their ticket. And I've worked a lot of flights to almost all of our destinations (gotta luv reserve!). So yes, I would agree that generally speaking (ie with the exception of the few bad apples), B6 does try to treat everyone equally, regardless of the fare they paid, or how often they fly with us.

It was AA I believe.

Thank you.   

Now, to answer the original question, I'm just gonna chime in with the others and agree that B6 offers a proven product as is, and I can't see the reason to add something else - except maybe more destinations  biggrin 

[Edited 2006-07-27 02:05:00]